MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=40089]Blood_Buske[/MENTION]

Would you share the Round Minimap? I am trying to get one for days and until now i simply dont get how to make it...

Would need it for my Taskbar

Click image for larger version

Name:	tc6Vc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.6 KB
ID:	1107527

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
      @Blood_Buske

That looks awesome, I like what you have going there, always good to see what can be done with the kit!

Nemo
      Should sdee it when it's done, Hopefully one day wed will be as successfull as project genome! just em.. gotta get more help

Comment

Basically not, was a free 3D Modell I used for one of my classes

Comment

whether it is possible to make a choice blueprints character when you create it? let ModularPlayerCharacterr1 or ModularPlayerCharacter2

Comment

Originally posted by Amegaku View Post
            whether it is possible to make a choice blueprints character when you create it? let ModularPlayerCharacterr1 or ModularPlayerCharacter2
            Actually its quite easier.

simply call SetSekeletal Mesh for all meshes in the modular player character inside a MultiCast event.

Comment

Originally posted by xCPx View Post
              Actually its quite easier.

simply call SetSekeletal Mesh for all meshes in the modular player character inside a MultiCast event.
              I'm interested in is changing blueprints.I have two races and have different animation and mesh
              Last edited by Amegaku; 06-02-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

UE 4.12 is released and the 4.11 version of the kit works fine with it, no additional conversion required

I'm working on the new build which will have clans/guilds, I expect it to be out in 2-3 days.

Upd: 4.11 version of the kit doesn't work with 4.12 yet. I'm working on it.
                Last edited by CodeSpartan; 06-06-2016, 06:22 AM.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin
                Character Customization: Female
                Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                  UE 4.12 is released and the 4.11 version of the kit works fine with it, no additional conversion required

I'm working on the new build which will have clans/guilds, I expect it to be out in 2-3 days.
                  This is awesome news CodeSpartan, as always thanks for the hard work, looking forward to the new update!

Nemodain

Comment

Greetings to CodeSpartan and anyone else knowledgeable on this product,

First off, what a great template this has been, I've already set up 7 races with morph targets and separate character create screens and it all flows together perfectly.

I seem to have issue when adding a new field to the structure for the character in the db, I follow the directions in the quick start. Add the field to DB at the end, Add it to the php files mmocreatecharacter.php, mmogetcharacter.php (not plural) and mmosavecharacter.php the same way health is treated and then it breaks, won't create characters in the db anymore. I set up the mmoplayerstate and mmoplayercharacter as well though I don't think those two are related to the not creating the character in the db issue. Is there something I am missing in the process of adding new fields to the DB? I just cant seem to not break it when I do.

I could really use help I've been banging my head against these few issues for a while now. Thanks for your time.

PS--
                    Another question, some of these assets in the starter kit are pretty bangin, like the palm tree, pyramid, ancient buildings... Are these all useable commercially? Or they more just for the placeholdermap?

Edit: I removed an issue from this post (in case you saw it before I did) where setting number/string fields targeting the request object for fields like gender and experience was failing. If you had this same issue, go to your mmocreatecharacter.php that you uploaded to server and first time when I uncommented $gender = $mydata ->gender; on line 6 I didn't notice but halfway down starting at line 49 the variables are hard wired, I am guessing this is because they weren't used in the kit yet? But deleting out the hard defines made my nodes work in my mmoplayerstate. Not sure if that helps anyone but there it is.
                    Last edited by 6gg Studios; 06-04-2016, 02:20 PM. Reason: Partially resolved

Comment

Seems like the whole Project doesnt run on UE4.12 anymore... ( In Editor everything is fine, but in Packaged game, server crashes at login.... :/)

Comment

UPDATE: The DB works now with the extra fields, and I didn't do anything different so... chalk it up to a hosting problem, or whatever lol..

Still like to know where I sit on using those sweet assets in the sample map.. and looking forward to this update, guilds... exciting stuff.

Comment

Multiple Servers/ Worlds, 10 different factions, Crafting, mining, arrest/ hostage system. Lots of stuff of more stuff.

Comment

has anyone successfull implant NeoFur plugin to the kit? on normal UE build thats no Problem but on source build i cant find a way to implant it.

Comment

Originally posted by xCPx View Post
                              Seems like the whole Project doesnt run on UE4.12 anymore... ( In Editor everything is fine, but in Packaged game, server crashes at login.... :/)
                              Hi. I found out about it 2 days ago and I'm looking into it.

Originally posted by The Rift Keeper View Post
                              Still like to know where I sit on using those sweet assets in the sample map..
                              Those assets are from the Vehicle Game template by Epic. You can use them in your game.

The documentation also contains links to other free assets like icons and sounds.
                              MMO Starter Kit
                              Dialogue Plugin
                              Voxel Plugin
                              Character Customization: Female
                              Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Working...
                              X