No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep getting errors when trying to build the dedicated server.

Output Log 1>------ Skipped Build: Project: ShaderCompileWorker, Configuration: Development_Program x64 ------
    1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
    2>------ Build started: Project: CleanThirdPerson, Configuration: Development_Server x64 ------
    2> Creating makefile for CleanThirdPersonServer (no existing makefile)
    2> Messages while compiling C:\Release-1.4\MMOStarterKit-1.4\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\CleanThirdPersonModuleRules.dll:
    2>c:\Release-1.4\MMOStarterKit-1.4\Plugins\VaRest\Source\VaRestPlugin\VaRestPlugin.Build.cs(11,48): warning CS0612: 'UnrealBuildTool.RulesCompiler.GetModuleFilename(string)' is obsolete
    2> Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
    2> Building UnrealHeaderTool...
    2> Creating makefile for UnrealHeaderTool (no existing makefile)
    2> Target is up to date
    2> Parsing headers for CleanThirdPersonServer
    2> Running UnrealHeaderTool "C:\Release-1.4\MMOStarterKit-1.4\CleanThirdPerson.uproject" "C:\Release-1.4\MMOStarterKit-1.4\Intermediate\Build\Win64\CleanThirdPersonServer\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Json/VaRestJsonObject.h(20) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Json/VaRestJsonValue.h(39) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Json/VaRestJsonValue.h(43) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Json/VaRestJsonValue.h(47) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Json/VaRestJsonValue.h(51) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Json/VaRestJsonValue.h(55) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Json/VaRestRequestJSON.h(48) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Json/VaRestRequestJSON.h(52) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2> C:/Release-1.4/MMOStarterKit-1.4/Plugins/VaRest/Source/VaRestPlugin/Classes/Parse/VaRestParseManager.h(17) : LogCompile:Error: Remapping old metadata key 'FriendlyName' to new key 'DisplayName', please update the declaration.
    2>Error : Failed to generate code for CleanThirdPersonServer - error code: OtherCompilationError (5)
    2> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'CleanThirdPersonServer' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Release-1.4\MMOStarterKit-1.4\Intermediate\Build\Win64\CleanThirdPersonServer\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
    2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:\Users\bender\Downloads\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat CleanThirdPersonServer Win64 Development "C:\Release-1.4\MMOStarterKit-1.4\CleanThirdPerson.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code -1.
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

What could have caused this?

Comment

Scratch that, i restarted from scratch and now we have

2>Error : Failed to generate code for CleanThirdPersonServer - error code: OtherCompilationError (5)
      2> UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'CleanThirdPersonServer' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\bender\Documents\Unreal Projects\Release-1.4\MMOStarterKit-1.4\Intermediate\Build\Win64\CleanThirdPersonServer\Development\UnrealHeaderTool.manifest).
      2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(37,5): error MSB3073: The command "C:\Users\bender\Downloads\UnrealEngine-release\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat CleanThirdPersonServer Win64 Development "C:\Users\bender\Documents\Unreal Projects\Release-1.4\MMOStarterKit-1.4\CleanThirdPerson.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code -1.
      ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Why does no one else have these problems?

Comment

pankuma,

I see your using version 1.4 of the MMO Kit, what Engine version are you using?

If your using Engine Version 4.11 then you need to be using MMO Kit version 1.5.

Go back up on sellfy and download the latest version of the MMO Kit.

Hope that helps.

Nemodain

Comment

Just an update on the advanced social system, somehow I have the 'can't build lights swarm failed to kick off' issue again. Spent the morning fixing that, had to rebuild the Engine and go down inside it and build UnrealLightmass.

I will begin working on the second video and try and get that up soon as possible.

In the meantime be sure to check out latest news on Project Genom, the project based off this awesome kit we are using. Awesome that they are on MMORPG, great job CodeSpartan!LINK

Might put some motivation in you, did me.

Nemodain

Comment

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone can help. I have compiled everything for running a dedicated server and bought myself a basic softlayer server however when i go to run the server package on the actual VPS i dont get anything happening, it doesnt even load up the program. I have installed the redistributable files and I have the .net framework installed. The chat server runs fine but the game server doesnt run at all and nothing is logged. Is this a permission/firewall issue or do i need a specific feature on the server, is it because its a VPS not a bare metal server and doesnt have a GPU?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by jonny2027 View Post
              Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone can help. I have compiled everything for running a dedicated server and bought myself a basic softlayer server however when i go to run the server package on the actual VPS i dont get anything happening, it doesnt even load up the program. I have installed the redistributable files and I have the .net framework installed. The chat server runs fine but the game server doesnt run at all and nothing is logged. Is this a permission/firewall issue or do i need a specific feature on the server, is it because its a VPS not a bare metal server and doesnt have a GPU?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Jonathan
              I haven't done any of the VPS stuff yet, might want to go over the documentation again see if anything you might of missed.

CodeSpartan mentions Windows Server VPS being the install instructions and that a Linux server may work, I assume your on Windows Server?

Install the prerequisites located in your packaged game’s folder Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us. Did that have any errors or problems?

Copy the ip of your VPS to mmogetserver.php script. Double check your ip for typos.

If that all doesn't help jump up on Skype and see if CodeSpartan might have an idea what's going on, best way to get in contact.

Hope that helps.

Nemodain

Comment

UPDATE 2: Advanced Social System

I am making headway, still a few issues I need to deal with but I am on it. Here is a little screenshot...

Nemodain
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Nemodain; 05-05-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah Nemo, i found a 4.10.2 source and i used that, some of my other bps dont work with 4.11.

I'm just learning this engine, i came from using Adobe Director and Lingo so this is a huge difference.

Now whenever i launch the Dedicated Server i getClick image for larger version

Name:	Server Error.png
Views:	1
Size:	496.4 KB
ID:	1105996 Not quite sure, but i keep plugging away at it. Any hints?

Comment

Hey everyone,

I know people in this thread are making fairly large worlds with MMO Kit. check out this pull request on Github

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2359

It allows for world origin rebasing in Unreal. Give it your support if you have the time.

Comment

pankuma,

Might want to go through the videos I have made, it's on a playlist so just click play from there.

Link is in my signature and here is another. LINK

Nemodain

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                        Hey everyone,

I know people in this thread are making fairly large worlds with MMO Kit. check out this pull request on Github

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/2359

It allows for world origin rebasing in Unreal. Give it your support if you have the time.
                        That is just awesome HeadClot, thanks for the link, everyone give this some support if you can.

Nemo

Comment

Alright Thanks Nemo, i watched a few at home, but that was before i used the correct source. Now they will make more sense i think. Im thinking maybe its because i packaged the files wrong? I didn't uncheck that box or check the full rebuild box, so maybe that did it?

Edit: Nope, darn. Ill just redo it from scratch again, maybe i skipped a step.
                          Last edited by pankuma; 05-05-2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Prototyping a 3d menu UI for my VR MMO. Its just basic at the moment, it uses gamepad control with the gamepad special right button to open the menu and lock camera and character movement so the gamepad can control menu functions. Here is a video that goes through the basics that someone else has gone through to implement it into their game.

Here is my Prototype at this stage.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Prototyping 3d UI.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1106001

Now I'm going to create a copy of my work folder and try to implement this type with the UMG widgets that CS has supplied. If I break it, its only a copy of the work folder. But if it works then I'll implement it in just in case I add variables and functions that aren't need. I'll post how I go.
                            Last edited by seandennis; 05-06-2016, 02:22 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=25759]Nemodain[/MENTION]

Do you intend to tie the AdvSocSys chat into CS's chat server?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                                [MENTION=25759]Nemodain[/MENTION]

Do you intend to tie the AdvSocSys chat into CS's chat server?
                                The goal I think will be to try and do that yes, tie the AdvSocSys to the existing chat, I am getting more of a grasp on how things work with each day of working on it, but I may run into something I haven't foreseen yet to complicate things. Soon as I get something working I'll start the second video, just bear with me, this is one tough cookie.

Nemodain

Comment

Working...
                                X