MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
    Did you try their optimization steps from his site? I was reading up on the kit and it looks awesome, except the hit in fps had me wondering myself. Here is the link..

Optimization Down near the bottom.

If you find something that works let us know, might rethink the kit.

Nemo
    I did run through their optimization steps, however I'll admit it was a fairly half-***** attempt and I may have not optimized optimally. I will try again and let you know if it works out!

Comment

That would be awesome Piepants, been working with CodeSpartan most of the afternoon, some reason the Launcher is not uploading the game zip files, maybe one day I'll catch up to you guys.

I have half of the video made for setting up new launcher, hopefully get the other one tomorrow when CodeSpartan straightens me out.

Comment

I didn't need the character deletion system, I crafted my own way of deleting characters, with a recovery system, I mark Deleted Characters in the Database with a Bool (0, 1) and load only those marked false, if they're marked true, I'm making a script that will go in and move them to another Database after X days, and if a player wants them recovered they can login and do a "Recover Character"

Edit:

I'm currently trying to get a Random Name Generator to work.
        Last edited by Darkkitten; 04-20-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Darkkitten,

You simply rock man.. Youi posted months ago how you wrote something to use DynDNS... Or NoIP... and I was impressed... your Char Delete / restore is cool as hell.

Looking forward to seeing or hearing about what you do next
          Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
          Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
            Darkkitten,

You simply rock man.. Youi posted months ago how you wrote something to use DynDNS... Or NoIP... and I was impressed... your Char Delete / restore is cool as hell.

Looking forward to seeing or hearing about what you do next
            I'm willing to share things if people are interested, I won't post them to the forums directly. LOL, but Everyone seems so eager to help each other to make MMO's soo I'll give back, the Script itself, isn't completed, but right now the loading and not loading of "Deleted" characters is working

Edit:
            One of the biggest things I'm impressed with is seeing what other people are doing
            Last edited by Darkkitten; 04-20-2016, 11:53 PM.

Comment

That's awesome Darkkitten, I might take a look at it, working on the new launcher/patcher right now, giving me all kinds of issues, I think it's my host site, trying another now. I will be posting videos of what I did to get it to work, when I do. :P

I did get Kite Demo working today, will post that video next few days, it has some awesome resources that we can use, talk about pushing the ole system, that demo does.

Nemo

Comment

I hear ya Nemo,

I have had CS tied up in knots, due to GoDaddy shared hosting not running scripts more than 120 seconds... no matter the max execution time I set... I thought I was going to have to go back to the old launcher. But, CS said he has some ideas.. I guess I will see. I don't want to have to go to a full server... prices are just to Darn high for me.

Really hoping that the Char kit with come out with BP nad male and female toon soon. I think the 4.11.2 patch resolved the issue they were having.. At least that is my hope.
                Clifford Brock

Comment

YA.. I need another 16 gigs to run that Demo. I simply erros out with 16 gigs.. They are really serious when they say it takes 24 gigs to run it

LOL...
                  Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                    I hear ya Nemo,

I have had CS tied up in knots, due to GoDaddy shared hosting not running scripts more than 120 seconds... no matter the max execution time I set... I thought I was going to have to go back to the old launcher. But, CS said he has some ideas.. I guess I will see. I don't want to have to go to a full server... prices are just to Darn high for me.

Really hoping that the Char kit with come out with BP nad male and female toon soon. I think the 4.11.2 patch resolved the issue they were having.. At least that is my hope.
                    So I am not the only one having issue with new Launcher?

I just reread that post where your talking about the character customizer update with models, that needs to come out. I think I will wait to see what they put out for characters also. Now just to wait. :P
                    Last edited by Nemodain; 04-21-2016, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Sittin on pins and needles...

There are so many things I want to try both in the kit, in in the market place and things I have seen online. AS I have said before, I can't thank CS and you guys for all the help.
                      Clifford Brock

Comment

Did someone of you tested Steam instead of the launcher?

I made a bit progress on the casting system. I must change a few things but its working
                        AbilityWindow :
                        + Scrollbar for more spells
                        + Castingtime

Hotbar:
                        + Cooldown
                        + CooldownTimer
                        + Castingbar

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen213.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	473.4 KB
ID:	1105039
                        Last edited by Gerrod; 04-21-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Anyone else get the new Uploader to work with a packaged project? I for the life of me can't get it to work.

It will upload random files, but soon as I package a game it won't upload, stops at 99%, I even tried with FirstPerson shooter, still no luck.

Nemo

Gerrod, your works looks so great, I really like what you have made, looks very professional, stay with it, I want to beta test it one day.
                          Last edited by Nemodain; 04-21-2016, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
                            Anyone else get the new Uploader to work with a packaged project? I for the life of me can't get it to work.

It will upload random files, but soon as I package a game it won't upload, stops at 99%, I even tried with FirstPerson shooter, still no luck.

Nemo
                            Have you tried it with a file the same size? and the same number of folders?

Comment

Hey been following this link for a while; while i was studying Unreal is this still available download link the throwing up a 404.

Comment

Never mind new to githud figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X