No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can upload any file, it seems to be when it's be packaged as a game that it sticks at 99%, I haven't loaded the exact same size file, but any file I have tried works, I will test a large file now.

I see what ya be saying, might be a size issue and not related to packaged files.

You are correct Gerrod, it is a cap size regardless of packaged or just a bunch of files, dang me and my cheap hosting sites. :P
    Last edited by Nemodain; 04-21-2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

I managed to get the Kite Demo open and played around inside, here is the video on that.

Kite Demo Textures Reduction

I have a link on video but here is another on talking about reducing the texture sizes to get it to run. LINK

They have mentioned we can use any assets inside the Demo, really nice looking textures, if you get time be sure to check it out.

Nemo

Comment

I made this today while bored.

Btw it's blue if your Gender is Male.

Attached Files
        Last edited by Darkkitten; 04-22-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

I am so jelly of all that work your doing Darkkitten, but it's a good thing, makes me want to stay at it.

Looking good, keep the updates coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
            I am so jelly of all that work your doing Darkkitten, but it's a good thing, makes me want to stay at it.

Looking good, keep the updates coming.
            I'm going to be using your Video on how to make Modular characters soon, so thank you.

Comment

I think I had the uploader issue... I think.. and please do no quote me on this... I had a option to set in GODaddy's PHP settings for Zip... I also had an issue that since I was ftp'ing into jfkgames.com/client32/ directory .. I had to set up my Settings.ini like this:

[]
              GameDirectory=C:\dog
              TempFolder=E:\Temp
              FtpAddress=ftp://ftp.jfkgames.com/
              FtpLogin=client32@jfkgames.com
              FtpPassword=FakePasswordHERE
              FtpPath= (Left blank on purpose)

then.. I changed to my GAME upload dir to be in client32/launcher/ so I set up my settings.ini in uploader to look like this:

[]
              GameDirectory=C:\dog
              TempFolder=E:\Temp
              FtpAddress=ftp://ftp.jfkgames.com/
              FtpLogin=client32@jfkgames.com
              FtpPassword=FakePasswordHERE
              FtpPath=/launcher/

Note, since I ftp into the Client 32 Dir.. I only had to add Launcher Dir.

Still was having troubles and CS came in the help out... When I clicked on deploy (after upload worked) I then time out as the deploy script runs longer then 120 seconds on my service and it gets terminated. GODaddy admin replied that ALL shared hosting get termed at 120 seconds... I then wrote back and asked why in the hell I could set the max_Ecution_size to 1200 and my PHPinfo said it was set that way..

They have not replied to this. ANd I can't afford to run a full blown virtual server at this minute. This is not a BOO HOO minute.. just facts... CS then told me in skype he is thinking about the launcher... SOOOO

I am sitting tight until I here more from him.

WHEW! this was a bit to type out.. I hope it helps someone
              Last edited by Tarly; 04-22-2016, 11:00 AM.
              Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
              Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Thats the problem with godaddy.. I don't trust them for anything but buying my domains from, LOL. I have a big beastly server in NJ that I host my stuff on.

Edit: How many people are soloing their projects?

Comment

You made me feel better Tarly, can't for the life of me figure out why mine times out, pretty sure some kind of hard cap on file size as smaller files work no problem. I contacted my host provider, all he did was turn in a ticket and bump me to next person.

So we're in the same boat, and it has holes and no rudder, and I see sharks! :P

Comment

I can look into adding SFTP support to the project, Since I do not trust FTP.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
                      You made me feel better Tarly, can't for the life of me figure out why mine times out, pretty sure some kind of hard cap on file size as smaller files work no problem. I contacted my host provider, all he did was turn in a ticket and bump me to next person.

So we're in the same boat, and it has holes and no rudder, and I see sharks! :P
                      AYE Captain!

Not only are there sharks, but.... they be looking a might hungry.

And I am just a dad doing my thing here DarkKitten. NO programming exp.. no art Exp... BIG Dream though.
                      Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Darkkitten View Post
                        I can look into adding SFTP support to the project, Since I do not trust FTP.
                        The new launcher is awesome, if I can figure out why large files lock up at 99%. I am thinking my host has some kind of secret cap on me, since I went cheap-O, manually uploading them now to test the rest of the features.

Update: Messed something up loading up manually, too late, too tired, time for night night. Exit stage right!
                        Last edited by Nemodain; 04-22-2016, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                          AYE Captain!

Not only are there sharks, but.... they be looking a might hungry.

And I am just a dad doing my thing here DarkKitten. NO programming exp.. no art Exp... BIG Dream though.
                          Amature Programmer myself, I've dabbled in the Realm of MMO's before not in the good way, more of in the gray area way. Zero Art skills myself but I am slowly gathering a team of people who seem to want to help

Comment

Cool beans man... G/L to you.. and making your dream.
                            Clifford Brock

Comment

I finally managed to complete the videos on installing and getting the new Launcher up and running. I personally had trouble with my computer for some reason, wouldn't let me upload anything over 250MB.

Link to video: UE4 4.11 with MMO Kit 1.5 Launcher Setup

I did manage to get it to run on my older system, so it does work. Hope the video is not too chopped up, it's over several days of work.

Nemo

Comment

I would highly advise against Godaddy for anything. I've had nothing but problems and their tools are old. I moved over to google cloud hosting like a year or two ago and haven't looked back since. Their domain tools are straight forward and easy. As for the cloud servers, you can use a pre-configured stack like LAMP, or do a stripped Ubuntu build, and have it only cost you around $4/month at min with FULL Control.
                                Current Project - *shush shush* Ehh.. When its ready?

Comment

Working...
                                X