MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

Anyone out there who would be interested in freelance troubleshooting an MMOKit project which I've produced some thorny issues in. They are issues caused by me tinkering around adding features, not by the Kit itself.
    - equipped item moving out of sync with character on remote client (okay on locally controlled client)
    - on launch, equipped items do not load on character all the time (they revert into inventory)
    - database not always updating on save (but in log seems ok)
    - map camera jitters when not zooming (not a MMO kit feature & wasn't happening until 4.11)
    - visited map waypoints not reliably saving to database on arrival at a waypoint
    - all map waypoints in world previously set to visible get set invisible when toggling map on
    - sometimes database just totally empty
    - Equip menu sometimes cannot be moved if Inventory menu is opened straight after (without closing menu and opening it again)
    - some related clean up of blueprints

If so, PM with a quote estimate and CV
    This is a small freelance task for a totally un-notable project, not anything you'd want to give up your day job for, but you might be excited about testing your debugging skills and getting some money for that.
    Probably this is best suited to someone who has experience pulling apart similar problem, knows about multiplayer blueprints and UI, and willing to take on a short term job.

Comment

tomofnz, you sometimes open your database and its gone? That's a huge red flag to me. Is your hosting setup reliable?

Comment

Any word yet on the 4.12 features/update. Been away for a few days.
        Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

one character throw items On the ground,Another character can seeing,how to set?

Comment

Trying to build Development Server how it's described in doc
            with a fresh demo project "out of the box" but got this error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmokit.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	1111884

Using 4.12.5
            Any suggestions?

UPD. SOLVED.
            I create a folder "PROJECTS" into unreal engine folder and put my project folder inside this Projects. e.g. D:\UE_engine\projects\my_project
            Also I create text file named Games.uprojectdirs and write inside D:\UE_engine\projects\
            Found this trick here
            Last edited by pi666let; 07-12-2016, 05:23 PM. Reason: solved

Comment

Its says smth about ur administrator rights to execute command. As I can see it from here.

P.S:
              4.12.5 and 4.11 r not stable atm. Im not sure you have this problem becuase of it or anything else. But im 100% sure that its better to use 4.10 atm.
              Last edited by Medvega; 07-12-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptaline View Post
                Its says smth about ur administrator rights to execute command. As I can see it from here.

P.S:
                4.12.5 and 4.11 r not stable atm. Im not sure you have this problem becuase of it or anything else. But im 100% sure that its better to use 4.10 atm.
                Oddly enough I found 4.12.5 to be the most stable out of 4.10/4.11/4.12. I was having odd BP issues in 4.10, 4.11 wouldn't allow me to test in PIE, and up till 4.12.5 I couldn't test in PIE either. But I guess everyone has different issues lol
                Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

I'm using 4.11.2 at the moment, seems pretty stable. Everything works, compiles, connects.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rift Keeper View Post
                    I'm using 4.11.2 at the moment, seems pretty stable. Everything works, compiles, connects.
                    Do you use Visual Studio 2015 update 3?
                    It have some problems in complatibility with oldest UE4 engines versions. Here is the topic where they talk about hotfix in 4.12.5 to complie it with the newer version of VS. So the only UE engine I can build - is the newest versions.

Comment

[MENTION=311170]pi666let[/MENTION]:

sorry, but you are wrong:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...8bb14d30eaa6bc

this is the fix for it. ( i used it on 4.10.4)

the problems at 4.11 -> Everything fine in Editor, but cooked exe has memory leaks ( needing 30gb rams and still not running smooth) --> Error related to foliage.

4.12 also everything fine in editor, but cannot build working dedicated server.

Comment

Originally posted by xCPx View Post
                        4.12 also everything fine in editor, but cannot build working dedicated server.
                        Maybe it's already fixed too because I just build dedicated server with the 4.12 and it seems very working...

Comment

You did try from updated mmo kit?
                          Because there it happens and even the request number hasn't been finished till not

Comment

UE 4.12.5 with 1.5 MMOkit

Comment

I'd love to have this..

Comment

There's a 4.11 hotfix for the U3 issue. I asked UnrealAlexander nicely...
                                Two days later?

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Fix-Solutions

So, catch me up.

MMOSK doesn't work reliably on .12 yet and 1.6 isn't out, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X