• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    How do i create "fake" projectiles?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sqitshi View Post
    if you didnt Change it it is under animations ...anim class and use a Animation blueprint

if you want Change the attack Animation of an npc it is in mmocharacter --> attackfx

"I ve edited both bps(Atack Fx) for playercharacter and for npc which is modularplayercharacter and while my character " --> modularplayercharacter is not the NPC it is actually the Playercharakter also as mmoplayercharacter
    Got it, thank you alot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Cryptaline View Post
    Guys, can s1 navigate me to where is NPC auto atack animation is placed (I mean where i can change it in blueprints)? Im lost a bit.
    Or maybe I miss something. I ve edited both bps(Atack Fx) for playercharacter and for npc which is modularplayercharacter and while my character have no issues with new animations, NPC character have issue with autoatack ani, all other r fine.
    if you didnt Change it it is under animations ...anim class and use a Animation blueprint

if you want Change the attack Animation of an npc it is in mmocharacter --> attackfx

"I ve edited both bps(Atack Fx) for playercharacter and for npc which is modularplayercharacter and while my character " --> modularplayercharacter is not the NPC it is actually the Playercharakter also as mmoplayercharacter

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Guys, can s1 navigate me to where is NPC auto atack animation is placed (I mean where i can change it in blueprints)? Im lost a bit.
    Or maybe I miss something. I ve edited both bps(Atack Fx) for playercharacter and for npc which is modularplayercharacter and while my character have no issues with new animations, NPC character have issue with autoatack ani, all other r fine.
    Last edited by Medvega; 06-24-2016, 04:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Skidzhard View Post
    Hey everyone
    This community and this kit looks amazing and i cant wait to dive in as I've spent the last couple of weeks learning the engine and looking through the kit to see how it all works.
    I was wondering if anyone here could possibly help me convert the 3rd person into topdown? please
    I'm planning to port my current game I own which is very... very... old....(similiar to Diablo 1 LOL) into this engine and the kit is everything one would need to get past the initial headache

This actually starts with a 3rd person and works towards 2d topdown. https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...HowTo/TopDown/ Not sure if that's helpful. Also, the way the zoom is setup in this starter kit you can practically make it 3d top down when scrolled all the way out... I suppose put some restrictions on how far in you can zoom would kinda work too.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey everyone
    This community and this kit looks amazing and i cant wait to dive in as I've spent the last couple of weeks learning the engine and looking through the kit to see how it all works.
    I was wondering if anyone here could possibly help me convert the 3rd person into topdown? please
    I'm planning to port my current game I own which is very... very... old....(similiar to Diablo 1 LOL) into this engine and the kit is everything one would need to get past the initial headache

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi RK.

I agree with you 100%. The kit has been more fun, and learning in it than all the other engines/Kits I have bought in the past combined. CS has been so helpful in my understanding of the kit... "If I poke it here, It laughs over there" I cannot thank him/her enough.

Even on vacation and way from my machines, I feel like i learn stuff here. I am hoping to be back in 4-5 weeks and pick up where I left off.

Having the time of my life with the kit.

ROCK on !!

T.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Codespartan, is the update where you are adding guilds and guild chat still in the works?

I am personally sticking with 4.11.2 source, is there a reason everyone is so quick to update their engine? some bad **** new features I am unaware of?

Just want to say again, I am really having a blast building off this starter kit. Saved me so much time, taught me so much. I have a pretty impressive character creation system in effect with mixamo default morphs, skin and wing color changing, 30 some odd base models across several races, and all of it saving perfectly to the database upon creation. So I want to thank you again, codespartan. My gratitude for your work has not yet faded and it is doubtful that it will. Thanks for the kit and the continued support and updates. All this stuff you add, this purchase just keeps paying off more and more each day.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK so I'm best to sticking to 4.10 version for now . Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At the moment i wouldnt update. UE 4.11 and 4.12 got both huge bugs ...

Ue4.11 gots problems at Foliage, ue4.12 at running dedicated server...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I brought the 4.10 version a while back how do I update to the 4.11 version is there something to redownload or do I just get the 4.11 source ? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zeiten
    xCPx,

Glad you were able to reproduce! If it's not one issue it's another right? :P

Either way, back to 4.11 for me until this is resolved fully as I run into other issues like the one you are encountering as well.

Cheers!

My greates Problem is that it didnt Completly worked on 4.11, too

On Editor everything fine, but on cooked client ---> Jitter and ram usage went to 32gb ...

now its nearly the same:

if i open the game like "server " with ?listen, then everything is fine, but if i open normally its also jittering and ram usage goes up to 100%...

actually i am thinking of switching to Unity...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually with creating a new Map server doesnt crash anymore. But for MMO Starter Kit there is another bug.

If you create a new Map and do everything fine and set the PlayerStart for example somewhere in the sky, you get following error:

[2016.06.13-07.08.52:956][367]LogSpawn:Warning: SpawnActor failed because of collision at the spawn location [X=-3060.000 Y=50.000 Z=670.001] for [ModularPlayerCharacter_C]
    [2016.06.13-07.08.52:957][367]LogGameMode:Warning: Couldn't spawn Pawn of type ModularPlayerCharacter_C at PlayerStart

The funny thing: There isnt even something it could colid with

even if you delete PlayerStart the same error appears ( with changed koordinates)

( Error only exists on Cooked Server, in editor everything is fine)
    Last edited by Micha_Ill; 06-13-2016, 03:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zeiten
    A typo of 3 vs 2 and you respond with that. Please grow up xCPx. I provided the proof that it does work.

Regardless, please redirect the topic back to the MMO kit, thank you. I'm done discussing this with you.
    And basically i can proof you that it doesnt work in whatever branch you want.
    it doesnt work on : 4.12, 4.12.1, 4.12.2, the release branch, the master branch and not even the promoted branch.

Got all of them up to date and nothing works ^^

Tested MMO Starter Kit and the Reproduce example, both show the exact same error.
    Last edited by Micha_Ill; 06-12-2016, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, but are you really able to read?

Matthew TESTED IT 2 (!) DAYS AGO and the last update on the UE4 Source relase Branch was 3 DAYS Ago.
    And also he tested it on latest internal build ( 4.13) and also it isnt fixxed there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X