Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm having install issues. I'm using Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2015 installed.

    I have downloaded UE4 version 4.13 from release branch of github and installed it at C:/UnrealEngine-4.13 and built it the source version.

    I have MMOStarterKit-1.7 at C:/MyGame/MMOStarterKit-1.7

    I have tried right clicking on the CleanThirdPerson project file and "Generating Visual Studio project files" but I keep getting this error:

    Building UnrealBuildTool in C:/UnrealEngine-4.13...
    Couldn't find C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/Common7/Tools/../../VC/bin/x86_amd64/vcvarsx86_amd64.bat; skipping.

    Am I doing something wrong? I have searched for the solution to this error and not finding anything that makes this work.

    Comment


      Originally posted by sazigirl View Post
      I'm having install issues. I'm using Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2015 installed.

      I have downloaded UE4 version 4.13 from release branch of github and installed it at C:/UnrealEngine-4.13 and built it the source version.

      I have MMOStarterKit-1.7 at C:/MyGame/MMOStarterKit-1.7

      I have tried right clicking on the CleanThirdPerson project file and "Generating Visual Studio project files" but I keep getting this error:

      Building UnrealBuildTool in C:/UnrealEngine-4.13...
      Couldn't find C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/Common7/Tools/../../VC/bin/x86_amd64/vcvarsx86_amd64.bat; skipping.

      Am I doing something wrong? I have searched for the solution to this error and not finding anything that makes this work.
      I'd try looking for the vcvarsx86_amd64.bat file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\ . If it's indeed there, try opening "%VS140COMNTOOLS%../../VC/bin/x86_amd64" in windows explorer. It should take you to the folder with that vcvarsx86_amd64.bat file. If it doesn't, make sure that Windows has an environment variable called "VS140COMNTOOLS" and that it's set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\

      Originally posted by Terpsychore View Post
      Hey guys,

      This is more of a general unreal question, I think, but since it's related to the MMOKit, gonna ask here! I've never used decals before, and the MMOKit uses them to put a highlighted ring around targets, which changes color based on the hostility of the target. I replaced the character mesh in the kit, and now the decal is being shown on the character mesh whenever it overlaps that circle, which as I'm sure you can imagine looks really weird. I'm trying to figure out how to prevent the system from drawing it on my character, but I'm coming up very short. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't find it. Anyone know how to fix this?
      Open the blueprint, select the mesh component and disable "Receives Decals" under "Rendering" category, this should do it.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Custmization: Male

      Comment


        Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
        I'd try looking for the vcvarsx86_amd64.bat file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\bin\ . If it's indeed there, try opening "%VS140COMNTOOLS%../../VC/bin/x86_amd64" in windows explorer. It should take you to the folder with that vcvarsx86_amd64.bat file. If it doesn't, make sure that Windows has an environment variable called "VS140COMNTOOLS" and that it's set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\Tools\
        It seems to be missing. Is there a specific version of Visual Studio I need to install on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS to make this work?

        I've never used Visual Studio I'm a PHP developer so I've not run into issues like this before.

        Comment


          I installed Visual Studio Community 2015 and all seems to work. After the install I had to go back and add a couple chk marks in the repair / add section.. but.. clear sailing other than that.

          Goodluck.

          T.
          Clifford Brock

          Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
          Game: Claws&Paws

          Comment


            Originally posted by sazigirl View Post
            It seems to be missing. Is there a specific version of Visual Studio I need to install on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS to make this work?

            I've never used Visual Studio I'm a PHP developer so I've not run into issues like this before.
            Never ran into this issue either. I'd recommend you reinstall Visual Studio, the problem seems to be there.
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin
            Character Customization: Female
            Character Custmization: Male

            Comment


              Hello everyone!

              I'm having an issue and I've tried to look it up on my own but I can't get a solid answer going through Google.

              1. I've changed my mmocharacter attackfx and it works for 1 enemy. I tried to duplicate the attackfx within the same blueprint and it doesn't work. I also tried to duplicate the mmocharacter BP and try again with no luck. Is their an easy way to have multiple attackfx for multiple enemies, and is it really that simple of an answer I'm just a silly soul lol.

              2. I have my enemy characters set up and they work well enough aside from that attack animations. But, when my newly created character dies. If I stand still, I can still *sometimes take damage from the AI after it has been killed. As well, the pawn/dead mesh move around the map after death. Either flying into the sky or just rolling around the map.

              3rd. My characters I've added are extremely jittery, movement is really odd and they are constantly hopping around like bunnies on crack.

              I apologize if these questions can be answered easily, I may not have specified my questions well enough when searching.

              Comment


                Originally posted by sazigirl View Post
                I'm having install issues. I'm using Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2015 installed.

                I have downloaded UE4 version 4.13 from release branch of github and installed it at C:/UnrealEngine-4.13 and built it the source version.

                I have MMOStarterKit-1.7 at C:/MyGame/MMOStarterKit-1.7

                I have tried right clicking on the CleanThirdPerson project file and "Generating Visual Studio project files" but I keep getting this error:

                Building UnrealBuildTool in C:/UnrealEngine-4.13...
                Couldn't find C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0/Common7/Tools/../../VC/bin/x86_amd64/vcvarsx86_amd64.bat; skipping.

                Am I doing something wrong? I have searched for the solution to this error and not finding anything that makes this work.
                I installed, then had to do uninstall -> repair then select all the 40gb of content to be installed for VS 15 to work.

                Edit: didn't read the post properly.
                Last edited by UnforgivenMMO; 10-24-2016, 08:32 AM.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by UnforgivenMMO View Post
                  Hello everyone!

                  I'm having an issue and I've tried to look it up on my own but I can't get a solid answer going through Google.

                  1. I've changed my mmocharacter attackfx and it works for 1 enemy. I tried to duplicate the attackfx within the same blueprint and it doesn't work. I also tried to duplicate the mmocharacter BP and try again with no luck. Is their an easy way to have multiple attackfx for multiple enemies, and is it really that simple of an answer I'm just a silly soul lol.
                  i ran into this problem as well, make sure the new animations you are using are set to Root Motion

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	RootMotion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1117434

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by behrtron View Post
                    i ran into this problem as well, make sure the new animations you are using are set to Root Motion

                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]115041[/ATTACH]
                    Enabling root motion just made them sink into the ground when they entered combat mode and in combat idle lol.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by UnforgivenMMO View Post
                      Enabling root motion just made them sink into the ground when they entered combat mode and in combat idle lol.
                      with root motion enabled try changing the "Root Motion Lock" to "Anim First Frame" or "Zero"

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by behrtron View Post
                        with root motion enabled try changing the "Root Motion Lock" to "Anim First Frame" or "Zero"
                        Sadly, neither have worked. I'll keep fiddling with the BP'S. I appreciate the help that's been given.

                        Edit: I got it working. I copy/pasted attackfx in ai character event graph.

                        However I still have the issue of the character drifting around the map after death animation and the prior ones from previous post.
                        Last edited by UnforgivenMMO; 10-25-2016, 05:59 PM.

                        Comment


                          "Sequence contains no matching element"

                          Hello,
                          I keep getting this message with my uploader and its not uploading, does anyone know what it means?

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-10-27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	294.0 KB
ID:	1117618
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                            So I just downloaded you client and was Massively Impressed!! Great Job!!

                            I have a few questions about the kit:

                            When I use the mouse scroll wheel it zooms to her panties. Though this made me smile, I was wondering if there are plans to make it pop into a first person camera view when fully zoomed in?

                            I am assuming that Multiple player meshes can be used for the player. Is this set up already in the kit?

                            At some point I ran past the bandits and found a huge bridge. There is a section that doesn't have colliders and I fell under the bridge mesh. Is there a Hotkey to Teleport in case the player gets stuck?

                            Also is there a Teleporter system to teleport to the nearest one if the player dies? (Handy on large terrains)

                            Since I have dealt with coding Purchasing Items in games on Unity and know what a pain it can be, Are there any plans to incorporate Playfab or Gamesparks for this? Allowing them to handle the cash stuff while the game is run on my own server.

                            And Lastly, can I set a Player Max Limit that blocks new Log-Ins to prevent server overload?
                            Last edited by EddieChristian; 10-28-2016, 11:49 PM.

                            Comment


                              I am having an issue with guild and party commands, all the other chat functions i can chat and whisper other players. My problem is /gcreate <name> is having no response in the chat field. also party invite ques the party invite text to the other player but no party is created after and party chat will not work. has anyone had an issue like this?

                              Comment


                                I am having an issue with guild and party commands, all the other chat functions i can chat and whisper other players. My problem is /gcreate <name> is having no response in the chat field. also party invite ques the party invite text to the other player but no party is created after and party chat will not work. has anyone had an issue like this?
                                have you replaced the db files with the new db files?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X