Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey spartan, I sent you a quick pm on skype. Loving the work you've put into this, for sure, very quick to get it mostly setup and already integrated for my current project. I am... however... experiencing a little technical difficulties as well. I've gotten most of the problems fixed, like the launcher upload issue, mysql login works on client, ect. But no matter how I execute the server/client (with -local or -port=xxx or anything/nothing) everytime the client hits the button to enter world it brings up a load screen for a few seconds then an error box "fatal error!" and client crashes.

    I noticed two things in the server logs, one was a reference to an invalid userid to the login request (but I'm pretty sure that's epics handshake) and the other is a warning about GetSimulationTimeStep() - Max iterations 8 hit while remaining time 1244.008423 . . . Pretty sure that ones nothing as well because it references "falling" which is what the character does on the start of the server map.

    So with that said, i think the crux of my problem is truly in port 7777. I host the server binary on a server rack sitting next to me and both PC's are in fact behind the firewall. The server is setup with a static internal IP and all of the other relevant ports have been forwarded as well (it does look like everything is working great with mysql, apache, ftp, launcher, ect..). I have let the binaries through the firewall, all of the needed ports and everything in between that I can think of and port checkers still show that 7777 is unavailable. Been on this particular problem for a full day and a half now and I think I'm out of options! >.< God knows as soon as I post this though, it'll start working though, watch... For real though, if you're able to help you can hit me back on skype. I know you're probably pretty tied up this holiday season though!

    Comment


      Originally posted by bmcgauley View Post
      Hey spartan, I sent you a quick pm on skype. Loving the work you've put into this, for sure, very quick to get it mostly setup and already integrated for my current project. I am... however... experiencing a little technical difficulties as well. I've gotten most of the problems fixed, like the launcher upload issue, mysql login works on client, ect. But no matter how I execute the server/client (with -local or -port=xxx or anything/nothing) everytime the client hits the button to enter world it brings up a load screen for a few seconds then an error box "fatal error!" and client crashes.

      I noticed two things in the server logs, one was a reference to an invalid userid to the login request (but I'm pretty sure that's epics handshake) and the other is a warning about GetSimulationTimeStep() - Max iterations 8 hit while remaining time 1244.008423 . . . Pretty sure that ones nothing as well because it references "falling" which is what the character does on the start of the server map.

      So with that said, i think the crux of my problem is truly in port 7777. I host the server binary on a server rack sitting next to me and both PC's are in fact behind the firewall. The server is setup with a static internal IP and all of the other relevant ports have been forwarded as well (it does look like everything is working great with mysql, apache, ftp, launcher, ect..). I have let the binaries through the firewall, all of the needed ports and everything in between that I can think of and port checkers still show that 7777 is unavailable. Been on this particular problem for a full day and a half now and I think I'm out of options! >.< God knows as soon as I post this though, it'll start working though, watch... For real though, if you're able to help you can hit me back on skype. I know you're probably pretty tied up this holiday season though!
      Hmm why dont you try putting the IP on DMZ? and maybe turning off firewall.. I dont think this would matter but you could also try open ip : port from the client and see what's up.. On the server (besides the -port=Port, -log) you could also add "MapName" (your map name, without the " ") to specifically load that map.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Namesis View Post
        Hmm why dont you try putting the IP on DMZ? and maybe turning off firewall.. I dont think this would matter but you could also try open ip : port from the client and see what's up.. On the server (besides the -port=Port, -log) you could also add "MapName" (your map name, without the " ") to specifically load that map.
        yep, tried all of these steps, DMZ on and off, router set to my DDNS on and off, UPNP on and off, firewall has exceptions and rules to allow ports and programs through (all of them including apache, server, ect) and turned on and off. I've opened the map name, the ip, the ip with port, tried running server locally on my main machine that I build from before I deploy to the server (-local tag) and no matter what I do it is always the same case. The initial map loads fine, lets me login to the mysql database fine (tables altered fine if i register, create or delete characters, ect) but as soon as I enter world the loading screen pops up, plays for a few seconds then "fatal error." I get the fatal error every which way I try to open my server map.

        It's also worth mentioning as well that when I run netstat -ab -p UDP port 7777 is taken by:
        0.0.0.0:svchost.exe

        I have no "svchost.exe" application in task manager to kill per say... however I have a few service host applications with sub applications all being run from this application. "Service Host: Network Service(5)" for example. Not sure if I should kill these and try again or if that's a major windows function for windows server 2012 R2. I guess a bit later when I get frustrated enough I might try it lol.

        EDIT:
        UPDATE:

        So after working with it a bunch more tonight I found a few silly mistakes I made, and also came to the conclusion the NAT router wasn't necessarily "helping" my situation so I decided to port it over to a VPS. I got everything setup as per usual, mysql, apache, forwarded ports, ect, but I'm still crashing on entering the world.

        I double checked and have rebuilt the client and server multiple times to make sure the maps were being cooked, and it is definitely logging that the map is there in the server log. This time I was able to `open "mapname" from within the client and it loaded the map!!! no UI or anything of course because it bypassed the login, but finally some headway.

        This leads me to think that somewhere in the chain something isn't going right when it tries to actually start loading the map on the client. (I still get the simulation timestep error in log as well as it pretty much looks exactly the same, no change.) At this point I'm not sure what else it could be.

        I am running 4.13 as well just btw, figured I'd make mention of that.
        Last edited by bmcgauley; 12-15-2016, 06:01 AM.

        Comment


          I'm using the kit in 4.14 just fine..

          Comment


            Originally posted by bmcgauley View Post
            yep, tried all of these steps, DMZ on and off, router set to my DDNS on and off, UPNP on and off, firewall has exceptions and rules to allow ports and programs through (all of them including apache, server, ect) and turned on and off. I've opened the map name, the ip, the ip with port, tried running server locally on my main machine that I build from before I deploy to the server (-local tag) and no matter what I do it is always the same case. The initial map loads fine, lets me login to the mysql database fine (tables altered fine if i register, create or delete characters, ect) but as soon as I enter world the loading screen pops up, plays for a few seconds then "fatal error." I get the fatal error every which way I try to open my server map.

            It's also worth mentioning as well that when I run netstat -ab -p UDP port 7777 is taken by:
            0.0.0.0:svchost.exe

            I have no "svchost.exe" application in task manager to kill per say... however I have a few service host applications with sub applications all being run from this application. "Service Host: Network Service(5)" for example. Not sure if I should kill these and try again or if that's a major windows function for windows server 2012 R2. I guess a bit later when I get frustrated enough I might try it lol.

            EDIT:
            UPDATE:

            So after working with it a bunch more tonight I found a few silly mistakes I made, and also came to the conclusion the NAT router wasn't necessarily "helping" my situation so I decided to port it over to a VPS. I got everything setup as per usual, mysql, apache, forwarded ports, ect, but I'm still crashing on entering the world.

            I double checked and have rebuilt the client and server multiple times to make sure the maps were being cooked, and it is definitely logging that the map is there in the server log. This time I was able to `open "mapname" from within the client and it loaded the map!!! no UI or anything of course because it bypassed the login, but finally some headway.

            This leads me to think that somewhere in the chain something isn't going right when it tries to actually start loading the map on the client. (I still get the simulation timestep error in log as well as it pretty much looks exactly the same, no change.) At this point I'm not sure what else it could be.

            I am running 4.13 as well just btw, figured I'd make mention of that.
            take a screenshot of your mmogetserver.php and of mmoinstance inside the kit
            also what is your php server version?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Sqitshi View Post
              take a screenshot of your mmogetserver.php and of mmoinstance inside the kit
              also what is your php server version?

              Current PHP version: 5.6.28
              running xampp for apache and mysql

              if you're referring to if they are identical then yes and no. I'm running a no-ip dns.

              "Hostname" in mmoinstance is set to http://dnsurl/
              mmogetserver.php is referencing the external ip of the vps server. Do both of these need to reference the external ip? Didn't really think that mattered as the connection is being registered on the server (showing that its doing something) so I assumed no ports were holding it back and the dns did its job and routed the request.

              Also, i do have the .dll for the php zip, that doesn't really matter right now though I think because I'm not even on the launcher stage...
              Last edited by bmcgauley; 12-15-2016, 04:30 PM.

              Comment


                Ok, last update from me, I was able to figure it out. I'm not entirely too sure what exactly fixed it but I have a feeling some of the logic was the issue from the old project I was porting into this one. I'm sure it was a combination of that and a few silly mistakes in my haze of goin on 3 days of workin on this almost straight with little sleep >.<

                Comment


                  Originally posted by bmcgauley View Post
                  Ok, last update from me, I was able to figure it out. I'm not entirely too sure what exactly fixed it but I have a feeling some of the logic was the issue from the old project I was porting into this one. I'm sure it was a combination of that and a few silly mistakes in my haze of goin on 3 days of workin on this almost straight with little sleep >.<
                  your xampp server is half secure i can download the client as it should be also i see the php files on your server but i cant open them

                  EDIT: secure your php files with .htaccess
                  Last edited by Sqitshi; 12-15-2016, 01:03 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Sqitshi View Post
                    your xampp server is half secure i can download the client as it should be also i see the php files on your server but i cant open them

                    EDIT: secure your php files with .htaccess
                    yeah I've just been gettin things back to basic trying to pinpoint the root of this crash... it's back, then it works fine, then it's back, then it works fine... le sigh...

                    Comment


                      Me and the guy I'm working with on this kit have both fallen prey to this client mismatch error. He'd had it before (he was accidentally running the project off a different version of Unreal source) however it had only been in his game. Now we both have the error.

                      What's even more odd is that this change has happened from one day to another with literally no changes made.

                      Comment


                        Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay in this update. As you may have heard, I was having legal issues with the game I coded, so I wasn't in the capacity to answer a lot of people on Skype, in PMs, or in this thread lately. I'm still swarmed, but the legal issues are now resolved, so I should be able to answer you more consistently. I'll be making an Answerhub-like site for MMO Kit in a couple of days, and if the questions you asked remain unanswered, please come and post them on the new site and I'll do my best to reply.

                        The build for UE 4.14 is out on Sellfy and on the demo server. Aside from the 4.14 port, it contains a fix for saving completed quests and a fix for chat not losing keyboard focus correctly. Also, the "sequence contains no matching element" bug has been fixed for the launcher.

                        For people who want to upgrade your existing projects from 4.13 to 4.14, here are the instructions:
                        Code:
                        1. Open file Source/CleanThirdPersonServer.Target.cs and delete the following lines:
                            public override List<UnrealTargetPlatform> GUBP_GetPlatforms_MonolithicOnly(UnrealTargetPlatform HostPlatform)
                            {
                                if (HostPlatform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Mac)
                                {
                                    return new List<UnrealTargetPlatform>();
                                }
                                return new List<UnrealTargetPlatform> { HostPlatform, UnrealTargetPlatform.Win32, UnrealTargetPlatform.Linux };
                            }
                         
                            public override List<UnrealTargetConfiguration> GUBP_GetConfigs_MonolithicOnly(UnrealTargetPlatform HostPlatform, UnrealTargetPlatform Platform)
                            {
                                return new List<UnrealTargetConfiguration> { UnrealTargetConfiguration.Development };
                            }
                        	
                        2. Modify https://i.gyazo.com/a7b1f0c533d97468e2101ad4b0f67f69.png
                        
                        3. In mmogetcharacter.php, change line 76 to: 
                        		$quests[] = array('quest'=>$row_quest, 'completed'=> $row_completed ? 1 : 0, 'task1'=> $row_task1, 'task2'=> $row_task2, 'task3'=> $row_task3, 'task4'=> $row_task4);
                        
                        4. Replace one old node with these two highlighted nodes: https://i.gyazo.com/ce84376e5a0be7da35583217c975b62b.png
                        
                        5. Highlighted nodes:
                        https://i.gyazo.com/c57faba00e23da18021bc3ef947ae297.png
                        Last edited by CodeSpartan; 12-16-2016, 08:12 PM.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin
                        Character Customization: Female

                        Comment


                          Nice job Spartan. Also know that everybody here (especially those of us who have been indie developers in the past) support you. It always sucks to get mucked up in legal issues. Hope you got your fair share.

                          Comment


                            Very nice, great work !


                            MarketPlace Assets:|Time SHIFT| |Quick Gravity Tools|

                            {Time SHIFT Free Demo} |Quick Gravity Tools Free Demo| {Time SHIFT Forum Thread}

                            |Facebook| |Youtube| |E-mail|

                            Comment


                              So, I figured I'd post just a little update with my problem just in case anyone else runs into it down the road. Lots of testing and log reading and more testing has showed that my problem was never in the network (even though there were some weird hiccups here and there... user error lol...) but with my truesky plugin. Still working through getting it all to play nice together though but I'm certain it is the case.

                              I repackaged a fresh build of this kit with the plugins installed but not used (I'm running several) and added them back in one at a time (which is why it's been taking a bit to work through) to see if and which plugin was the issue. Of course the last plugin I test was the issue (truesky) but maybe this will help someone searching on google for a similar problem.

                              Thanks again spartan for the amazing pack you've put together, best software I've ever purchased, and I'm learning so much with it! Hope all goes well with your legal stuff.

                              Edit: Finally finished upgrading UE4 to 4.14 from the 4.13 build I was having this issue with (for those with similar problems) and upgraded truesky to 4.14 as well. The problem has been 100% resolved with the upgrade, so if you're on 4.13 and having dedicated server conflicts with truesky, make the switch and it'll run fine. It does seem to be a simulation time conflict going on with that version.
                              Last edited by bmcgauley; 12-19-2016, 01:58 PM.

                              Comment


                                Thanks Codespartan!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X