No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome Gerrod, thanks for the heads up, have to take a look and compare them. I am working on my terrain at the moment so I want to wrap that up before moving over to the Social System.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
      Any chance a number of us would consider banning together, and as a group asking CS about the group donating the money for CS to buy the advanced Soc System. And asking him to intergrate it into a copy of the kit and document how he did it. For a fee of course.

Just an idea
      I would be down for this

Comment

Cool Matt. I'll add you to the list, and if it looks like we might need CS's help... I'll PM each person that has shown interest, so we can make a plan.
        Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
        Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

I would also be up for donating toward an integration of a more advanced social system.

Comment

Oh Nemo, regarding optimization of the landscape automaterial package, I attempted it several more times, and although I was able to reduce densities of foliage to near zero and get large terrains working with pretty decent framerates, I decided tocut my losses for now and revert back to my nice very large landscape with simple desert texturing based on slope. Again though, I don't really know what I'm doing, so there could be some key optimization options that I wasn't able to make because I either couldn't locate their settings or didn't understand how to adjust them properly. But I've put it on hold for now. Back to the desert for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Piepants View Post
              Oh Nemo, regarding optimization of the landscape automaterial package, I attempted it several more times, and although I was able to reduce densities of foliage to near zero and get large terrains working with pretty decent framerates, I decided tocut my losses for now and revert back to my nice very large landscape with simple desert texturing based on slope. Again though, I don't really know what I'm doing, so there could be some key optimization options that I wasn't able to make because I either couldn't locate their settings or didn't understand how to adjust them properly. But I've put it on hold for now. Back to the desert for me!
              Alright, good to know, always the good stuff never wants to play nice with others. Working with some terrain right now myself, not quit to the stage of needing trees and grass. Thanks for the heads up.

Nemo

Comment

I am missing OSX implementation of the Launcher.
                Has anyone compiled it sucessfully under OSX?
                I would also be interested in chipping in for a Advanced Sosial System integration that allready supports OSX
                Are there no one else than me targeting the Mac platform here?

Comment

Originally posted by Arixsus View Post
                  Economy Suite should be a lot easier to integrate, I think the hardest part of that will be moving the auction house to MySQL, but I haven't really looked at it much since I bought it.
                  Yeah, loading the item database from Mysql might be the harder part..

Comment

Originally posted by lubitel View Post
                    I would also be interested in chipping in for a Advanced Sosial System integration that allready supports OSX
                    Currently a little bit busy with school, but I want to target Mac and Windows for the client and Linux for the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkkitten View Post
                      Yeah, loading the item database from Mysql might be the harder part..
                      That actually shouldn't be hard honestly. I've already moved my items away from the default item data, but this requires a complete overhaul of the inventory system. Considering the ActionRPG Inventory System and the Economy suite both use data tables based on stucts; if you find a median between the two, you could allow them both to work together. The idea here being that you replace Economy Suites Item struct with the ActionRPG Inventory Item struct and modify economy suite to use it. From there instead of actually using the data tables (you cant actually write to them at run time), you create the item tables in MySQL and you pull them out via ID, as well as this could allow you to dynamically add items to the item DB as well.

You could keep data tables intact, and just right the item ID's/Slots/Amount to the inventory table in MySQL, and when you GetCharacter, you use an array/for each and grab those ID's and pull them from the Data Table to repopulate the inventory.

From there, the Auction House DB should just store item ID's/Amount/Seller/Value etc etc which would create a "Global Auction House". You could break up Auction houses into multiple tables or multiple AH ID's as well and create more localized versions giving each AH its own inventory.
                      Last edited by Arixsus; 04-26-2016, 01:23 PM.
                      Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Well since I don't own ActionRPG, just the MMO Kit, and Economy Suite, I think I might go the route of moving the Item Table to mysql and converting the Inventory system of Economy Suite to work with the MMO Kit.

Comment

Originally posted by lubitel View Post
                          I don't know if anything CS does runs under OSX. Good question. added you to list
                          Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Zydronium View Post
                            Currently a little bit busy with school, but I want to target Mac and Windows for the client and Linux for the server.
                            Very cool... bring both types of PC's together to play together..
                            VERY COOL
                            Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Darkkitten View Post
                              Well since I don't own ActionRPG, just the MMO Kit, and Economy Suite, I think I might go the route of moving the Item Table to mysql and converting the Inventory system of Economy Suite to work with the MMO Kit.
                              I forgot the Economy suite actually came with an Inventory. But that would work as well.
                              Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

has CS expressed that he will do this if we all pitch in? If not, maybe [MENTION=39476]Pirate[/MENTION] will ?

Comment

Working...
                                X