No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were some changes made to the project. Most of which occur in the main menu. We didn't really mess with the MyCharacter blueprint tho. I've just started looking into the issue and I'm going to compare what we've changed with what was in the original to see if I can figure out the cause. I'll let you know if I'm still having issues after having explored the matter a bit. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that was changed that would have any effect on movement or player input. Clicking buttons works but pressing the P, C, I keys or trying to move does not work.

Edit: I fixed this issue.
    Last edited by Nightasy; 09-30-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

show clan on panel,how to set,look so
      Click image for larger version

Name:	78.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1116022

Comment

Someone could help, please? Now say, my english is not to good. I try make dedicated server visual studio 2015(version 14.0.2543.01 Update 3) + Unreal Engine 4.13.1 + MMOStarter kit 1.7. Followed step by-step instruction, but not work creat dedicated server. This is error message output:
        1>------ Build started: Project: CleanThirdPerson, Configuration: Development_Server x64 ------
        1> Performing 19 actions (4 in parallel)
        1> Module.VaRestPlugin.cpp
        1> LoadingScreen.generated.cpp
        1> Module.LoadingScreen.cpp
        1> PCH.CleanThirdPerson.h.cpp
        1>c:\epic games\4.13\engine\source\runtime\inputcore\public\../Classes/InputCoreTypes.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'InputCoreTypes.generated.h': No such file or directory
        1>c:\epic games\4.13\engine\source\runtime\inputcore\public\../Classes/InputCoreTypes.h(5): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'InputCoreTypes.generated.h': No such file or directory
        1> VaRestPlugin.generated.cpp
        1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Games\MMOEngine\Plugins\LoadingScreen\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-LoadingScreen.lib
        1> Total build time: 7,64 seconds
        1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Epic Games\4.13\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" CleanThirdPersonServer Win64 Development "C:\Games\MMOEngine\CleanThirdPerson.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
        ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

Yes, it will work. It depends on the number of players you want on that map - for 100-150 players (like ARK servers) you don't even need portals/doors - just 1 server instance will be enough, and clients can use World Composition streaming.
          Can you please add simple "HowTo" about multiple servers, how to set it up etc? I'm talking of something like a lobby where ppl choose ingame which server to go etc. Would be great. Or maybe its even possible that you il include some example in this project

Thank you.
          Last edited by Medvega; 10-05-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Hey, guys. How do you think, is it real to use this pack with another game? If I want to make shooter online, can I set up it through this package? To replace mmo rpg with shooter. Because, I did not meet any other online tutorials or packs.
            Last edited by AlecKrofton; 10-06-2016, 01:18 AM.

Comment

ARPG WIP using the MMO Starter Kit

Name:	Unreal Engine Demo 07.OCT.2016 - 20.11.27.01.png
Views:	1
Size:	577.0 KB
ID:	1116364

VIDEO :

https://youtu.be/0iRQGc0s4FU
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptaline View Post
                Can you please add simple "HowTo" about multiple servers, how to set it up etc? I'm talking of something like a lobby where ppl choose ingame which server to go etc. Would be great. Or maybe its even possible that you il include some example in this project
                I plan to do add multiple zones (separate server processes on a single physical server) to the demo, along with a guide. For now, FAQ chapter of the documentation has some info on that. As for the realms that the player could choose from, I would like to add this feature too, but it will probably be after the zones.

Originally posted by Kusi View Post
                Someone could help, please? Now say, my english is not to good. I try make dedicated server visual studio 2015(version 14.0.2543.01 Update 3) + Unreal Engine 4.13.1 + MMOStarter kit 1.7. Followed step by-step instruction, but not work creat dedicated server. This is error message output:
                1>------ Build started: Project: CleanThirdPerson, Configuration: Development_Server x64 ------
                1> Performing 19 actions (4 in parallel)
                1> Module.VaRestPlugin.cpp
                1> LoadingScreen.generated.cpp
                1> Module.LoadingScreen.cpp
                1> PCH.CleanThirdPerson.h.cpp
                1> VaRestPlugin.generated.cpp
                1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Games\MMOEngine\Plugins\LoadingScreen\Binaries\Win64\UE4Server-LoadingScreen.lib
                1> Total build time: 7,64 seconds
                1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3075: The command ""C:\Epic Games\4.13\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" CleanThirdPersonServer Win64 Development "C:\Games\MMOEngine\CleanThirdPerson.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
                It looks like you're using the engine from the launcher, not a source-built one. MMO Kit needs a source-built UE4 engine. Follow the 3 steps here to get it: https://www.unrealengine.com/ue4-on-github

Originally posted by AlecKrofton View Post
                Hey, guys. How do you think, is it real to use this pack with another game? If I want to make shooter online, can I set up it through this package? To replace mmo rpg with shooter. Because, I did not meet any other online tutorials or packs.
                MMO Kit is best suited for games that need login/registration and persistent storage of player data. It doesn't matter if it's an RPG or a shooter. If your game doesn't need those 2 features, it might be best for you to just study blueprint networking, the official tutorials, etc.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin
                Character Customization: Female
                Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Hello all.

Been a while since I was able to get back to this kit. OH my how it has grown :-)

I need a little advice.

When I import a toon... it does not seem to import correctly. (See pic)

Any advice would be appreciated. why does it not import standing up ?

Name:	2a582635-c2e2-49b2-8dd3-a9d37f3a14f5_zpshjwcaq3l.png
Views:	1
Size:	770.7 KB
ID:	1116381
                  Attached Files
                  Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                  Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                    As for the realms that the player could choose from, I would like to add this feature too, but it will probably be after the zones.
                    Yes, I was asking for this one. First one is quite easy to set up with the guide we already have from you

Comment

character Visual field distance,how to set?

Comment

you have to launch the source version of the editor from %extracted location%\Engine\Binaries\Win64\ue4editor.exe make sure to register the directory as an unreal engine installation by opening UnrealVersionSelector-Win64-Shipping.exe in the same directory.

what's happening is that even though you may have the source built engine, it is opening your project in the other version.

Comment

Thank you for help CodeSpartan. I have litle problem the launcher uploader. (Error: 550) The remote server sent back the following error: (550) Unable to use the file (for example, the file is not found, it is not accessible)
                          Hash.xml not found, but why not creat and write "Hash.xml was not present on the server. It means you're uploading a game version for the first time..."? If I creat an "empty" hash.xml(<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><Files />), uploder will start, because it find the hash.xml, but only create a new version update not original game folder.

Comment

Hey guys,

This is more of a general unreal question, I think, but since it's related to the MMOKit, gonna ask here! I've never used decals before, and the MMOKit uses them to put a highlighted ring around targets, which changes color based on the hostility of the target. I replaced the character mesh in the kit, and now the decal is being shown on the character mesh whenever it overlaps that circle, which as I'm sure you can imagine looks really weird. I'm trying to figure out how to prevent the system from drawing it on my character, but I'm coming up very short. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't find it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Raizone View Post
                              ARPG WIP using the MMO Starter Kit

VIDEO :

https://youtu.be/0iRQGc0s4FU
                              Wow!!! You are da man!!!! Ive recently bought Advanced Social System, still figuring how to megre it with MMOkit... seems you are way ahead of me... gotto... catch... up I'll let myself to get a little ballsy and ask you if you are planning to release tutorial on integrating those 2 amazing assets into MMOKit? Or maybe if i could bug you couple times with silly noob question on that topic? Very good job man!!
                              Last edited by sadX_Xface; 10-26-2016, 05:32 PM. Reason: man those were very basic questions... silly me

Comment

Hi ,I could not go to the test server.

Will the extraction of resources, Kraft ,pvp?
                                Last edited by korv34; 10-20-2016, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X