MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hello CodeSpartan I got it to work, what i did was download a new version of unreal engine source, so I downloaded the 4.25 version and compiled it and did the database parts and everything and it works now, its just because I downloaded a new version then what the docs say,

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Realm Games View Post
    Hello I'm having trouble ruining the client to setup a new character. This is what I'm getting heres a pic.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_202526.png
Views:	174
Size:	524.4 KB
ID:	1810947

Iv changed this to what the docs say to do. I have my php and mysql setup I even tried getting a new website just to make sure that I did not miss anything but all looks good. Please help thanks
    Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled2.png Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	1810949
    Those errors aside, what happens in the game that's unexpected?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
    By making things server-authoritative, you're automatically protected against most cheats.

The only thing that cheat engine allows is to tick more often and therefore run faster. But since Epic released Fortnite and worked on their anti-cheat system, I'm not even sure that would still work.
    "The only thing that cheat engine allows is to tick more often and therefore run faster." That wouldn't work either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello I'm having trouble ruining the client to setup a new character. This is what I'm getting heres a pic.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_202526.png
Views:	174
Size:	524.4 KB
ID:	1810947

Iv changed this to what the docs say to do. I have my php and mysql setup I even tried getting a new website just to make sure that I did not miss anything but all looks good. Please help thanks
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled2.png Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	1810949

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Guys

DSSLite a server management system for MMOKite Now available on marketplace
    Playable demo

Features:
    • Dynamically spinning up new servers to scale up the maximum number of players
    • Dungeon instantiation by ID for groups
    • Automatic recovering of faulted servers and servers monitoring
    • Terminating servers after timeout if they are empty to save resources
    • Full Blueprints support
    • Support Linux and Windows VPSs
    • Password protected authentication
    • Protected servers (will not be terminated even if it is empty)
    • Multiple DSS servers can be used on same VPS
    • Can be integrated with any project
    • Supports MMO Starter Kit
    Discord channel
    Trailer video
    Last edited by MrShaaban; 08-25-2020, 03:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow, it is still in development, cool!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm Cheat Engine allow to make change speed

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By making things server-authoritative, you're automatically protected against most cheats.

The only thing that cheat engine allows is to tick more often and therefore run faster. But since Epic released Fortnite and worked on their anti-cheat system, I'm not even sure that would still work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK, it's working now, but how to protect my game for Cheat Engine?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have Error:
    ERROR: Client targets are not currently supported from this engine distribution.

I'm using UE 4.25.1 from Epic. I need download source from github and compile?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Legionarus View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked before, but how many players does the base version of the starter kit handle? Also how big can the map size be?
    ... I believe the last I saw was a test of that base map with something like a couple hundred clients connected with zero issues, and it wasn't that it was the limit to its capabilities, but the amount of players they could scrape up at the time, the limitations are based on your ability to not waste resources and to mitigate gpu and cpu usage. And that was a long time ago, there might have been a larger test since.

How big the map is, well is up to you and your ability to use the tools UE4 provides to minimize GPU/CPU usage. A lot of people want that open world, but that's not always the smartest way.

Multiple maps with choked portals to connect to different maps run separately is a good way (in this case each map being set to a different port, pretty sure that is covered in the starter guide?), but if you are going for open world feel, look into streaming levels.

I don't think map-size is specifically an mmo kit related issue. Look into tools like occlusion, LODs and other techniques to pull off big world builds, be weary of tessellation on big maps, a lot of people buy auto landscaping materials on the market which use tessellation to look good, that will cause serious lag on big maps, so if you use those be sure to turn tessellation down or off and minimize spawned foliage (if you look at real games out there they usually have much less spawned stuff and foliage then most Unreal scenes that I have seen.)

I have personally tested level streaming with the kit (where only the chunk you are looking at is loaded, not just occluded.)

... but long story short, multiple servers ran on different ports each holding a map, then connecting through some portal in game... or level streaming for a huge open world feel, is what I would go with, both are pretty routine. That's not to say there aren't more answers out there, you could branch out to youtube or other forum discussions talking about these things, the discussions around here seem more mmo kit related but there are a TON of resources out there about pulling off large maps.

...but don't take my word for it, I almost never speak around here but I do read this topic. =)
    Last edited by 6gg Studios; 06-05-2020, 08:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I apologize if this has been asked before, but how many players does the base version of the starter kit handle? Also how big can the map size be?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello, since i have installed the Steam online subsytem in my game. When a client try to connect to the dedicated server, i receive this error : PreLogin failure: incompatible_unique_net_id and the client cannot connect?

What i need to add to be able to run your kit with the Steam online susbsystem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm using a fresh 4.25 version of the kit atm. You answer my problem.
    I'm in PIE editor and i was triing to use chat on vps server with the mysql. But now it's good if i launch the chat on the dev computer.

Thx a lot. Good evening

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Are you using unmodified mmo kit version?

This is where the error happens in your code:

Do you have the same code in this method?

But this code is for client only. Why is your server not connecting to chat?
    In PIE the editor will always attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1. But in cooked build, the server will attempt to connect to the address from mmogetserver.php.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X