MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
    Best advice I can give is to change the server provider to one that allows execution longer than 120 secs. Mine does it in less than 120 secs by the way. I'd liek to optimize it down the road, but it's not very simple, so I didn't have the time to tackle it yet.

If you have that many changes, I recommend not getting the new version of the kit, but to simply convert your project to 4.13. (following these steps)
    Yeah.. when we talked about it a few months back... you said your ran in under 120.... I was on the phone for a couple days.. escalated to higher support and finally come up being told.. pound sand, it was sad really. With out opening a my server is better than your server.. may I ask those in this thread what they use for a server provider. And what it costs a month.. in $ or Euro's.

Can I convert my 4.11 to 4.13? That would be SOOO awesome. Are there any PHP directory changes that I would need to redo my PHP again. As you might remember... I hosed myself up a couple versions ago as I was not doing that.

And last but not least, even though he is swamped Gerrod dropped me a note. THANK YOU for taking the time to point me towards something Gerrod. (This community is top notch.)
    Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
    Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by Forn View Post
      And when lick play nothing happend.
      In game? Make sure you followed the guide thoroughly.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
        Can I convert my 4.11 to 4.13? That would be SOOO awesome. Are there any PHP directory changes that I would need to redo my PHP again.
        To be clear. You can convert your project to engine version 4.13, but you'd still not be getting the MMO Kit changes that came with 4.12 and 4.13. I don't remember if converting 4.11 to 4.12 required anything specific, so I recommend you try using the steps outlined in the 4.12 to 4.13 conversion guide and apply them on your project. So you're converting directly from 4.11 to 4.13 to be clear.
        However, you wouldn't be getting any new content from the MMO Kit that came with versions 4.12 and 4.13, so it's irrelevant whether anything was added to PHP or not.

Or you can get the new MMO Kit version from Sellfy and reapply your changes again.

I usually recommend staying with your version of the kit once you start making changes. You should only update the engine version.
        MMO Starter Kit
        Dialogue Plugin
        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Oh DUH!

well... I feel foolish...I want to keep pulling in what you add.... I am REALLY looking forward to streaming server changes when toons walk around the map. I believe that focusing any energy on outdated features like loading screens is a waste of effort. But, I am not captaining this ship. I am grateful that you continue to release cool shyte for the kit. I was a little annoyed when the new patcher came out, I mean after all we had a pacther. UNTIL I saw how easy it made applying patches.

I played my first non-BBS game online in about 1992, Neverwinter on AOL. then moved to Everquest just before Moon of Lucalin came out. I hated loading screens with a passion... still do. When you get changing servers with out the loading screens I'll probably stop updating. Maybe ... LOL....maybe.
          Clifford Brock

Comment

Oh DUH!

well... I feel foolish...I want to keep pulling in what you add.... I am REALLY looking forward to streaming server changes when toons walk around the map. I believe that focusing any energy on outdated features like loading screens is a waste of effort. But, I am not captaining this ship. I am grateful that you continue to release cool shyte for the kit. I was a little annoyed when the new patcher came out, I mean after all we had a pacther. UNTIL I saw how easy it made applying patches.

I played my first non-BBS game online in about 1992, Neverwinter on AOL. then moved to Everquest just before Moon of Lucalin came out. I hated loading screens with a passion... still do. When you get changing servers with out the loading screens I'll probably stop updating. Maybe ... LOL....maybe.
            Ah Bulletin Board Systems... those were the days... Did you ever play LORDS? Seth Able made it i think?
            Violet... you just never knew when you could get away with pinching her ***, then some douche came along and married her and you had to go to a different BBS system to have a shot... selfish...

Comment

Hey CodeSpartan, I am having issues with the 4.13 version straight out of the box.
              Some minor issues like deprecated ui stuff in the mycharacter.
              And less minor issues like the gui not loading at all..

Anyone else having these issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Mock Up Games View Post
                Ah Bulletin Board Systems... those were the days... Did you ever play LORDS? Seth Able made it i think?
                Violet... you just never knew when you could get away with pinching her ***, then some douche came along and married her and you had to go to a different BBS system to have a shot... selfish...
                Yes, I played LORDS... As a matter of fact.... I built the PC that he used to code LORDS on. (It was first coded on a PC at his high school I believe. He came into my Comic and collectables store in Salem Or. when he heard I built pc's out of the back room. Where my Major BBS was running 8 lines (field of dreams). We met at a ASABO meeting, and got to talking, he came by and I built him a machine. He was a SUPER kid..
                Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Mock Up Games View Post
                  Hey CodeSpartan, I am having issues with the 4.13 version straight out of the box.
                  Some minor issues like deprecated ui stuff in the mycharacter.
                  And less minor issues like the gui not loading at all..

Anyone else having these issues?
                  Scratch all that, it acted jinky out of the box but when I merged with my project it all went like butter, zero problems or errors... so cheers!

Yes, I played LORDS... As a matter of fact.... I built the PC that he used to code LORDS on. (It was first coded on a PC at his high school I believe. He came into my Comic and collectables store in Salem Or. when he heard I built pc's out of the back room. Where my Major BBS was running 8 lines (field of dreams). We met at a ASABO meeting, and got to talking, he came by and I built him a machine. He was a SUPER kid..
                  Holy Hell you knew Seth.. haha thats great. LORDS was the number 1 BBS game for a long time. I was probably about the same age as him then, I didn't know him though. Windows 3.1, DOS 6.2 ... 14.4k baud INTERNAL modem (fancy)... those were the days. I don't remember my first internet game, but my first non BBS game was wolf 3d or doom. I know some years later when I switched to AOL from BBS's I did play at play.net a lot... Gemstone.. Dragonrealms... oh text based games... so much fun, until you start dreaming text.. I was a patron of field of dreams, and of dunes of arakis... I ran security for the Bad Trip BBS which was formerly the red light district... sorted types there... home SCUM societal culture of underground music... we made a little team to make midi's to compete with the mod squad... My main stomping ground was Chatt online.. 8 node BBS!! woot.. haha anyway trip down memory lane was fun but lets not hijack the thread... too cool though. Small world
                  Last edited by 6gg Studios; 09-08-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I'm sure it's been asked before, but how do I download the 4.13 version? I purchased the 4.12 version, just need to upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by musashii View Post
                      I'm sure it's been asked before, but how do I download the 4.13 version? I purchased the 4.12 version, just need to upgrade
                      Go into your sellify account and you should find it there

Comment

Hey [MENTION=25447]CodeSpartan[/MENTION] -

I would highly recommend that you look into Astron.

It is highly documented and under the BSD-3 License.

It has almost everything that a mature MMO would need.

There are also some major gems in this reddit post comments.

Also - Looks like World origin shifting for large worlds in multiplayer is going to be a thing come 4.14

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...ment-248754184

Comment

[MENTION=260]HeadClot[/MENTION] Thanks. Didn't know about the world origin pull request. It'll come in handy.
                          Last edited by CodeSpartan; 09-24-2016, 10:54 AM.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Using UE4.11.2

When playing on a map I am able to move the character around just fine in the editor. When I build the game the directional keys do not work nor does pressing the P key to open the powers menu. Has anyone experienced this issue on a build before with the MMo Kit? Movement and the other option keys work fine in the editor but don't work at all when I build the game and test it. I haven't had a chance to dive to much into the issue but figured I would ask here in hopes of a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                              [MENTION=260]HeadClot[/MENTION] Thanks. Didn't know about the world origin pull request. It'll come in handy.
                              Welcome code spartan

Comment

Originally posted by Nightasy View Post
                                Using UE4.11.2

When playing on a map I am able to move the character around just fine in the editor. When I build the game the directional keys do not work nor does pressing the P key to open the powers menu. Has anyone experienced this issue on a build before with the MMo Kit? Movement and the other option keys work fine in the editor but don't work at all when I build the game and test it. I haven't had a chance to dive to much into the issue but figured I would ask here in hopes of a solution.
                                Hi,

Are you using the clean kit or does this happen after you made some changes to the project?
                                Does this behavior occur when you play the demo?
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X