No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not approached him about it yet.. we are waiting first on Nemo's guy... and, second, giving it some time so others can have time to read the post and respond if they want to be a part of it

Who's Pirate ?
    Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
    Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
      I have not approached him about it yet.. we are waiting first on Nemo's guy... and, second, giving it some time so others can have time to read the post and respond if they want to be a part of it

Who's Pirate ?
      The guy who made advanced social marketplace asset

Comment

Very cool....
        Clifford Brock

Comment

I decided to go back to working on integrating Advanced Social System after discovering I missed a crucial step in loading player data. So from what I can see, you have to populate the "Guilds" on server load via gamestate since you can't really rely on the data table anymore. Parties aren't stored in MySQL because there is no need. The part that I was having an issue with was using GetCharacter to write information for player state that is used to add a player to the players array in GameState. Which then a "LoadPlayer" function runs on player controller on begin play that goes to GameState and finds the players index in the players array and loads from there.

As for the chat server it requires heavy modification as well as ChatConnect which needs only a bit. I think what needs to happen is to not use "Server Send Message" in socialsystemcomponent and instead cast to chatconnect and use its send/receive functions that hit the chat server. Groups and Guilds are a whole different story. If my theory on this is correct, then only chatconnect and the chat server needed to be modified to follow suite and use different variable parameters. I am open to crowd sourcing a resolution for this even if it was sold as an add-on by CS(If they were willing).
          Last edited by Arixsus; 04-27-2016, 01:37 PM.
          Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Who's Pirate ?
            Heard form my guy this morning, been at Dentist all day, (boo) was a no go, he is not going to be able to do it, so time to go a different route. I'll support what ever we want to do.

Nemo

Comment

OK bud...

Matt, Do you know Pirate?
              Clifford Brock

Comment

Hey Nemo.. I dropped you a private message.
                Clifford Brock

Comment

Hey Nemo.. I dropped you a private message.
                  Roger Dodger!

Reply sent!

Comment

Hi,

i try to add my 4.8 project to the 4.11 kit version. I have start to add my change on the BP but i have an accessed none problem for a widget access.

My widget is exactly the same on 4.8 and 4.11.
                    The 4.8 work well but in the 4.11 v all work except the visibility part.
                    I also try to copy the 4.8 BP widget to the 4.11 but i have se same accessed problem.

Anyone allready have this problem ? or a solution ?

Thx

Click image for larger version

Name:	Widget error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1105611

Name:	Widget error 2.jpg
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1105612

Name:	Widget error 3.jpg
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	1105613

Name:	Widget error 4.jpg
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	1105614
                    Last edited by Meriamon; 04-30-2016, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Meriamon,

I am not sure what to do for you on that one, I do know the MMO Kit by itself works in 4.11, I have compiled it a bunch. If your edits from 4.8 are causing an error, then you must figure whatever change you have made in 4.8 doesn't like 4.11.

Did you use migrate to move your stuff from 4.8 to 4.11? Perhaps you missed some files that didn't link proper.

Did you just try and update your 4.8 project by Switching Unreal Engine versions to 4.11 using the Project File in your Project?

Name:	switch_version.jpg
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1105673

Might want to try a Switch Unreal Engine Version change to version 4.10 and see if something in 4.11 change is causing the error. You should have a GitHub version around for the 1.4 kit, if not might want to grab one and compile and try.

Worse case scenario you might have to rebuild your work manually inside 4.11, the part giving you the error, so you can see what might be causing the problem.

Hope this helps with some ideas.

Good luck, I know it can be frustrating.

Nemodain

Comment

Let's wrestle this Advanced Social System into submission, I have put my Terrain building on the back burner, 9 hour build last night and was still only half way. Used 4033 x 4033 Height-Maps.

Here is image with 2017 X 2017 Height-maps.

Name:	IslandTest_4_29_reduced.jpg
Size:	321.4 KB
ID:	1105677

Drop any hints or ideas on the Advanced Social System if you have them, reading over the forum post on it now and watching video.

Nemodain

Comment

Hey Nemo,

I am not going to be around Sunday. We are going to Tombstone for the day... I'll try and catch ya Monday. I never saw the ionvite come thru from you on Skype.

Peace
                          Clifford Brock

Comment

Hey Nemo,

I am not going to be around Sunday. We are going to Tombstone for the day... I'll try and catch ya Monday. I never saw the ionvite come thru from you on Skype.

Peace
                            I have no clue what I be doing wrong, I did a search for you and then clicked contact request sent. I sent you a screenshot in private message.

Darkkitten sent me a request I have not seen yet either. Mind boggle it is Yoda say.

Nemo

UPDATE: I turned on IM's with Skype and will have it open if you wanna try and send me a instant message.
                            Last edited by Nemodain; 05-01-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Update: I have been able to get the Advanced Social System integrated into the MMO Kit (sans chat server). It took me several hours but I got it. Whispers, Party, Guild and chat channels work. I do have some minor issues that relate to guild, but other then that it works. The issue I have with guilds is that I need to run a php script at the start of the server that builds an array of all guilds in the DB and adds them to the gamestate guilds array. Sounds easy, but my phpscript isn't working as intended. Instead of bashing my head against the wall for several hours again, I've decided to back burner that until I can have my buddy review my script and move onto other features.

Other features: I have integrated sloppily for testing the Action RPG system. As of right now I store player inventory in the DB in the same manner as the MMO kit ships with, but from there I pull the ID's in player state and run them against the data table to populate the inventory. I am not sure if this is actually acceptable for release or not. Considering that most likely what I need to do is store the whole item table in a MySQL table and not locally on the server via data tables( and init them via script at server start similar to how guilds would work). Considering that CodeSpartan stored item information in Item Data bp's I think it is ok, but I dunno. I would love to hear there thoughts.
                              Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Arixsus,

That sounds awesome, nice job getting it to work. Do you plan to share the info with us folks that have the kits?

I would imagine for release it would have to move away from data tables, aren't they stored locally? Anything them hackers can get to they seem to get to, Black Desert Online just had a big issue, they apparently are storing player stats on the client so naturally it's been hacked with God mode already.

Nemo

Comment

Working...
                                X