No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the kit offer a Basic mmorpg-game in the box. after you have configured everything you can Play in it and kill Monsters do some Basic quests. you can use models from other 3d Party Software if it is in the right Format.. basicly if you can use it already in unreal you can use it also in this kit. seems to me your new to unreal engine am i right?

Comment

Cool. Thank you for sharing Sean.
      Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
      Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by LinaCrysta View Post
        Hello Im about to buy this but im wondering is it possible to do a basic mmo with this kit ((im not aiming for anything huge or anything)).and can i use models from other 3d software into this? thanks
        Yes Lina. If the 3d software exports to .fbx Well, since I am not a graphics guy, I can tell you all the stuff I have in my game is all .fbx.. So, I think so.
        Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Sqitshi View Post
          the kit offer a Basic mmorpg-game in the box. after you have configured everything you can Play in it and kill Monsters do some Basic quests. you can use models from other 3d Party Software if it is in the right Format.. basicly if you can use it already in unreal you can use it also in this kit. seems to me your new to unreal engine am i right?
          Yeah im pretty new in the unreal engine

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
            UPDATE 2: Advanced Social System

I am making headway, still a few issues I need to deal with but I am on it. Here is a little screenshot...

Nemodain

Thanks for the awesome serious
            any news on the 2nd part soon?
            Game Designer @ Masked Pharaohs ..
            I'm Providing Arabic Support For Any One ..

Comment

Originally posted by LinaCrysta View Post
              Yeah im pretty new in the unreal engine

Well, welcome to the clan man.... Congratz on your kit... Looking forward to screenies
              Clifford Brock

Comment

Hi Sean (or anyone, really!),

I'm running into the thing where every time I make a change to MMOCharacter, Unreal crashes hard after trying to play in editor. After I restart, it runs fine with the changes, but it's becoming impossible to work with this file. I tried removing the DollMap and re-adding it, but it's still Crashy McCrasherface. Was there anything else you might have done?

I'll probably poke CS about this eventually, but didn't want to bother him if other folks have a solution already.
                Last edited by Terpsychore; 05-13-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                  Well, welcome to the clan man.... Congratz on your kit... Looking forward to screenies
                  Thank you I appreciate it!

Comment

Hello, I have a problem. "Development Server" is not shown as an option.

someone has the problem also? and perhaps a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Terpsychore View Post
                      Hi Sean (or anyone, really!),

I'm running into the thing where every time I make a change to MMOCharacter, Unreal crashes hard after trying to play in editor. After I restart, it runs fine with the changes, but it's becoming impossible to work with this file. I tried removing the DollMap and re-adding it, but it's still Crashy McCrasherface. Was there anything else you might have done?

I'll probably poke CS about this eventually, but didn't want to bother him if other folks have a solution already.
                      Yeah, I've noticed that changes to the MMOCharacter prompt a warning that its referenced outside, then tries to rebuild. Then everything is messed up.

What I've been wondering is has anyone been able to successfully change the character model/mesh? How they went about it? I setup a level between character creation and entering the world, where one can play with a model with target morphs.. then enter the mmoinstance from there. Two problems, can't seem to set it to be the used character model (can successfully tweak the model, the idea being that the value set by the player for the target morphs get stored in the character info in mysql later as well as what player model set at the creation and morph tweaking screen) and two, kind of hard to test the ability to go from start to creation to that inbetween level to mmoinstance, when you cannot enter the world that way in the editor.

Any advice from some of yall who have been playing with this more?
                      Last edited by 6gg Studios; 05-13-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rift Keeper View Post
                        Yeah, I've noticed that changes to the MMOCharacter prompt a warning that its referenced outside, then tries to rebuild. Then everything is messed up.

What I've been wondering is has anyone been able to successfully change the character model/mesh? How they went about it? I setup a level between character creation and entering the world, where one can play with a model with target morphs.. then enter the mmoinstance from there. Two problems, can't seem to set it to be the used character model (can successfully tweak the model, the idea being that the value set by the player for the target morphs get stored in the character info in mysql later as well as what player model set at the creation and morph tweaking screen) and two, kind of hard to test the ability to go from start to creation to that inbetween level to mmoinstance, when you cannot enter the world that way in the editor.

Any advice from some of yall who have been playing with this more?
                        Follow Nemodain's tutorial on changing the character. It follows the official docs. The ModularPlayerCharacter is the one that you should be working with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYe0uy78cX4

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                          Follow Nemodain's tutorial on changing the character. It follows the official docs. The ModularPlayerCharacter is the one that you should be working with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYe0uy78cX4
                          Oh sweet! thanks lol.. I thought MMOCharacter was the main show. I'll check that out for sure.

Comment

So I'm trying to add custom artwork to the launcher, and I don't see anything in the documentation about this. Anyone else have any luck with that?

Comment

Hey, im working on a top down game (like Diablo 3/Dota 2) but want to make it a open map mmo (like World of warcraft). Is this what im looking for?

Comment

it is just me but i have this kit and the mana function seems to be out i can basically just mass cast a spell and it costs no mana nor has a cooldown... ?

Comment

Working...
                                X