MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermind... figured it out.
    Last edited by Nightasy; 06-07-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Is the VaRest plugin built in the right location? As of the 4.11 version of the Starter Kit it seems to be built in Plugins/VaRest/VaRest.
      From the GitHub rc8 release notes, I'd guess the plugin should be in Plugins/VaRestPlugin.
      https://github.com/ufna/VaRest/releases/tag/1.1-rc8

Comment

A lil' help with the PHP files

This is an image for those of you having difficulty with the 'extra' steps in the php files. CodeSpartan has also just added the additional instruction regarding the " ?, " portion to the documentation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	statalterphp.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1107965

Comment

Hi everyone,

So it turns out 4.12 has a serious bug that makes the server crash when the client connects in the packaged game. It is known to Epic (UE-31850) and I think we can expect a hotfix soon. The clan/guild update is ready and I will release it as soon as the 4.12 bug is fixed. In the meantime, I recommend staying on the 4.11.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
            Hi everyone,

So it turns out 4.12 has a serious bug that makes the server crash when the client connects in the packaged game. It is known to Epic (UE-31850) and I think we can expect a hotfix soon. The clan/guild update is ready and I will release it as soon as the 4.12 bug is fixed. In the meantime, I recommend staying on the 4.11.
            Any chance the 4.12.2 hotfix fixed this?

WIP Thread

Comment

Actually i isnt fixed. Just tried today. But they will fix it soon.

Comment

I'd give 4.12 another month or two before upgrading complex projects... they are still catching bugs

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiten
                  The issue reported by CodeSpartan here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ent-login.html seems to have been resolved with 4.12.2;

I followed CodeSpartans step-by-step reproduction of the issue in the above thread with 4.12.2 and no crashes when clients connect to the dedicated server. /cheer/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97290[/ATTACH]
                  Basically no, it hasn't been fixed with 4.12.2.
                  We both tested on 4.12.2 and it didn't worked, also Matthew tested on this build and the internal build. And both of them failed hard.

Comment

Simply look at the Time Matthew answered at Bug report.
                    It was 2 days ago, where it didnt worked on 4.12.2 and on their internal build.
                    And then look at the last commit of the ue4 release build ---> 3 days ago.

So basically it cannot be fixed till now.

And by the way: your attachment is invalid.

And also there isnt any commit from 4.12.1 to 4.12.2 that whould change the behaviour. So i think you may did something wrong while trying to reproduce the bug.
                    Maybe you just got luck or whatever, but i know that it definitly doesnt work on 4.12.2 ( otherwhise the Reproduction Project as well as the MMO Starter Kit would work , what they in fact dont do for me or CodeSpartan)
                    Last edited by xCPx; 06-12-2016, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Sorry, but are you really able to read?

Matthew TESTED IT 2 (!) DAYS AGO and the last update on the UE4 Source relase Branch was 3 DAYS Ago.
                      And also he tested it on latest internal build ( 4.13) and also it isnt fixxed there.

Comment

A typo of 3 vs 2 and you respond with that. Please grow up xCPx. I provided the proof that it does work.

Regardless, please redirect the topic back to the MMO kit, thank you. I'm done discussing this with you.
                        And basically i can proof you that it doesnt work in whatever branch you want.
                        it doesnt work on : 4.12, 4.12.1, 4.12.2, the release branch, the master branch and not even the promoted branch.

Got all of them up to date and nothing works ^^

Tested MMO Starter Kit and the Reproduce example, both show the exact same error.
                        Last edited by xCPx; 06-12-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Actually with creating a new Map server doesnt crash anymore. But for MMO Starter Kit there is another bug.

If you create a new Map and do everything fine and set the PlayerStart for example somewhere in the sky, you get following error:

[2016.06.13-07.08.52:956][367]LogSpawn:Warning: SpawnActor failed because of collision at the spawn location [X=-3060.000 Y=50.000 Z=670.001] for [ModularPlayerCharacter_C]
                          [2016.06.13-07.08.52:957][367]LogGameMode:Warning: Couldn't spawn Pawn of type ModularPlayerCharacter_C at PlayerStart

The funny thing: There isnt even something it could colid with

even if you delete PlayerStart the same error appears ( with changed koordinates)

( Error only exists on Cooked Server, in editor everything is fine)
                          Last edited by xCPx; 06-13-2016, 03:27 AM.

Comment

xCPx,

Glad you were able to reproduce! If it's not one issue it's another right? :P

Either way, back to 4.11 for me until this is resolved fully as I run into other issues like the one you are encountering as well.

Cheers!

My greates Problem is that it didnt Completly worked on 4.11, too

On Editor everything fine, but on cooked client ---> Jitter and ram usage went to 32gb ...

now its nearly the same:

if i open the game like "server " with ?listen, then everything is fine, but if i open normally its also jittering and ram usage goes up to 100%...

actually i am thinking of switching to Unity...

Comment

I brought the 4.10 version a while back how do I update to the 4.11 version is there something to redownload or do I just get the 4.11 source ? Thanks

Comment

At the moment i wouldnt update. UE 4.11 and 4.12 got both huge bugs ...

Ue4.11 gots problems at Foliage, ue4.12 at running dedicated server...

Comment

Working...
                                X