MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
    I have no clue what I be doing wrong, I did a search for you and then clicked contact request sent. I sent you a screenshot in private message.

Darkkitten sent me a request I have not seen yet either. Mind boggle it is Yoda say.

Nemo

UPDATE: I turned on IM's with Skype and will have it open if you wanna try and send me a instant message.
    OK. Nemo.. we came home early from Tombstone.. It was windy and the Guns fights were not going on. Had a nice lunch at the Crystal Place. The Saloon girls were workin their tails off as it was very busy. Bought the wife some turquoise ear rings... all in all a good day to not work on the MMO kit.

I will try PMing ya in skype..

HEY Gerrod. You still haunting this forum?
    Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
    Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
      OK. Nemo.. we came home early from Tombstone.. It was windy and the Guns fights were not going on. Had a nice lunch at the Crystal Place. The Saloon girls were workin their tails off as it was very busy. Bought the wife some turquoise ear rings... all in all a good day to not work on the MMO kit.

I will try PMing ya in skype..

Sounds like a cool place to go, just got back myself. I'll be around to IM on skype.

Nemo

Comment

Always so excited to come on to this thread, and see updates!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post

Yes but must learn a lot so i didn't have much time at moment

Comment

Has anyone tried to add gamepad support yet. I'm in the process of doing it. I've broken the project 3 times already, Lucky I have a master for backup. My plan is to do the input and UI like Elder Scrolls Online (console) As I'm making my MMO Game for VR only (PC).

Comment

Originally posted by Arixsus View Post
              Update: I have been able to get the Advanced Social System integrated into the MMO Kit (sans chat server). It took me several hours but I got it. Whispers, Party, Guild and chat channels work. I do have some minor issues that relate to guild, but other then that it works. The issue I have with guilds is that I need to run a php script at the start of the server that builds an array of all guilds in the DB and adds them to the gamestate guilds array. Sounds easy, but my phpscript isn't working as intended. Instead of bashing my head against the wall for several hours again, I've decided to back burner that until I can have my buddy review my script and move onto other features.

Other features: I have integrated sloppily for testing the Action RPG system. As of right now I store player inventory in the DB in the same manner as the MMO kit ships with, but from there I pull the ID's in player state and run them against the data table to populate the inventory. I am not sure if this is actually acceptable for release or not. Considering that most likely what I need to do is store the whole item table in a MySQL table and not locally on the server via data tables( and init them via script at server start similar to how guilds would work). Considering that CodeSpartan stored item information in Item Data bp's I think it is ok, but I dunno. I would love to hear there thoughts.
              I'd like to keep abreast of this development.

I have both the SocSys and the ARPGINVSYS and have plans to get the MMO Kit.

Are you going to publish your work?
              Do you have a chat ?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by seandennis View Post
                Has anyone tried to add gamepad support yet. I'm in the process of doing it. I've broken the project 3 times already, Lucky I have a master for backup. My plan is to do the input and UI like Elder Scrolls Online (console) As I'm making my MMO Game for VR only (PC).
                Shouldn't be too hard to do. Input for movement and stuff should be pretty easy. The hardest part would be using a gamepad to interface to with a UI, but luckily Rama has made a nice plugin that you can use to make UIs easier to handle with thumbsticks.

As for sharing what I have so far with integration, I will in the future, but it has to be cleaned up and I don't really have the time to try and support people that are experiencing issues with it.
                Last edited by Arixsus; 05-02-2016, 11:14 AM.
                Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Shouldn't be too hard to do. Input for movement and stuff should be pretty easy. The hardest part would be using a gamepad to interface to with a UI, but luckily Rama has made a nice plugin that you can use to make UIs easier to handle with thumbsticks.

As for sharing what I have so far with integration, I will in the future, but it has to be cleaned up and I don't really have the time to try and support people that are experiencing issues with it.
                  I won't be using the gamepad plugin for UI. Because its VR the widgets have to be a 3d widget and I'm going to have to them as a scrolled UI with thumbstick up and down and select and back. It will take time.

Comment

No need to offer support.

I was thinking in terms of a tutorial.

I would even be willing to pay any reasonable amount for a written or video step-by-step tutorial on integrating Pirate's systems into the MMO Starter Kit. Perhaps others would be as well.

WIP Thread

Comment

Hey Everyone,

This is my attempt at merging the Advanced Social System with the MMO Kit, in this first video I am only following the tutorial from the maker on getting them together. I am posting the video to help others that might be trying to tackle this project.

The next videos will be to try and clean up any errors and get complete functionality out of the Advanced Social System. Post any comments or feedback and let me know something I may have missed or done wrong.

Advanced Social System Integration to MMO Kit (Part 1 of Part 3)

WARNING! Please backup your work before attempting to Merge these kits, it has a great chance of crashing, mine did!

Nemodain
                      Last edited by Nemodain; 05-02-2016, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Dude. That is cool.. I don't have the kit yet, but, I am following your progress closely.

T.
                        Clifford Brock

Comment

Guys,

As I have said many times, I am just a Dad trying to make something for my kids and their friends to enjoy... And I have to tell you, there are a number of great people here willing to help each other out, and share ideas.

If you have not bought the kit, and you are thinking about getting it.... I HIGHLY recommend you read thru this whole thread, and see how people are using the kit and how people help one another here. It is Truly inspiring.
                          Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
                            Hey Everyone,

This is my attempt at merging the Advanced Social System with the MMO Kit, in this first video I am only following the tutorial from the maker on getting them together. I am posting the video to help others that might be trying to tackle this project.

The next videos will be to try and clean up any errors and get complete functionality out of the Advanced Social System. Post any comments or feedback and let me know something I may have missed or done wrong.

Advanced Social System Integration to MMO Kit (Part 1 of Part 3)

WARNING! Please backup your work before attempting to Merge these kits, it has a great chance of crashing, mine did!

Nemodain
                            Thank you very much!

WIP Thread

Comment

well I broke it again, I added gamepad right trigger to attack and removed pins for AutoAttack in the MMOCharacter blueprint, it broke the blueprint and I started to get a Cast to NPC error in Abilities function and crashed the editor on PIE. I think what is the problem is that the NPC Bandits are using the same Blueprint which is causing the error, as the AutoAttack custom event is also firing the NPC combat Anime and damage stats.

Comment

Originally posted by seandennis View Post
                                well I broke it again, I added gamepad right trigger to attack and removed pins for AutoAttack in the MMOCharacter blueprint, it broke the blueprint and I started to get a Cast to NPC error in Abilities function and crashed the editor on PIE. I think what is the problem is that the NPC Bandits are using the same Blueprint which is causing the error, as the AutoAttack custom event is also firing the NPC combat Anime and damage stats.
                                Ok, so I have got some gamepad support added, the gamepad right trigger is now firing the players attack, but I haven't added on death stop attack anime. Also I found what is causing the editor to crash after modifying MMOCharacter blueprint, its the DollMap. I have to remove it from persistent level and then add it back again. here is some of the blueprints, I have added stuff for VR and while test in between visual scripting. I get distracted and was running around the map killing the Bandits and enjoying playing it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mmocharactereventgraph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	371.1 KB
ID:	1105871

Name:	mmoplayercontrollereventgraph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	1105872

Name:	mmoplayercontrollerrightclick.jpg