MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Simply look at the Time Matthew answered at Bug report.
    It was 2 days ago, where it didnt worked on 4.12.2 and on their internal build.
    And then look at the last commit of the ue4 release build ---> 3 days ago.

So basically it cannot be fixed till now.

And by the way: your attachment is invalid.

And also there isnt any commit from 4.12.1 to 4.12.2 that whould change the behaviour. So i think you may did something wrong while trying to reproduce the bug.
    Maybe you just got luck or whatever, but i know that it definitly doesnt work on 4.12.2 ( otherwhise the Reproduction Project as well as the MMO Starter Kit would work , what they in fact dont do for me or CodeSpartan)
    Last edited by Micha_Ill; 06-12-2016, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zeiten
    The issue reported by CodeSpartan here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ent-login.html seems to have been resolved with 4.12.2;

I followed CodeSpartans step-by-step reproduction of the issue in the above thread with 4.12.2 and no crashes when clients connect to the dedicated server. /cheer/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97290[/ATTACH]
    Basically no, it hasn't been fixed with 4.12.2.
    We both tested on 4.12.2 and it didn't worked, also Matthew tested on this build and the internal build. And both of them failed hard.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'd give 4.12 another month or two before upgrading complex projects... they are still catching bugs

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually i isnt fixed. Just tried today. But they will fix it soon.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
    Hi everyone,

So it turns out 4.12 has a serious bug that makes the server crash when the client connects in the packaged game. It is known to Epic (UE-31850) and I think we can expect a hotfix soon. The clan/guild update is ready and I will release it as soon as the 4.12 bug is fixed. In the meantime, I recommend staying on the 4.11.
    Any chance the 4.12.2 hotfix fixed this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi everyone,

So it turns out 4.12 has a serious bug that makes the server crash when the client connects in the packaged game. It is known to Epic (UE-31850) and I think we can expect a hotfix soon. The clan/guild update is ready and I will release it as soon as the 4.12 bug is fixed. In the meantime, I recommend staying on the 4.11.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A lil' help with the PHP files

This is an image for those of you having difficulty with the 'extra' steps in the php files. CodeSpartan has also just added the additional instruction regarding the " ?, " portion to the documentation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	statalterphp.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1107965

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is the VaRest plugin built in the right location? As of the 4.11 version of the Starter Kit it seems to be built in Plugins/VaRest/VaRest.
    From the GitHub rc8 release notes, I'd guess the plugin should be in Plugins/VaRestPlugin.
    https://github.com/ufna/VaRest/releases/tag/1.1-rc8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nevermind... figured it out.
    Last edited by Nightasy; 06-07-2016, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xCPx View Post
    Seems like the whole Project doesnt run on UE4.12 anymore... ( In Editor everything is fine, but in Packaged game, server crashes at login.... :/)
    Hi. I found out about it 2 days ago and I'm looking into it.

Originally posted by The Rift Keeper View Post
    Still like to know where I sit on using those sweet assets in the sample map..
    Those assets are from the Vehicle Game template by Epic. You can use them in your game.

The documentation also contains links to other free assets like icons and sounds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X