MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yskwork
    in MMOCharacter blueprint ,get AI attack power data,how to set?
    in mmoCharacter you can set the damage calculation for all (AI and PC's). the damage power is a variable inside the AI-blueprint.. like Bandit's attack power is in the Bandit blueprint at combat---> attack power

Comment

Add FindClass and Eval function:

Add to MMOUtility.h:
      Code:
      UFUNCTION(BlueprintPure, Category = "MMO Utility")
      	static UClass* FindClass(const FString& ClassName);

UFUNCTION(BlueprintPure, Category = "MMO Utility")
      	static float EvalMathExpression(const FString& expr);

add to MMOUtility.cpp:
      Code:
      UClass* UMMOUtility::FindClass(const FString& ClassName)
       {
      	 check(*ClassName);

UObject* ClassPackage = ANY_PACKAGE;

if (UClass* Result = FindObject<UClass>(ClassPackage, *ClassName))
      		 return Result;

if (UObjectRedirector* RenamedClassRedirector = FindObject<UObjectRedirector>(ClassPackage, *ClassName))
      		 return CastChecked<UClass>(RenamedClassRedirector->DestinationObject);

return nullptr;
       }

double ParseAtom(char*& expr) {
      	 char* end_ptr;
      	 double res = strtod(expr, &end_ptr);
      	 expr = end_ptr;
      	 return res;
       }

double ParseFactors(char*& expr) {
      	 double num1 = ParseAtom(expr);
      	 for (;;) {
      		 char op = *expr;
      		 if (op != '/' && op != '*')
      			 return num1;
      		 expr++;
      		 double num2 = ParseAtom(expr);
      		 if (op == '/')
      			 num1 /= num2;
      		 else
      			 num1 *= num2;
      	 }
       }
       double ParseSummands(char*& expr) {
      	 double num1 = ParseFactors(expr);
      	 for (;;) {
      		 char op = *expr;
      		 if (op != '-' && op != '+')
      			 return num1;
      		 expr++;
      		 double num2 = ParseFactors(expr);
      		 if (op == '-')
      			 num1 -= num2;
      		 else
      			 num1 += num2;
      	 }
       }

double EvaluateTheExpression(char* expr) {
      	 return ParseSummands(expr);
       }
       float UMMOUtility::EvalMathExpression(const FString& expr)
       {

return (float)EvaluateTheExpression(TCHAR_TO_ANSI(*expr));
      }

Credits:
      https://www.strchr.com/expression_evaluator
      https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ring-in-c.html

I Simply Updated the Scripts / made them available in Blueprints.

For Unbugging the Char Preview:

First follow this tutorial:
      https://engineunreal.wordpress.com/2...mg-widget-hud/

After that change the Blueprints like that:

1. Add a Static Mesh Component to the "Studio" (to the position where your Char should be) and call it Book.
      2. Add a Variable called "Actor" with type ModularPlayerActor Reference
      3. add A function "BuildChar" -> http://blueprintue.com/blueprint/x3hzuv2a/
      4. Save and Compile the Script.

5. In MMOPlayerController add a variable called "Renderer 2D" with the type of your new blueprint class.
      6. Make the EventGraph of MMOPlayerController look like this: http://i.epvpimg.com/wqlBc.png

7. Add the Call to create the "Studio" in BeginPlay : http://i.epvpimg.com/sZode.png

Basically it now works. But you have to Add the Updating Equipment , too. Otherwhise it will only refresh on reopen the Equipment Window.

Comment

Would it be possible for a quick rundown on how to enable the Steam services? Namely, interested in using Steam for:

- Credentials
        - Leaderboards
        - Achievements
        - Voice
        - VAC
        WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
        World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
        WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

Originally posted by xCPx View Post
          Someone Interested in some basic functions?
          I Wrote function for eval strings ( for example "20*3+17" returns 77.0) for creating kind off "skill calculation strings"
          also i rewrote the FindClass function for ue 4.11 and MMO Starter Kit.
          Basically you can Get the class ( needed for spawn ) out of a String. Example ( /Game/MMO/AI/Roaming/Bandit.Bandit_C )

Also i got an unbugged "Preview" of the character in Equipment Window.

if someone is interested, i will make tutorial.
          Thank you so much xCPX, this is awesome! We always like tutorials and any help with the kit.

Nemodain

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
            Would it be possible for a quick rundown on how to enable the Steam services? Namely, interested in using Steam for:

- Credentials
            - Leaderboards
            - Achievements
            - Voice
            - VAC
            I am waiting for the 20 something part series from UE guys on integrating steam. The messed up the first video, sound was broken. Report is the second one was made and will be up soon.

Here is the link to the thread.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...utorial-Series

Nemodain

Comment

is it a bug from unreal engine? i often get reseted stats like charnames from Mobs change back to "CharacterName" or attackrate to 0 ~.~

Comment

same here, the mmocharacter bp crash at all Play.
                So when there is a crash the other child BP aren't save correctly and loss somes variables values.

Comment

Someone allready try to add the auction house system to the mmo kit ? succes or not ?

thx

Comment

Hello, I have a problem. "Development Server" is not shown as an option.

someone has the problem also? and perhaps a solution?
                    Hi,

Make sure you have the source-built version of UE4 (check The Editor part of the guide), "Development Server" doesn't show in regular launcher version of UE4.

So I'm trying to add custom artwork to the launcher, and I don't see anything in the documentation about this. Anyone else have any luck with that?
                    The launcher is a regular C# application, so you can open its source in VS and edit the art. Being familiar with WinForms helps, but there are many tutorials on the web on how to customize the look of a WinForms application.

it is just me but i have this kit and the mana function seems to be out i can basically just mass cast a spell and it costs no mana nor has a cooldown... ?
                    Basically what Gerrod has said. The mana/spell system is just a quick demo, I don't intend to make a complex spell system, since every game has it differently (some games don't even have mana or spells). With the kit, I'm focusing on the network stuff such as login/registration and chat, leaving the gameplay decisions to the game designer.

I just wanted to pop in again and thank and promote CS for his work here. We used his old version of the starter kit to learn how some of this stuff works in UE4, and couldn't be happier. Even after heavily extending it / modifying some areas with diff patches, updating is a breeze and we're still going strong.

If you're looking to learn some netcode oriented towards a larger scale, this is the place to do it.
                    Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad that the kit has been of help to you.

- Credentials
                    - Leaderboards
                    - Achievements
                    - Voice
                    - VAC
                    It is not possible to use Steam Achievements (not sure about Leaderboards) without an appid. If you have an appid (usually that means your game is Greenlit or you have a publisher), you can check out the official guide that Nemodain linked or my guide on Achievements.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin
                    Character Customization: Female
                    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                      Thanks. I asked because when I looked into downloading the plugin via the Epic Launcher, it says "Install to Engine." rather than "Add to Project." Such things make me leery.
                      That is because actual plugins (as opposed to projects), in the marketplace all install to the engine directly. You then enable or disable them on a per-project basis.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                        It is not possible to use Steam Achievements (not sure about Leaderboards) without an appid. If you have an appid (usually that means your game is Greenlit or you have a publisher), you can check out the official guide that Nemodain linked or my guide on Achievements.
                        Not entirely true. You can use appid 480. It's Valve's official appid for testing/implementation in your game prior to being Greenlit.

Comment

Originally posted by WildAboutWilde View Post
                          Not entirely true. You can use appid 480. It's Valve's official appid for testing/implementation in your game prior to being Greenlit.
                          This. Just be aware there are only like, 5 test achievements, and you don't get to add your own (since it isn't your app).

Comment

get AI attack power ,in MMOCharacter blueprint ,how to set?

Comment

Originally posted by yskwork View Post
                              get AI attack power ,in MMOCharacter blueprint ,how to set?
                              Yskword, if you got the attack power from cast you can also drag a node off the cast and type set attack. also have a look in your AI blueprint to make sure the variable is public which make it easier for blueprint communication. Hope that helps, any problems get a screen shot and add it to your question, it helps to see what you are actually doing to give better answers

Comment

Just a heads up [MENTION=25759]Nemodain[/MENTION]. This needs to happen in MMOPlayerState in On ResponseGetCharacter for a MySQL character to be used properly in Advanced Social System. You have to more or less abandon the Players data-table entirely, and force load the player info. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 10.35.58 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	1107082

Obviously its super messy, but this works.
                                Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Working...
                                X