No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMO Starter Kit is available for purchase on Sellfy!

Online documentation

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly on Skype (CodeSpartan) if you have any questions, since the online documentation is new and I might have missed something.
    MMO Starter Kit
    Dialogue Plugin
    Voxel Plugin
    Character Customization: Female
    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

@Code

Congratulations on the great work!

My question is:

A non-coder can install and maintain your product? (by maintain, I mean troubleshoot issues on the current version)

Comment

Hi sarfios,

If by non-coder you mean a person who works in Blueprints, then yes, definitely. The only parts of the project right now that are in code are: launcher and chat server applications (both in C#) and a small part of the inventory system (a new DataAsset type). Everything else is in Blueprints.

I will provide instructions on how to work with the part of the inventory system that is in code but it's pretty straightforward. And you most probably won't need to modify the chat server for a while (commands such as /who or emotes can be handled by the game server, not chat server).
        MMO Starter Kit
        Dialogue Plugin
        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Documentation looks clear and concise, good job dude =]

Comment

Is there a reason why it's telling me it's $115?
            Considering it said it was $95 (have other things to budget for as well ><)
            [ArcturusProject]

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
              It says 95.00 USD for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
                Says $95 for me; Are you living in the EU? There was some laws recently that adds VAT to digital purchases to us in the EU whereas it didn't used to be a case (I believe).
                KITATUS
                "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                  Says $95 for me; Are you living in the EU? There was some laws recently that adds VAT to digital purchases to us in the EU whereas it didn't used to be a case (I believe).
                  Nope I don't live in the EU that's why I'm confused about it. There should be no reason for it to appear like that.

Edit: Went looking around at other products and for some reason this is the only one to try and force tax on me.
                  Last edited by Luna; 01-03-2015, 03:55 AM.
                  [ArcturusProject]

Comment

Just tried the new inventory update, its really nice I love that it saves everything when I log off and on

It is a bit buggy though when you loot the npc's, when you double click or right click on stuff the items stay in there then eventually get picked up then you don't have as many as you clicked, I'm sure you will fix what I mean

I really wish you would add the ability to drop items onto the ground and have them stay there persistently too, instead of being destroyed, I would buy your project simply for that immediately. I know WoW doesn't have that, but other more modern mmo's do, which is a feature I think a lot of people would love

What are your next features after bug fixes and stuff?

Action / inventory bar?

Ability to use the items to affect stats & weapon swapping / model changes?
                    (which then call a different animation stance/movement & combat mechanics)

Ability to select a class/race that has a different model and animations and skeleton?

Plans to polish the character controller so theres proper jump / running backwards / strafing animations ? (Or is that easily added ourselves with documentation for replicating our own networked animations & character controllers?)
                    Last edited by CyberDev; 01-02-2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeiten
                      You could add this feature pretty easily. I haven't done this yet myself so this is just a quick brain storm.

I know they stopped with it in EQ because people would drop massive amounts of coins at the "zone in" locations and it would knock people offline (happened to me one too many times).
                      Thanks for the info!
                      Well maybe for you its easy because you are a programmer / blueprinter but I'm just a 3d artist with no idea how to go about implementing that

Im sure massive dropping is easily fixed by allowing only certain items to be dropped like dayZ does though, not even sure why they made coins droppable seems like a currency that should have only existed as numbers in a database/bank transfer like WoW (another feature to add? )
                      Last edited by CyberDev; 01-02-2015, 08:56 PM.

Comment

I've looked into this, I think it was because of some tax settings at sellfy. I think I fixed it, can you try again and see if it still says $115? It should charge $95.
                        Last edited by CodeSpartan; 01-03-2015, 12:52 AM.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin

Comment

I really wish you would add the ability to drop items onto the ground and have them stay there persistently too, instead of being destroyed, I would buy your project simply for that immediately
                          About item dropping, Zeiten is right, it is indeed easy to make, but then, there are other useful features also not hard to make: minimap, experience, currency, simple equip system, etc. Perhaps I will make a Trello account soon for everyone to vote on the possible new features. For now, persistent item dropping will be the first on my list so expect to see it added very soon
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Okay so this is what I get.

PRODUCT
                            PRICE
                            MMO Starter Kit for Unreal
                            $95
                            Tax (18%)
                            $17.10
                            Total payment
                            $95

MMO Starter Kit for Unreal
                            Choose a way to pay

Your payment summary
                            DescriptionAmount

$95.00 USD

Total: $95.00 USD
                            It still mentions that there is tax but for some reason the total now says $95 and when I go to checkout it does say it is $95 So I think you fixed it, for whatever reason it was being stupid though.
                            Last edited by Luna; 01-03-2015, 03:54 AM.
                            [ArcturusProject]

Comment

So it is confirmed now that the issue with the price and tax is fixed.

Luna and Zeiten, check your PM please.
                              Last edited by CodeSpartan; 01-03-2015, 02:48 AM.
                              MMO Starter Kit
                              Dialogue Plugin
                              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Which engine version should I use?

Comment

Working...
                                X