Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seandennis View Post
    Here is my Prototype at this stage.
    That is looking cool Sean, I see you have been working hard also, keep us updated on your project!

Nemo
    Last edited by Nemodain; 05-06-2016, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
      The goal I think will be to try and do that yes, tie the AdvSocSys to the existing chat, I am getting more of a grasp on how things work with each day of working on it, but I may run into something I haven't foreseen yet to complicate things. Soon as I get something working I'll start the second video, just bear with me, this is one tough cookie.

Nemodain
      I have the AdvSocSys working in one of my other projects and I had to make some changes to get it to function properly. I believe those changes were necessitated by the structure of my project, however, and I am going to avoid a similar structure as I begin work on the MMOSK.

I've started looking at the C# for the chat server and I am going to attempt to make changes to align it to the messages passed by the AdvSocSys. I asked CS and he said this use was allowed as long as I use it in my own project.

I'm not an experienced programmer and this will be a learning experience for me. I'll be looking forward to your video on making the connection.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
        I have the AdvSocSys working in one of my other projects and I had to make some changes to get it to function properly. I believe those changes were necessitated by the structure of my project, however, and I am going to avoid a similar structure as I begin work on the MMOSK.

I've started looking at the C# for the chat server and I am going to attempt to make changes to align it to the messages passed by the AdvSocSys. I asked CS and he said this use was allowed as long as I use it in my own project.

I'm not an experienced programmer and this will be a learning experience for me. I'll be looking forward to your video on making the connection.
        You may have to give me some pointers.

Comment

You may have to give me some pointers.
          Pirate has been very helpful with integrating the AdvSocSys and the ARPGIS and he provides excellent support.

WIP Thread

Comment

UPDATE!

I fixed the compass video I uploaded that had bad sound if anyone wants to view it now, I apologize for the issue.

Free Compass intergrate with MMO Kit

Nemodain

Comment

UPDATE 2: Advanced Social System

I am making headway, still a few issues I need to deal with but I am on it. Here is a little screenshot...

Nemodain
              [MENTION=25759]Nemodain[/MENTION]

I was just about to start trying this (merge both systems). I saw your first video but will definitely check it out later with more time. *anxious for part 2* goodjob-

Comment

Now whenever i launch the Dedicated Server i get
                Hi pankuma,

From the screenshot it seems like you're launching the server .exe from the wrong folder. I recommend following the "Dedicated Server and Packaging" part of the guide again, the idea is that you should copy the server.exe from the project folder to the packaged game's folder and launch it from the game's folder.

By the way, feel free to contact me on Skype (CodeSpartan) for quicker support.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin
                Character Customization: Female
                Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                  Hey everyone,

I know people in this thread are making fairly large worlds with MMO Kit. check out this pull request on Github

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2359

It allows for world origin rebasing in Unreal. Give it your support if you have the time.

Hey Headclot. Long time no see post from ..

I have to ask.. What is rebasing ?
                  Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                  Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Nemo.

I can't thank you enough for the Compass video. Not only did it show me what I was doing wrong.. it exposed me to a number of other cool things. moving windows to the tabs at the top. How to add those little blue boxes under user created content. Really a learning video that changed my understanding of how to use both the engine and the kit.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
                    Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                      Hey Headclot. Long time no see post from ..

I have to ask.. What is rebasing ?
                      World Origin Rebasing is a way to make is so that the player or players are always at the origin of the world (0,0,0). Was not usable for Multiplayer games until this pull request.
                      In short you can have a massive world using the world composition toolset.

That is it in a nutshell

Comment

TY HC.. But, I don't understand... why would we want players at 0,0,0 isn't that just one place on a map.. (or one corner) could we not just put a spawn point to 0.0.0 ?
                        Clifford Brock

Comment

TY HC.. But, I don't understand... why would we want players at 0,0,0 isn't that just one place on a map.. (or one corner) could we not just put a spawn point to 0.0.0 ?
                          In a very large map, when you get very far from the origin, say toward the edges of the map, Floating Point Precision errors begin to occur. This results in screwed up animations & etc. Without rebasing, you will not be able to use these very large maps, meaning that your MMO cannot be a seamless open world.

WIP Thread

Comment

Oh... ty for the help Rhynedahll
                            Clifford Brock

Comment

Nemo.

I can't thank you enough for the Compass video. Not only did it show me what I was doing wrong.. it exposed me to a number of other cool things. moving windows to the tabs at the top. How to add those little blue boxes under user created content. Really a learning video that changed my understanding of how to use both the engine and the kit.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
                              Tarly,

You are most welcome, the videos help me learn and understand as I try and piece them together, so hopefully we all benefit. I see some great talent on here and imagine there is even more behind the scenes that do not post. I can't wait to see more pictures or images pop up from the developers as time progress and we all learn more and more.

UPDATE: I am still working on the AdvSocSys, this is pushing my limited brain power to tackle on merging them, I think I am making headway slowly.

Nemodain

Comment

Hello Im about to buy this but im wondering is it possible to do a basic mmo with this kit ((im not aiming for anything huge or anything)).and can i use models from other 3d software into this? thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X