MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
    Since the server is authoritative, the client can't hack it - all values that the hacker changes will only be changed locally. So for example if I hack my damage stat, I may get it to display as 9000 on my client, but on the dedicated server it'll still be 10, and damage calculations happen on the server.

Regular sql injection is not possible since the php scripts all use prepared statements.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Originally posted by Vindomire View Post
      how is the server architecture handled? is it just the built in multiplayer in ue4? I'm under the impression it cant handle many more then 64 players before the hardware gets beat to hell. Is this going to support an actual MMO population?
      Hi, assuming the server has a good enough CPU, one server process can contain about 100-120 players and 300-400 NPCs, depends on your game. You can have several server processes on a single physical server (about 8 for a regular quad-core CPU) and several physical servers if you want. Currently, traveling between server processes (zones) can be done with a loading screen, but I'm also working on a seamless solution.

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
      The server is authoritative in MMO Kit, so out of all the things you see in this video, only zoomhack would be possible.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Could I make the hole game from this? or do I need Unreal Engine?

Comment

So if you get the demo you cant custome anything but if you buy it you can custom every thing like names skins etc?

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
            The server is authoritative in MMO Kit...
            So is this game's servers; so is WoW's servers and so is Tera Rising's servers authoritative as well
            | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

Hi CodeSpartan,

Do you have a rough idea of when you might be releasing a seamless solution for moving between zones. Also do you have an example of how you would make it work with loading screens and difference level files

Thanks

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by jonny2027 View Post
                Hi CodeSpartan,

Do you have a rough idea of when you might be releasing a seamless solution for moving between zones. Also do you have an example of how you would make it work with loading screens and difference level files

Thanks

Jonathan
                Hi,

I plan to first add the on-demand instances and a regular (loading screen) zone travel example. Currently, the FAQ section of the guide contains advice on how to add zone travel with a loading screen.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Great job on the kit so far. I'll probably grab it soon enough.

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                  So is this game's servers; so is WoW's servers and so is Tera Rising's servers authoritative as well
                  Yes, and if you do game critical things on the client and/or never verify anything on the server that video is what happens. It's not really that surprising. You could barely do anything over teleports and camera control in WoW that were not actual bugs. I didn't play TERA enough to get familiar with how it functioned.

Comment

If you purchase the current version, do you get upgrades free?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Code Spartan, I have a few questions for you and one of my big one is this Could I change all ingame names with Unreal Engine? like on the login in screen it says MMO Demo I would like to change that also what version do I need for Unreal Engine when I try to open the MMO Kit with unreal engine 2.12.5 I get this error "The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: UE4Editor-CleanThirdPerson.dll UE4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dll UE4Editor-VaRestEditorPlugin.dll Would you like to rebuild them no?" and it says Yes or No I hit yes and it basically just crashes. Also my last question is The game Launcher that the MMO Kit comes with is there a way to edit everything on it? with in Unreal Engine? like the name and words and the picture? or do I use another program and if its another program could you link me them? also could you link any other programs I may need?

Comment

Originally posted by WarCraftProgram View Post
                        Hello
                        I can only recommend you install UE4, then watch tutorials to get more comfortable with it first. You need basic understanding of Unreal to work with the kit.
                        Last edited by CodeSpartan; 08-09-2016, 03:06 PM.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hello CodeSpartan i just am a bit confused with a few things which i cant find online and i have tried to find every thing on YouTube but i have not found one thing that could e helpful and these are the only 3 questions i have and need to know.

1. Your demo folder comes with a game launcher how do i edit that or what program do I need?
                          2. Is every thing in the Demo Kit editable with UE4? for ex when you first get onto the game the log in screen says MMO Demo could you change that within UE4?
                          3. Sadly i don't know what to look up on YouTube for this error

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-CleanThirdPerson.dll
                          UR4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dll
                          UE4Editor-VaRestEditorPlugin.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?"

P.S i have seen or been looking at a lot of Unreal Engine videos but i cant find any one thisn stuff so i am asking you because your the one who made the MMO Kit so.. yea if you don't know or cant answer ill go back to try and finding the answers for these questions. i currently using UE4 version 1.12.5 i think also could you make a Tutorial if you can or want?
                          Last edited by WarCraftProgram; 08-09-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I can try to answere your questions.

Originally posted by WarCraftProgram View Post
                            Hello CodeSpartan i just am a bit confused with a few things which i cant find online and i have tried to find every thing on YouTube but i have not found one thing that could e helpful and these are the only 3 questions i have and need to know.

1. Your demo folder comes with a game launcher how do i edit that or what program do I need?
                            For the launcher :
                            https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...q6-Ix3Eyzs/pub

2. Is every thing in the Demo Kit editable with UE4? for ex when you first get onto the game the log in screen says MMO Demo could you change that within UE4?
                            You can edit everything. You can make your completely own loginscreen for example.
                            3. Sadly i don't know what to look up on YouTube for this error

The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:

UE4Editor-CleanThirdPerson.dll
                            UR4Editor-VaRestPlugin.dll
                            UE4Editor-VaRestEditorPlugin.dll

Would you like to rebuild them now?"

1.Try to click on rebuild.
                            2.I get an error after this, so for me it was my antivirus. When i disable it or make it ignore the projectfiles it build without error.

P.S i have seen or been looking at a lot of Unreal Engine videos but i cant find any one thisn stuff so i am asking you because your the one who made the MMO Kit so.. yea if you don't know or cant answer ill go back to try and finding the answers for these questions. i currently using UE4 version 1.12.5 i think also could you make a Tutorial if you can or want?

Comment

for the 3rd question when I get the error it say Yes or No I hit yes it I get this error CleanThirdPerson could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually. Because if I can get the project on UE4 and if you say is true with editing eveyry thing in UE4 I could just like remake it all or edit it its just that error I cant find anything for it. and then the launcher tutorial makes no sense? and I I'm not new to the game making process I just never worked with a MMO Kit and I would like some guidance with out like messing up the whole thing.
                              Last edited by WarCraftProgram; 08-09-2016, 06:28 PM.

Comment

This is the error i mean.

try to start it as admin or deactivate your antivirus. thats the way i handle this error.

Comment

Working...
                                X