No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey anybody know where the mouse rotation is stored. I want to get the player rotation to follow the mouse cursor but I'm having trouble, thanks!

Comment

Ok got my previous question answered, however I'm now wondering how the server handles character generation. This is because when I log in, MyCharacter no longer works like it does when I start the map without logging in.

Comment

Hey Calhoun, this may not help but 2 questions:

1) Did you set up your sql database and php files, and point to the hosted location of the php files in the project?

2) Are you playing in the editor? To play in the editor you should just just need to check run dedicated server under the play button dropdown.

3) Did you follow the instructions for creating a test character to play in the editor? Once created from the start map, instead of logging in you should stop playing, log into your hosted database and set your id to 0 for the created char, then play the desert map.

Hope this helps, all this and more is covered in the documentation linked of the first page of this thread.

Comment

Hello guys, i have one issue that is a little strange, database connection works nice but when i click on 'create' after writed a name for my character, i choose class, nothing happens. Thanks. Also by any hope, an idea of how i could assign stats/heal/mana etc for specific class with also 'level list' with xp to get to lvlup ?
          I tried add each stats in database, like stamina, strength etc. Or maybe works with an Enum, i don't know better is. Thanks again

EDIT : i'm ok i think with the issue start game, thinking for the class stats
          Last edited by KamiKZZ; 11-20-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Hey Piepants thanks for helping out. I think I've figured out my previous questions. My current problems are that I'm wondering where the enter world functions are (which blueprint) as for some reason since yesterday the map will no longer load when I click the enter button. Otherwise I've made a system where you can switch between first person/third person but I'm having a hard time referencing the player as he has no index (as far as I'm aware).

Comment

I seem to be having issues making new monsters.

I've got 3 monsters created, all inheriting RoamingCharacter. For each of these, I initially duplicated Bandit.
              For each one, I've set the mesh, the materials, and the animation blueprint. In each case, the animation blueprint is a duplicate of the main player one, with the new animations and idle animations plugged in.

They are Cow, Golem, and Skeleton.

Cow works fine. It walks around happily. Golem and Skeleton stand absolutely still, playing their stationary idle animation, and rotate to face the player. I've tried adding the golem mesh and animations to the cows, and it functions, so it's not the mesh or the animation, as far as I can tell. The new monsters are, as I say, literally copies of bandit.

What am I missing?

*edit, 11/23* So, I worked this one out by chance. I've not got my own map in yet, I'm doing to combat code etc with the desert map placeholder... The NPCs won't move or animate in certain areas on that map.
              Last edited by Dahak; 11-23-2016, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Hmm I'm having trouble connecting with Enter World. It worked fine the other day, and nothing has changed. There's no errors, nothing happens. Any ideas? (for the record my backup, a pristine version won't work either even though teh first step (the login) works fine).

Comment

I actually found an error after letting the editor roll for a few minutes after spamming the enter button. It says that the blueprint My Character is having trouble accessing the FullUIWidget in the close container function. What's odd is I haven't messed with that widget in forever, and yet it oddly stops working now.

Comment

Calhoun, are you using port forwarding in your router settings for you ip address to connect to the server? If so, is it possibly that your ipv4 address has changed after restarting your pc (like from 102 to 101)? I've had that happen to me, unless you're just talking about playing from the editor in which case I'm not sure that matters.

Dahak, do you have a nav mesh bounds volume for all of your monsters? I would expect the behavior you're describing if the monsters standing still are not within the navmeshbounds volume. Otherwise I'd double check their blueprints and make sure they are using the same roaming blackboard behavior tree as your cow. I know I've had instances of blueprint parameters being reset to defaults of their parent blueprint.

Comment

I'm playing from the editor. It's weird because the exact same setup worked like 2 days ago just fine.

Comment

Hello there, i'm reinstalling database / rebuilding game like 10 times, so i lost all each each time.. i played nice some days ago on editor like Calhoun, and if its not the create character that not works its enter in world :/ any fix ? thanks

Comment

Yeah for me it's purely the enter world button that seems not to be working.

Comment

Yes i can't work on my game because i reinstall each time it's worked before but now, seems broken. Will try with the source 4.14 that i build, but i think will be same things kinda. An idea of when the new version will coming ?

Comment

Calhoun or others, an idea of how i can set up caracteristics like strength etc and assign some for each classes ( like warrior etc. ) and change values if have items with +stats. i thought about Enum and works in mmocharacter ? but maybe other way, thanks !

Comment

Hey KamiK there's a whole section in the documentation about creating your own persistent variables.

As for me, I'm still having trouble with a non functioning enter world button.
                                Last edited by Calhoun; 11-22-2016, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X