Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Terpsychore,

Originally posted by Terpsychore View Post
    I was thinking of just keeping the MMOPlayerState blueprint as a local file, and just changing the default character id on a per user basis
    this should work, yes. In the game I'm working on we just use the same character for testing for now
    MMO Starter Kit
    Dialogue Plugin
    Voxel Plugin
    Character Customization: Female
    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Hotfix for 4.11 is up if anyone is having trouble building lights, I had trouble this morning.

Fixed! UE-28961 UnrealLightMass fails to compile with VS2015 Update 2

Nemo

Comment

Hello Fellow Kit peeps!

First off, I'd like to thank CodeSpartan for all the work on the patcher.

Secondly, I'd like to Thank Nemodain for his work on the videos. I now have a game(being built) that is all Claws&Paws. Not sure why watching video was any different than following the guide. It worked though.

Third, I would like to BEG for a video of how to move assets like main menu and Art folders from one version.. (like 4.10) to another version.. (Like 4.11)

And lastly, I would love to see screenies, or movies of people doing GREAT THINGS with the kit.
        Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
        Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
          Hello Fellow Kit peeps!

First off, I'd like to thank CodeSpartan for all the work on the patcher.

Secondly, I'd like to Thank Nemodain for his work on the videos. I now have a game(being built) that is all Claws&Paws. Not sure why watching video was any different than following the guide. It worked though.

Third, I would like to BEG for a video of how to move assets like main menu and Art folders from one version.. (like 4.10) to another version.. (Like 4.11)

And lastly, I would love to see screenies, or movies of people doing GREAT THINGS with the kit.
          Your probably like me Tarly, sometimes I can read something 10 times and go like, what? but if I can see it done visually there is like a little light in my head goes Ding! Plus making the videos makes me understand what I am doing, so I get a benefit out of that, just remember I make boo boo's, so point out anything I need to fix.

Threw together a quick video for you Tarly, here is the link: Update Engine Version and Migrate Projects

If I get my terrain done today will try and get a video up of it.

Nemodain

Comment

Just wondering, on this update, does the AI [bandits] stop following you and return to their spawn point, after you run away from them?..

regards!

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
              1.5 Release notes

The new version is up on the demo server and available for purchase at Sellfy! It took a bit longer than I expected, thanks for your patience Build notes:

Ported to Unreal Engine 4.11

You will need the new release of UE4 from GitHub to work with the updated kit.

New Launcher/Autoupdater

The launcher and update system has been rewritten from scratch to ensure the easiest workflow for the developer. Now it just takes a couple of clicks to release a new build. There are no more "patches" that you had to keep track of and you don't need to keep old builds of the game on your disk anymore. It also uses http to download now.

The documentation for the new launcher can be found here.

Deleting Characters

This feature has been missing from main menu for a long time now, so now it's in.

Aggressive Behaviour Tree Example

There are new Bandit Leader npcs in the demo that will attack the player on sight that use the new BT.

if I buy it. I use all updates? Then we will not have to buy again?

Comment

Yes Amegaku,

you get all updates from sellfly... the same way you down load the kit the first time. And, they are free. Out of All the things I have ever bought for entertainment, this kit has been the best thing I have ever gotten. enjoyment per dollar and value per dollar cannot be beaten.
                Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
                  Your probably like me Tarly, sometimes I can read something 10 times and go like, what? but if I can see it done visually there is like a little light in my head goes Ding! Plus making the videos makes me understand what I am doing, so I get a benefit out of that, just remember I make boo boo's, so point out anything I need to fix.

Threw together a quick video for you Tarly, here is the link: Update Engine Version and Migrate Projects

If I get my terrain done today will try and get a video up of it.

Nemodain
                  Yup. I definitely am a visual guy. Will check out vid in a few. And, Thank You Nemodain.
                  Clifford Brock

Comment

Hey all,

Been working with terrain today, finally got some imported into the kit and tested out adding textures and materials. I learned a lot from this tutorial I found online, will post link, I have a long way to go.

Here is a screen shot of the terrain, bear with me, I know it's rough, but was all a good learning experience.

Click image for larger version

Name:	terrianTryOne.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	369.0 KB
ID:	1104171

Link to tutorial I used: Pro Tips: Creating Terrain For Unreal 4-part 1

It does use World Machine, but you can create your terrain on any program, be sure to check Video 2 and 3 as they cover inside UE4 about setting up materials, really good instructions.

Video of terrain in kit: Terrain Import from World Machine 1st Test

Nemodain

Comment

Cool terrain Nemo.

I watched the migrate video.... I am moving my project from another machine... so I can migrate from one project to another on the same drive. when the 26 gigs finishes moving... I'll see if I can get my content moved over... (Crossed fingers)

I have a copy of L3DT pro that I was going to use. But, World machine keeps coming up in threads here. I might have to change over.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

EDIT: OK.. when copying kit from another machine.... I can't seem to get it to work with 4.11...... SOOO... Downloading 4.10.. Will be a bit before trying to migrate .. ROFL!
                      Last edited by Tarly; 04-09-2016, 07:49 PM. Reason: I was wrong
                      Clifford Brock

Comment

Just wondering, on this update, does the AI [bandits] stop following you and return to their spawn point, after you run away from them?..
                        Hi Namesis,

No, it currently runs after you indefinitely (or until your character dies ), but it should be easy to customize it yourself. I try not to focus too much on things like AI that are relatively easy and fun to implement yourself and are different in every MMO (some games have spaceships instead of characters, etc).
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin
                        Character Customization: Female
                        Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                          Cool terrain Nemo.

I watched the migrate video.... I am moving my project from another machine... so I can migrate from one project to another on the same drive. when the 26 gigs finishes moving... I'll see if I can get my content moved over... (Crossed fingers)

I have a copy of L3DT pro that I was going to use. But, World machine keeps coming up in threads here. I might have to change over.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

EDIT: OK.. when copying kit from another machine.... I can't seem to get it to work with 4.11...... SOOO... Downloading 4.10.. Will be a bit before trying to migrate .. ROFL!
                          Setting up my other machine to test now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
                            Hotfix for 4.11 is up if anyone is having trouble building lights, I had trouble this morning.

Fixed! UE-28961 UnrealLightMass fails to compile with VS2015 Update 2

Nemo
                            Yes Nemodain, I am getting the same. I posted my error on the 4.11 release post on the forums as Stephen Ellis replies to posts. I looked on Github today and the 4.11 branch not the release branch has a a fix light building bug in the TP Template. So I'm downloading it at the moment.

Its still giving swarm error build lighting failed.
                            Last edited by seandennis; 04-10-2016, 12:24 AM. Reason: added message after building engine 4.11.2

Comment

I'm using this kit to use it with the Oculus Rift (I have a DK2) 4.12 doesn't support oculus 1.3 runtime. At the moment I am doing the first level 10km x 10km with level streaming 3km sq blocks for performance. Then I'll have to workout the best way to convert the HUD to 3d widgets. Third person is good for large open worlds so the player doesn't have to teleport around and can use the gamepad.
                              Last edited by seandennis; 04-10-2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seandennis View Post
                                Yes Nemodain, I am getting the same. I posted my error on the 4.11 release post on the forums as Stephen Ellis replies to posts. I looked on Github today and the 4.11 branch not the release branch has a a fix light building bug in the TP Template. So I'm downloading it at the moment.

Its still giving swarm error build lighting failed.
                                I'll test again tomorrow, hope it's fixed, the one way I got around it was going down inside the Source Engine build and rebuilding lightmass solution again(used rebuild not build). Post my update tomorrow.
                                Last edited by Nemodain; 04-10-2016, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X