Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Community List] Free Software Tools & Resources List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    hi ULLS,

    had a thought, have you considered adding free desktop video recording software to the list?, recording gameplay/tutorials...ect is an integral part of developing games.

    just an idea

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by smokey13 View Post
      hi ULLS,

      had a thought, have you considered adding free desktop video recording software to the list?, recording gameplay/tutorials...ect is an integral part of developing games.

      just an idea
      Hi Smokey, I didn't really consider screen capture software as game play footage can of course be captured with matinee, however if you feel it would be beneficial to the community then please add to the list.
      [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

      Comment


        #48
        Loads of free motion captured animations. =D
        http://www.turbosquid.com/search/motion-capture/free/

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by VeerWolf View Post
          Loads of free motion captured animations. =D
          http://www.turbosquid.com/search/motion-capture/free/
          Thanks! Great addition, I've added it to the master list.
          [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

          Comment


            #50
            Loads of free tuts in really really detailed e-books and loads of free blueprints (character selection screen/ rechargeable torchlight/ burger flipping etc). Courtesy of Ryan Shah!

            http://www.kitatus.co.uk

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by VeerWolf View Post
              Loads of free tuts in really really detailed e-books and loads of free blueprints (character selection screen/ rechargeable torchlight/ burger flipping etc). Courtesy of Ryan Shah!

              http://www.kitatus.co.uk
              Great resource! Added to the master list.

              Thanks VeerWolf & Ryan
              [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

              Comment


                #52
                Normal thief. Helps to "steal" normal from another mesh to a target mesh. :P
                (Thanks to time spirit, mentioned it in another post)

                http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/normal-thief

                Comment


                  #53
                  I made a umg server browser example, called IronFox. Similar to my other umg project, except this one is with the blueprint online session nodes.
                  Youtube
                  Machine Learning C++ Plugin
                  Lindenmayer System C++ Plugin

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by ULLS View Post
                    Hi Smokey, I didn't really consider screen capture software as game play footage can of course be captured with matinee, however if you feel it would be beneficial to the community then please add to the list.
                    I knew I was forgetting a super awesome program that no one should go without...

                    OBS (Open Broadcaster Studio) - Live-stream, screen capture to flv/mp4, multiple sources & overlaying video on video, records off the GPU so it has a very small footprint, Open Source.

                    There is fraps and some others too... but this program makes them fairly irrelevant (I use fraps only for the FPS counter now) . Must have if you want to record tutorials, record some footage from UE4, or live stream!

                    Also, for coders:

                    Visual Studio 2013 Community - Basically the Pro edition with different terms (max 5 users per company, make less than $1million/year, no Enterprise dev) - Which means it's perfect for small UE4 teams!
                    NotePad++ - Syntax highlighting, supports most languages, lightweight

                    For Audio:

                    LMMS - Audio production, sound generator, beats/baseline, synthesizer, & MIDI controller

                    And Misc:

                    GifCam - Quick and easy program for recording Gif images.

                    Model downloads:

                    Yobi3D Search Engine - A search engine for finding 3d models

                    I'll keep looking for more
                    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Probably the best best best FREE foliage pack you can find! Credits to fighter!
                      https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...401#post227401

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Can you guys recommend any particular software (or set of softwares) or plugins for software(s) modelling buildings? I don't mean like just closed off building models, I'd like to actually mesh out entire one-piece interior/exterior meshes. (Minus moving objects like doors, those would be separate, but the walls, floors, stairs, ceilings, rooms would all be one piece.) I did this with Sketchup when I used Cryengine, but applying materials to Sketchup models converted to FBX and imported to Maya always gives horrid results.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Blender should work fine for that. Epic even have a whole Twitch stream with using Blender with Unreal Engine.
                          System
                          ASUS ROG Maximus IX Forumla - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - G.Skill RGB 16GB, Samsung M2 500GB

                          ArtStation
                          Artwork thread

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by Frequia View Post
                            Blender should work fine for that. Epic even have a whole Twitch stream with using Blender with Unreal Engine.
                            Would it be better to have the whole building as one mesh or to make like wall meshes, doorway meshes, floor meshes etc and piece it together in the editor that way?

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Thanks for all the latest additions, I've added them to the master list with the exception of the normal thief script as this appears to require a copy of 3ds Max to use, I'd like to make sure everyone can get some use out of the listed resources without having to pay anything at all.
                              [FREE] Procedural Bridge Blueprint, [FREE] Spline Enabled Ivy BP

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Hi,
                                here is some resources

                                Free Learning Templates:
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...lueprint-Power

                                AI Project Sample:
                                https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...eprint-Only%29
                                Website [ LINK ]
                                Twitter [ LINK ]
                                Support ! [ LINK ]

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X