This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EliseTF
    Honestly, I still do not quite understand your practice.
    Sorry for your confusion. Could you elaborate on what is confusing you?
    [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Protacto is a free project management tool.
      https://www.protacto.com/
      free project management software

Comment

Originally posted by garryabrams View Post
        Protacto is a free project management tool.
        https://www.protacto.com/
        Looking at the link, it says the cheapest plan is $20 p/m....Could you point me to the free plan please?

Edit: They've since added a free plan.
        Last edited by ULLS; 03-15-2016, 07:17 PM.
        [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

Comment

Since I didn't see this posted here, not sure if there's like a 'No Torrent' Restriction or something, but when thumbing through this forum I found the post linking to reddit for a 10gb royalty free soundpack.It's got a ton of excellent sounds, a good majority are industrial / City / Sci-Fi focused, but there's a ton of good clips for any game. http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comm...free_download/

Comment

ndemon, I've not used l3td but that looks very much like similar problems I had in other landscape generate software when I didn't set the bit order correctly in the export process (look for it in the export settings of whatever app you're using).

Comment

another cool modeler i found is 3DCrafter Formally known as 3DCanvas can be found at Amabilis.com For any interested ppls! its kinda like wings3d but not as easy to learn. its like drag and drop modeling...
              Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

Originally posted by ndemon View Post
                How do i use the free version of l3td and/or terragen they both come out looking like this
                I tried to use the "FREE" edition of L3DT and well it is as you know FREE TO TRY... if you want to use any maps you make i suggest buying the indi license. its only like $40 and well worth it to have version 15 because that has a UE4 EXPORT option..... and various options NOT in the Standard(FREE)Version.

It is not easy to make a map from the (FREE) version of L3DT work in UE4.
                Last edited by frostic; 07-02-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by frostic View Post
                  another cool modeler i found is 3DCrafter Formally known as 3DCanvas can be found at Amabilis.com For any interested ppls! its kinda like wings3d but not as easy to learn. its like drag and drop modeling...
                  As I see in the following image it export (pov & rib) files... which UE4 does not recognize..!! OR may be I'm mistaken..

Forgive me; for poor English language

Comment

Originally posted by cadviz View Post
                    As I see in the following image it export (pov & rib) files... which UE4 does not recognize..!! OR may be I'm mistaken..

i guess they took out the .obj export. or moved it to the paid version srry.

Comment

Great work!~~~~

Comment

Steps Recorder from windows , open up run and type in psr.exe . This alow you to get print screens with each click you make and save them auto .

i found this on here :

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/patricka/arc...documents.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Slavq View Post
                          That would be awesome I saw this a long time ago, and it still hasn't been implemented anywhere (or maybe Mixamo uses this?) even if this would be the best auto rigging solution available. I wonder why...
                          Here is a video demonstrating Pinnocchio:
                          Actually, this is implemented in Blender. Blender's Automatic Weighting Tool is based on this algorithm. Blender calls it Bone Heat Weighting. There is also an abandon Maya plugin on Creative crash but the author has long since abandoned the project. He does provide the source, if you want it.

Comment

Reducto by Psycho Core, a Wayne Robson project.

http://psychocore.com/index2.html

What is ReDucto?

ReDucto is a stand alone polygon reduction application that both ships with MudWalker X and on its own. It uses a totally unique algorithm found no where else.

Reducto is a great optimization tool for obj files. It can perform several optimizations to an obj file in addition to polygon reduction, including Tri-Stripping, Baking Ambient Occlusions and Normals to Vertex color, Mesh/Scan noise Reduction, severeal types of subdivision, hole filing as well as some normal fixing tools and others.

If you are a Mudbox 2014 user, he has a tool called Mudwalker X2 that is GOZ for Mudbox (in fact GOZ was created after he created the original MudWalker), that can work locally and across a network. This can send your data to any program that accepts obj or fbx files, and comes with Reducto and a second algorithm for use only by mudbox for polygon reduction.

You must install the original MudWalker X from the Reducto page first. The X2 adds Mudbox 2014 support and the network features.

http://waynerobsondash.blogspot.com/...e-finally.html

Then he also has a mudbox 2014 plugin called BlendWiz.

http://psychocore.com/BlendWiz.html

BlendWiz is a very simple plug-in for Autodesk Mudbox 2014 to automate the create of layer sets to help streamline the workflow for Blendshape based animation. Whereas a usual workflow when dealing with many blendshapes is to have a layer in Mudbox for every Blendshape required, creating these can be a time consuming task when 70 or even hundreds of layers are needed.

BlendWiz is a simple one click solution that creates all layers in a single click. It ships with presets for FACs based facial animation, a preset for Preston Blair phonemes and support for the a workflow based on the application FaceShift. It also allows users to add a custom preset of layers that they require. However ALL presets can be changed and tweaked as needed in your pipeline.

All changes can be made while Mudbox is running without the need to restart Mudbox. BlendWiz creates all the layers you require in less than a second on most machines, and can save both time creating them by hand and also guarantee that all layers created comply to the same naming conventions across different models, artist and even departments if need be.

If used either alongside MudWalker or Mudbox own implimentation this then provides a very fast workflow to automaticaly create th Blendshape layers, correclty name and alos export and set up as blendshapes / morphs in your host app.
                            Thanks to Wayne Robson for giving these away.

For those of you that don't have the 2014 version, if you are a student, or have an Autodesk subscription, you have access to the 2014 version, that you can then use. I recommend installing 2014 first, if you can.
                            Last edited by BillDStrong; 07-12-2015, 07:02 AM. Reason: Added info.

Comment

Here is a great Wood texture generator. http://www.spiralgraphics.biz/ww_overview.htm
                              It is very easy to use, and can make textures up to 3000x3000.
                              Favorite Quotes:
                              "History is indeed little more than the register of the crimes, follies and misfortunes of mankind." -Edward Gibbon
                              "Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain." -Vladimir Putin
                              "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." -General George S. Patton.

Comment

Working...
                              X