No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome job Sean, I definitely want to check that out, still wrestling the Advanced Social System and a computer that decided to throw a temper tantrum last night, had a USB port decide to get a hiccup and go through the install/uninstall loop. Ka-Blink, Ka-Blunk.. that gets on your nerves after about 2 hours.

Nemo

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
      Awesome job Sean, I definitely want to check that out, still wrestling the Advanced Social System and a computer that decided to throw a temper tantrum last night, had a USB port decide to get a hiccup and go through the install/uninstall loop. Ka-Blink, Ka-Blunk.. that gets on your nerves after about 2 hours.

Nemo
      yeah that happens on my computer sometimes, I just do a run trouble shoot and finds it again. But if its constantly doing it, it maybe a manufacturer problem.

Comment

Originally posted by seandennis View Post
        yeah that happens on my computer sometimes, I just do a run trouble shoot and finds it again. But if its constantly doing it, it maybe a manufacturer problem.
        I finally fixed it with using these 2 methods.

1.) Show Hidden devices- Method 9 on this LINK

2.) Use external program to see all installed USB devices and uninstall them with this external program. LINK

I linked them for you if you have the issue.

Hey! Can you show me some screenshots on how you edited the Cast to MMOPlayerCharacter, I found the section, but I am getting errors when I use Cast to MMOPlayerCharacter.

thanks,

Nemo

Comment

I finally fixed it with using these 2 methods.

1.) Show Hidden devices- Method 9 on this LINK

2.) Use external program to see all installed USB devices and uninstall them with this external program. LINK

I linked them for you if you have the issue.

Hey! Can you show me some screenshots on how you edited the Cast to MMOPlayerCharacter, I found the section, but I am getting errors when I use Cast to MMOPlayerCharacter.

thanks,

Nemo
          Ok Nemodain, here is the 2 screenshots

This is in the MMOPlayerController>RightClick. you will open it up and see the error on the TryToLoot function.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	mmoplayercontrollerrightclick1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	423.4 KB
ID:	1105906

This is the MacroLibrary>MMOPlayerCharacter. you will see the Cast To Character error, you want to do a Cast To MMOPlayerCharacter. It fixed the error for me

Name:	macrolibrarymmoplayercharacter.jpg
Size:	343.1 KB
ID:	1105907

Comment

Has anyone done any work with adding armor meshes for equipped armor to the modular player char, specifically weapons? I'm about to get back into trying to set this up properly, previous attempt did aweird method in blueprints where I simply replaced entire player mesh with combinations of equipped armor, which worked but was severly limited and also had great difficulty getting weapon mesh added on equip. And none of this was using modular sections of the player char, just individual full meshes. Just figured I'd ask before jumping back to it!

Comment

Sean,

Thank you so much, after seeing your images it helped me chase down the issue, basically I needed to convert the Cast to a pure cast, that was the step I was missing.

Name:	cast_error.jpg
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	1105921

Nemodain

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
                Has anyone done any work with adding armor meshes for equipped armor to the modular player char, specifically weapons? I'm about to get back into trying to set this up properly, previous attempt did aweird method in blueprints where I simply replaced entire player mesh with combinations of equipped armor, which worked but was severly limited and also had great difficulty getting weapon mesh added on equip. And none of this was using modular sections of the player char, just individual full meshes. Just figured I'd ask before jumping back to it!
                I think generally you'll want to add mounts to the the skeleton system that will allow you to equip weapons. I am not sure if you have seen the Action RPG System, but I think that is what he is doing inside there. After I wrestle the Advance Social System from the same guy into the MMO Kit I want to migrate that one in myself.

Here is the link to it: Action RPG System

Might give you some ideas, hope that helps.

Nemodain

Comment

[MENTION=25759]Nemodain[/MENTION] Good stuff. Glad you were able to figure it out as well. Thanks for creating a tutorial for others. Sadly, I don't have the prowess required to efficiently teach people without forgetting steps, or missing something entirely. I was just about to post screenshots and say take it from there haha.
                  Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Hmm cool I'll check that out, thanks nemo

Comment

Originally posted by Arixsus View Post
                      [MENTION=25759]Nemodain[/MENTION] Good stuff. Glad you were able to figure it out as well. Thanks for creating a tutorial for others. Sadly, I don't have the prowess required to efficiently teach people without forgetting steps, or missing something entirely. I was just about to post screenshots and say take it from there haha.
                      The videos actually help me learn more as I have to try and recreate the stuff on the fly while filming. You should see the boo boo's and mistakes I make, maybe I should make a outtake video.(hee hee)

Nemo

Comment

I think generally you'll want to add mounts to the the skeleton system that will allow you to equip weapons. I am not sure if you have seen the Action RPG System, but I think that is what he is doing inside there. After I wrestle the Advance Social System from the same guy into the MMO Kit I want to migrate that one in myself.

Nemodain
                        If it's not too much trouble, could you add the ARPGIS to your project that already has the AdvSocSys rather than a clean MMO-Starter-Kit project?

I've had some difficulties integrating both into a single project and I'm hoping that your take on it will help me discover my errors.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                          If it's not too much trouble, could you add the ARPGIS to your project that already has the AdvSocSys rather than a clean MMO-Starter-Kit project?

I've had some difficulties integrating both into a single project and I'm hoping that your take on it will help me discover my errors.
                          Goal is to get the Advanced Social System integrated with the clean MMO Kit, then to migrate the ARPGIS into the same Project with the Advanced Social System. I probably will try and migrate just the ARPGIS into a blank kit for myself to learn what is going on. The video will focus on both System kits in the same MMO Kit.

That is a big task, as I am new to UE4, so bear with me, but I will share any progress I make.

Nemodain

Comment

Goal is to get the Advanced Social System integrated with the clean MMO Kit, then to migrate the ARPGIS into the same Project with the Advanced Social System. I probably will try and migrate just the ARPGIS into a blank kit for myself to learn what is going on. The video will focus on both System kits in the same MMO Kit.

That is a big task, as I am new to UE4, so bear with me, but I will share any progress I make.

Nemodain
                            Excellent!

WIP Thread

Comment

Hey Everyone,

I had a request for a video showing migrating the Free Compass into the MMO Kit, so with out any further a do here it is...

My Video:Free Compass intergrate with MMO Kit

Link to Free Compass: Compass for FPS and TPS (free)

Some reason the mic recorded extremely low, I apologize for that and am looking into the issue now.

Nemodain
                              Last edited by Nemodain; 05-06-2016, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Nemodain
                                OMG, I love you...

Comment

Working...
                                X