MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=611606]skawa1992[/MENTION]
    At GitHub you can checkout the source code and then build it your self using Visual Studio

Comment

I've purchased the MMO Starter Kit, but was wondering if there is a barebones version that only has the login and session handling, not even the persistent world, multiplayer, character, items, etc.

I know that I can just gut the full Starter Kit, but it would be really messy and tedious. Basically, I just want the VA_rest with the login menu, PHP files, and basic login Blueprints.

Thank you!

Comment

I've noticed on the latest build on Sellfy that quests are not properly saved/updated on completion, which posts a "cannot find field name completed as bool" log by VArest in the server log. An easy way to fix this is to change the MMOPlayerState->On Response Get Character->Quest Progress blueprint comment group to this change:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	1118206

Comment

Originally posted by Oranjoose View Post
          I've purchased the MMO Starter Kit, but was wondering if there is a barebones version that only has the login and session handling, not even the persistent world, multiplayer, character, items, etc.

I know that I can just gut the full Starter Kit, but it would be really messy and tedious. Basically, I just want the VA_rest with the login menu, PHP files, and basic login Blueprints.

Thank you!
          There are plenty of login tutorials across the web, VARest is a free plugin and you wouldn't even need to make a compiled dedicated server to use it, you honestly don't even need to know JSON if all you want to do is check JSON. It's basically just setting up the text fields to update a username and password variable, then sending that via a GET or POST request to a php login page that echoes a 1 for login good or 0 for login bad. The actual login blueprint is only like, 6 blocks not including variable references.

Comment

Hi CodeSpartan,
            I was wondering if you'll be providing detailed upgrade instructions in the future in the same way as you did for the 4.12>4.13 release (editing the build.cs etc.)?
            I realise for the C++ side of things changes can be checked with winmerge, so I'm mainly thinking of BP edits that you make.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by behrtron View Post
              "Sequence contains no matching element"

Hello,
              I keep getting this message with my uploader and its not uploading, does anyone know what it means?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]115457[/ATTACH]
              bump please help its been weeks

Comment

Anyone have any luck porting to 4.14, or should I be patient? (I know I should be patient, haha)

Comment

Originally posted by behrtron View Post
                  bump please help its been weeks
                  Sorry for having kept you waiting. I think this error pops up if you happen to upload an empty file. But if you're uploading your game directory for the first time, it shouldn't be occurring. Try deleting everything on ftp and upload the game for the first time again. If it persists, send me your launcher in PM along with the config file and ftp credentials, so I can test it myself.

For all other questions, I'll try to go through the thread on this/next weekend. I'll also try to tackle the 4.14 then too.

Originally posted by Daniel Skipper Games View Post
                  I was wondering if you'll be providing detailed upgrade instructions in the future in the same way as you did for the 4.12>4.13 release (editing the build.cs etc.)?
                  I'll try to do that, sure.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin
                  Character Customization: Female
                  Character Customization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                    Sorry for having kept you waiting. I think this error pops up if you happen to upload an empty file. But if you're uploading your game directory for the first time, it shouldn't be occurring. Try deleting everything on ftp and upload the game for the first time again. If it persists, send me your launcher in PM along with the config file and ftp credentials, so I can test it myself.

For all other questions, I'll try to go through the thread on this/next weekend. I'll also try to tackle the 4.14 then too.

I'll try to do that, sure.
                    Huzzah! Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
                      Anyone have any luck porting to 4.14, or should I be patient? (I know I should be patient, haha)
                      i have a way to port but i'm not sure if it breaks the server up...

if you edit the CleanThirdPersonServer.Target.cs in the source folder to this

// Copyright 1998-2014 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

using UnrealBuildTool;
                      using System.Collections.Generic;

public class CleanThirdPersonServerTarget : TargetRules
                      {
                      public CleanThirdPersonServerTarget(TargetInfo Target)
                      {
                      Type = TargetType.Server;
                      }

//
                      // TargetRules interface.
                      //
                      public override void SetupBinaries(
                      TargetInfo Target,
                      ref List<UEBuildBinaryConfiguration> OutBuildBinaryConfigurations,
                      ref List<string> OutExtraModuleNames
                      )
                      {
                      base.SetupBinaries(Target, ref OutBuildBinaryConfigurations, ref OutExtraModuleNames);
                      OutExtraModuleNames.Add("CleanThirdPerson");
                      }

public override void SetupGlobalEnvironment(
                      TargetInfo Target,
                      ref LinkEnvironmentConfiguration OutLinkEnvironmentConfiguration,
                      ref CPPEnvironmentConfiguration OutCPPEnvironmentConfiguration
                      )
                      {
                      if (UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.IsEngineInstalled())
                      {
                      UEBuildConfiguration.bCompileLeanAndMeanUE = true;

// Don't need editor or editor only data
                      UEBuildConfiguration.bBuildEditor = false;
                      UEBuildConfiguration.bBuildWithEditorOnlyData = false;

UEBuildConfiguration.bCompileAgainstEngine = true;

// no exports, so no need to verify that a .lib and .exp file was emitted by the linker.
                      OutLinkEnvironmentConfiguration.bHasExports = false;
                      }
                      else
                      {
                      // Tag it as a UE4Game build
                      OutCPPEnvironmentConfiguration.Definitions.Add("UE4GAME=1");
                      }
                      }

public override bool GetSupportedPlatforms(ref List<UnrealTargetPlatform> OutPlatforms)
                      {
                      // It is valid for only server platforms
                      return UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.GetAllServerPlatforms(ref OutPlatforms, false);
                      }

// public override List<UnrealTargetPlatform> GUBP_GetPlatforms_MonolithicOnly(UnrealTargetPlatform HostPlatform)
                      // {
                      // if (HostPlatform == UnrealTargetPlatform.Mac)
                      // {
                      // return new List<UnrealTargetPlatform>();
                      // }
                      // return new List<UnrealTargetPlatform> { HostPlatform, UnrealTargetPlatform.Win32, UnrealTargetPlatform.Linux };
                      // }

// public override List<UnrealTargetConfiguration> GUBP_GetConfigs_MonolithicOnly(UnrealTargetPlatform HostPlatform, UnrealTargetPlatform Platform)
                      // {
                      // return new List<UnrealTargetConfiguration> { UnrealTargetConfiguration.Development };
                      // }
                      }

your able to port it but maybe then the server wont work.

Comment

Hmm I'll try that with a test project tonight and see how server behaves, thanks Sqitshi!

Comment

Hey everybody,

I've gotten permission from Zenimax (they were very nice) to build a fallout fan game as long as I didn't sell anything. SO I figured I would just make a little roleplaying server for me and my friends. I'm at a Game Design school so two weeks later I have a few friends working with me on this. However I wanted to come here for advice before I began severely messing with the player character.

Here's what I need: I'm trying to safely replace the current damage/combat system with my own, as well as the current animbp. I know this is a complicated process but I figured I would come to you all for at least some direction before getting myself into any chaos.

If it helps I'm aiming for a more "fps" like structure. Also if any of you are interested in talking about anything and everything, including projects current and past. I'd love to!

Comment

Hey Sqitshi, was able to open project in source-built 4.14 with your edit, however ut broke a couple items in the mmoplayerchar and mmocontroller blueprints, so probably going to wait to see what codespartans thinks for porting it.

Comment

Hello [MENTION=25447]CodeSpartan[/MENTION] i buyed the KId and have try to Email/Skype you but no replay @all.

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
                                Hey Sqitshi, was able to open project in source-built 4.14 with your edit, however ut broke a couple items in the mmoplayerchar and mmocontroller blueprints, so probably going to wait to see what codespartans thinks for porting it.
                                yes 2 things 1 in mmoplayercontroller and 1 other. i managed to fix that problems but i haven't tested till now if the server is broken.

Comment

Working...
                                X