Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

add Armor reduce damage,how to set?

Comment

Hi, I'm Sir Blood Buske! We have been using the MMO Starter Kit since it first came out.. and redid it a bit! If you would like to see what we've done check it out! Outerveil.com

Comment

Hey Folks,

I've been approaching the task of adding in some form of character selection/generation options to my prototype and I believe others were at one point working on something similar. I was just wondering does any one have any works in progress or projects with character creation already implemented? I'd be very much interested in seeing how others are approaching the challenge :P
        Jungle Rock Pack - Available Now! - Unreal Marketplace
        Wooden Floor Pack 4 - Available Now! - Unreal Marketplace
        Medieval Fantasy Tavern Environment - Available Now! - Unreal Marketplace
        Modern Table Pack - Available Now!

Comment

i struggle on finding a way to implant a experience System.. i want to give a amount on exp each Group member for a kill but right now each Player gets exp doesnt matter if in Party or not ... has anyone a way how to set it correct?

Comment

Finally got the Class System working <3

Click image for larger version

Name:	BMApb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	1107429

Comment

where did you call expget for a kill xCPx? i tryed it on eventreceivedamage with a boolean if it is PC who killed a target.. but it worked not as expected... the whole exp always gone to Player character who was the first logged in. the other did not get exp.

Comment

Name:	mdsgowlw.jpg
Size:	724.8 KB
ID:	1107440
                Preview of Rising Storm with 2 npc's fight each other

Comment

Originally posted by Arixsus View Post
                  Just a heads up [MENTION=25759]Nemodain[/MENTION]. This needs to happen in MMOPlayerState in On ResponseGetCharacter for a MySQL character to be used properly in Advanced Social System. You have to more or less abandon the Players data-table entirely, and force load the player info. [ATTACH=CONFIG]94972[/ATTACH]

Obviously its super messy, but this works.
                  Thank you so much Arixsus for the information, I will looking at this.

Due to real life I have been unable to do any development lately, so I apologize the videos are lacking.

Nemo

Comment

Basically i did not Used "Exp Sharing" but i would do it this way:

you got all Players that are allowed to loot in LootRights array in MMOCharacter Blueprint.
                    So basically do it this way:
                    When NPC dies, run for each on LootRights and give each of the Players in there the amount.

Comment

Name:	FOTO.jpg
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	1107473
                      So this is a picture of my project, we have used the mmo starter kit, but modified it a good bit.

Comment

Name:	Screen111.png
Size:	601.0 KB
ID:	1107484

Great seeing awesome stuff from other peoples projects. I'm currently working on dialogue between players/NPC's in the world
                        Jungle Rock Pack - Available Now! - Unreal Marketplace
                        Wooden Floor Pack 4 - Available Now! - Unreal Marketplace
                        Medieval Fantasy Tavern Environment - Available Now! - Unreal Marketplace
                        Modern Table Pack - Available Now!

Comment

i think i found a solution for sharing exp. my error was i used "groupmembers-->get-->breakcrossserverplayer" with that solution i get the Player Name and/or char and his variables... but they are only on the Client that was why it didnt work... my new solution is branching "Group->get Display name" with a Loop of casting to getplayercharacter(loop)-->mmoplayercharacter-->Group .if it is equal add expClick image for larger version

Name:	kd6fo3dw.jpg
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	1107487

Comment

Anyone here used a Linux SQL server yet? I'm thinking PostgreSQL for standards compliance.
                            (re-reads manual for the heck of it.)

Why... did I put this... on MS SQL Server two years ago? Man, two years ago me has some explaining to do.
                            Okay, MySQL it is.

Still, any tricks worth noting when spinning up an new linux server for this?
                            Last edited by Warcabbit; 06-01-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Reading through the thread, this looks to be exactly what I've been hunting for; creating objects / worlds and dialogue I can do, but the nuts and bolts of the underlying systems... no. Hopefully this is as fleshed out as it reads! Regardless, I've found something new to tinker with / obsess over after the children go to bed at night

Comment

@Blood_Buske

That looks awesome, I like what you have going there, always good to see what can be done with the kit!

Nemo

Comment

Working...
                                X