No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody know how to add more classes select in main menu(it states at a toggle widget) but i cant figure it out. Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture24.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	1114117

I did it the hard way, and it worked, but i deleted it so i can try to figure out the better way lol but im stuck.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture13.PNG
Size:	717.0 KB
ID:	1114118

IT is pretty though!

Comment

Has anyone used the zoning method with the OpenLevel node outlined in the FAQ? (I know the example is not ready yet.)

I have it working, but it does not work as I expected and I am trying to figure out what I need to change.

I have two dedicated server processes running on the same PC with different port numbers and different maps. Players can connect to the first server w/o problem but if one of the players zones (trigger box) it kicks all the connected players off the first server. The zoning Player connects to the second server fine.

What am I missing here?

WIP Thread

Comment

hi,CodeSpartan!
        Plugins Development,Pay,can do?
        Plugins,Loading assets from a pak file

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
          Players can connect to the first server w/o problem but if one of the players zones (trigger box) it kicks all the connected players off the first server.
          Make sure that you're calling OpenLevel only on the client that owns the character that has stepped into the trigger. If the server calls it, it will change the map, quite possibly kicking the players. Other players shouldn't call it either. To call it only on the owning client, you can use IsLocallyControlled node on the character.

Originally posted by conFIGured View Post
          Does anybody know how to add more classes select in main menu(it states at a toggle widget) but i cant figure it out.
          The screenshot is epic . Well that's certainly not the best way to do it - I'd probably create a new widget to use as class toggles. That widget should contain a button that when clicked, changes its style to the "active" style and changes the style of its siblings (you can use GetParent -> GetChild) to "inactive" style. Active and inactive styles can be variables. When clicked, it should also set ClassSelection variable in MainMenu to the toggle's character class, the same as it was done in the demo. The character class variable of the toggle widget should be Exposed and Editable, so that you can choose it when adding a new toggle to the MainMenu in Designer view. You can set the text and/or icon of the toggle in its Event Construct, based on its character class.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Custmization: Male

Comment

IT is pretty though!
            Anyone else old enough to remember Spirograph?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
              Make sure that you're calling OpenLevel only on the client that owns the character that has stepped into the trigger. If the server calls it, it will change the map, quite possibly kicking the players. Other players shouldn't call it either. To call it only on the owning client, you can use IsLocallyControlled node on the character.
              That sorted it out! Thank you!

WIP Thread

Comment

Anyone else old enough to remember Spirograph?
                Was that the thing you put a pencil in on paper and spin it around, had teeth like a gear? lol

Comment

Was that the thing you put a pencil in on paper and spin it around, had teeth like a gear? lol
                  Exactly!

WIP Thread

Comment

I've been working on this for a few hours but haven't made any headway.

I want to spawn the player at the location he logged out from, not at PlayerStart. I have a scheme for saving the logout location but haven't found a way to set the player's location at OnPostLogin. Setting the Initial Location and Rotation of the player controller doesn't appear to work.

Does anyone have an idea how this might this be accomplished?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiten
                      Hi Rhynedahll,

If you take a look inside the "MMOPlayerCharacter" on the Event OnEndViewTarget, when the Server (switch has authority -> Authority) is ran, it sends a SaveCharacter request via the MMOPlayerState. If you take a look inside the "MMOPlayerState > Create Save Character Request" within the first commented block, it fills in the posx, posy, posz, and yaw for the character. These fields are used when logging into the game world to set the location of the character 'spawning/logging' in.

I hope this helps a bit.
                      Thanks! I'll dig into that.

WIP Thread

Comment

The screenshot is epic . Well that's certainly not the best way to do it - I'd probably create a new widget to use as class toggles. That widget should contain a button that when clicked, changes its style to the "active" style and changes the style of its siblings (you can use GetParent -> GetChild) to "inactive" style. Active and inactive styles can be variables. When clicked, it should also set ClassSelection variable in MainMenu to the toggle's character class, the same as it was done in the demo. The character class variable of the toggle widget should be Exposed and Editable, so that you can choose it when adding a new toggle to the MainMenu in Designer view. You can set the text and/or icon of the toggle in its Event Construct, based on its character class.
                        Ok so I got pretty far, I used CharacterButton widget as a guide. Since it is similar. I am stuck on one part though. How to make each button in sequence list a different class.

Name:	Capture58.PNG
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	1114271

Comment

I've been working on this for a few hours but haven't made any headway.

I want to spawn the player at the location he logged out from, not at PlayerStart. I have a scheme for saving the logout location but haven't found a way to set the player's location at OnPostLogin. Setting the Initial Location and Rotation of the player controller doesn't appear to work.

Does anyone have an idea how this might this be accomplished?
                          Hi,

It's the default behavior - when the character logs off, its location is saved to the db and it will spawn at that location the next time the player enters the world. So it should work like that out of the box unless you've changed something.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

I'm trying to modify the ability Data Asset. I want to be able to add a new ENUM list to it, similar to the example in the Online documentation. Seen below

I've tried modifying the existing enum by changing the UMETA display name, but there is no change in the blueprint.
                            How would i go about getting this change to work, or add a whole new enum list to the data asset?
                            This is the code i've added (Spellcasted Enum) to try to add a new enum to the data asset.

Data is being modified under the Ability.h C++ file

Name:	code.png
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	1114296

Comment

Hi,

It's the default behavior - when the character logs off, its location is saved to the db and it will spawn at that location the next time the player enters the world. So it should work like that out of the box unless you've changed something.
                              Thanks! We bought the MMO KIT as a reference and learning aid and are not actually using it as the basis of our project. Our design does not incorporate most of the standard MMORPG mechanisms, such as identified quest givers and linear quests, and rather than heavily modify the kit we are simply reconstructing/cloning/adapting elements of it.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by tizorg View Post
                                [...]
                                You have to compile it, either in UE4 (big Compile button in the editor) or in Visual Studio (right click on project name in solution explorer -> click Build).
                                The compilation should show you that you've made two variables with the same name (both are called Type), so you should rename one to get a successful compilation.
                                When you get a successful compilation, restart the editor.

Thanks! We bought the MMO KIT as a reference and learning aid and are not actually using it as the basis of our project. Our design does not incorporate most of the standard MMORPG mechanisms, such as identified quest givers and linear quests, and rather than heavily modify the kit we are simply reconstructing/cloning/adapting elements of it.
                                You can check out saving character's position in CreateSaveCharacterRequest (blueprint MMOPlayerState), and loading happens in OnResponseGetCharacter.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X