MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kawto View Post
    it is just me but i have this kit and the mana function seems to be out i can basically just mass cast a spell and it costs no mana nor has a cooldown... ?
    no.. not only you that is the case for all

Comment

Originally posted by Kawto View Post
      it is just me but i have this kit and the mana function seems to be out i can basically just mass cast a spell and it costs no mana nor has a cooldown... ?
      It's only a template not a finished Game where you only must add the graphics
      You can look how HP is handled and make the same with Mana. Its very easy.
      Cooldown is a bit complicated but in 1-2hours you can make it on your own.

Comment

UPDATE:

Been one of those weeks where nothing got done and everything went wrong. The merging of the AdvSocSys kit looks like it may be more work than it's worth, like you need to actually rebuild everything. Storing information in datatables locally would be a bad idea even if they went on to be stored in a MySql database, I am afraid it would allow hackers to alter data. From what I can see the way the AdvSocSys is built, the core design is with the datatables. Unless someone can point me in the right direction on removing the datatables part without rebuilding the entire structure, I could be wrong.

I'll go ahead an finish the video on the final migration I have and try and get it up this weekend, that way people can at least see it operate inside the MMO Kit. The complete integration will either require some major changes to the AdvSocSys or the MMO kit to get it to completely work.

Nemodain

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
          UPDATE:

Been one of those weeks where nothing got done and everything went wrong. The merging of the AdvSocSys kit looks like it may be more work than it's worth, like you need to actually rebuild everything. Storing information in datatables locally would be a bad idea even if they went on to be stored in a MySql database, I am afraid it would allow hackers to alter data. From what I can see the way the AdvSocSys is built, the core design is with the datatables. Unless someone can point me in the right direction on removing the datatables part without rebuilding the entire structure, I could be wrong.

I'll go ahead an finish the video on the final migration I have and try and get it up this weekend, that way people can at least see it operate inside the MMO Kit. The complete integration will either require some major changes to the AdvSocSys or the MMO kit to get it to completely work.

Nemodain
          I have looked at the AdvSocSys for a few weeks and my unresearched and untried plan to handle this problem is to leave the datatables in place, but allow alterations only by the server.

If a master copy of the datatable is maintained by the server on the MySQL db and the client datatables are updated when changes are made, then the clients should have access to current data.

My hope is that this would allow Pirate's code to remain relatively intact.

WIP Thread

Comment

Questions

Hey, im working on a top down game (like Diablo 3/Dota 2) but want to make it a open map mmo (like World of warcraft). Is this what im looking for?

Can i change the look of the inventory?
            Can i make a bag slots to increase inventory size (like i World of warcraft)?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

The VaRest plugin is used by MSK. How does this get installed to the from source engine?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                I have looked at the AdvSocSys for a few weeks and my unresearched and untried plan to handle this problem is to leave the datatables in place, but allow alterations only by the server.

If a master copy of the datatable is maintained by the server on the MySQL db and the client datatables are updated when changes are made, then the clients should have access to current data.

My hope is that this would allow Pirate's code to remain relatively intact.
                Interesting, have to take a look at it that way and see, I still worry about anything stored locally.

Nemo

Comment

Here is the second video of the AdvSocSys integration, just remember this is only working inside the MMO Kit and does not have any functionality tied to the actually player itself per say.

I went ahead and uploaded what I have so far so you can finish the merging, the animations are a little wonky so I did not move them over or the demo scene. If anyone has feedback or any information about the complete merge go ahead and post on here.

Advanced Social System Integration to MMO Kit (Part 2 of Part 3)

I am going to continue looking at the merge and see if anything is possible without a complete rebuild.

Nemo
                  Last edited by Nemodain; 05-15-2016, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                    Sorry if this is a dumb question.

The VaRest plugin is used by MSK. How does this get installed to the from source engine?
                    Pretty sure it's just a plug-in added inside the plug in folder and then used in the MMO Kit for database calls. If I understand what your asking correctly.

Nemo

Comment

Originally posted by LLamaking View Post
                      Hey, im working on a top down game (like Diablo 3/Dota 2) but want to make it a open map mmo (like World of warcraft). Is this what im looking for?

Thanks
                      You can edit the base kit to your desire, CodeSpartan is using the WoW type MMO for the blueprint to build the kit. You can change the inventory, yes. Pretty much anything you want to do is possible, the Kit is built on the blueprint system, so become familiar with that and you will be good to go.

Nemo

Comment

Originally posted by LLamaking View Post

Thanks
                        Like Nemodain said before you can change the look of everything. (i changed a lot a few sides ago)
                        Bags are no Problem.
                        Possibility 1:
                        Make another inventory which only shows when you equip a bag. (like the bags in wow)
                        Possibility 2:
                        In the Inventory Blueprint is a columns and a row variable. So make a bag-slot witch add the number of aditional items to the variables.
                        So when you like to add 5 more slots add 1 to rows for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
                          Pretty sure it's just a plug-in added inside the plug in folder and then used in the MMO Kit for database calls. If I understand what your asking correctly.

Nemo
                          Thanks. I asked because when I looked into downloading the plugin via the Epic Launcher, it says "Install to Engine." rather than "Add to Project." Such things make me leery.
                          Last edited by Rhynedahll; 05-16-2016, 12:15 PM.

WIP Thread

Comment

I just wanted to pop in again and thank and promote CS for his work here. We used his old version of the starter kit to learn how some of this stuff works in UE4, and couldn't be happier. Even after heavily extending it / modifying some areas with diff patches, updating is a breeze and we're still going strong.

If you're looking to learn some netcode oriented towards a larger scale, this is the place to do it.

Comment

Someone Interested in some basic functions?
                              I Wrote function for eval strings ( for example "20*3+17" returns 77.0) for creating kind off "skill calculation strings"
                              also i rewrote the FindClass function for ue 4.11 and MMO Starter Kit.
                              Basically you can Get the class ( needed for spawn ) out of a String. Example ( /Game/MMO/AI/Roaming/Bandit.Bandit_C )

Also i got an unbugged "Preview" of the character in Equipment Window.

if someone is interested, i will make tutorial.

Comment

XCPX...

Tuts? Woot.... can't get enough of them.!!
                                Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                                Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Working...
                                X