MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scottlee38 View Post
    Not familiar with the name EMOS. Is that another project?

Edit: just looked at it. No this is totally different. The guy I'm working with already has many necessary features implemented. Most of which deal with the network portion. He basically wants everyone to have a basic plan of attack in regards to online multiplayer in Ue4, as well as the ability to change the game with little effort.

I simply plan to add an addition to this set up where I add on popular mechanics, such as "lock on" + (dodging out of another players lock on), random level streaming (Minecraft), and combo creation where players can personalize their own melee attacks. I'm more of a competitive play pvp person. I believe games should actually require mental skill and reaction time, not 100% hand eye coordination.
    Could you specify what you mean by "necessary features"? If it's going to enable MMORPGs, such as the MMO-Starter Kit does, then it will need to provide a range of functionality that other sorts of games don't need.

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Supline View Post
      VaRestPlugin dosn't work on 4.10.4 (O.o)
      Hi,

I've tested it with 4.10.4 and it works fine for me. Please contact me on Skype with some info about when you're getting this error so that we could fix it.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Custmization: Male

Comment

I can't see the document. Is there anyone can tell me how to install it. Thank you.

Comment

I can't see the document. Is there anyone can help me how to install it. Thank you so much.

Comment

Features like inventory, character creation, ans skill trees. The main feature i think worth mentioning is reliability. Everything works over the internet painlessly

Comment

I can't see the document. Is there anyone can help me how to install it. Thank you so much.
              Here's the link to the latest documentation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...0TK_RCFsz8/pub

You can also add me on Skype (CodeSpartan) if further questions arise
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin
              Character Customization: Female
              Character Custmization: Male

Comment

I am considering picking this up, however I had recently picked up another asset that seems to launch the same way, by the icon in the folder. I cant seem to get those assets into the viewpoint editor to make changes. Obviously you can make changes to this starter kit. How do I get it into the editor

Comment

Deathstrike,

I want to clarify, you want to be able to change the icon that launches the game? If that is correct, open cleanthirdperson.uproject, then click on file in the upper left corner and package product, then click packing settings. Click on Description on the left. File that all out.. make sure your thumbnail is 192x192. I save mine in the kit's main folder. Then, on the left side of the screen scroll down to platforms select windows. On the right you will see "Game icon" this icon should be 128x128.

When you package the game you should have your icon as the launchable .exe now.

(Please keep in mind this is only for a windows game setup. I have no exp. in any other setup.)

I hope this helps, if not, could you please try and explain what you are trying to do.

Respectfully,
                  Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                  Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

I'm sorry for the confusion, Thanks for the Response Tarly, but what I'm worried about, and It may be obvious after I purchase the kit, is how do I open it in the Unreal Editor I have another asset that I purchased that opens the way it is described in the documentation but it brings me to a playable state but does not allow me to open it in the editor to make changes or see the blueprint layouts.

Edit: Never mind I just figured it out but thanks
                    Last edited by Deathstrike; 03-12-2016, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Gratz man.

I hope you decide to buy the kit. I can't say enough great things about it. Or the support I have gotten from CS>
                      Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                      Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

I purchased it, haven't followed the directions completely yet, I was hoping I could just open it in the UE4 editor and get to work, but it looks like I may have to just take a step back, and setup those servers as described in the documentation before I can start working. Unless you know of another way . But when I try and load into UE4 editor I get several errors, that's why I figure I have to setup the server side components first.

Comment

Hi @ all

Is there a reason why a DataAsset is used for each single item and the db stores the path, and not one DataTable(list of all items) where you can acccess it via ID and you would store the ID in the db?
                          Last edited by Nhorth; 03-14-2016, 09:00 AM.

Comment

how many player can be supported using this? Is it limited to the 128 or it just comes down to how powerful the server you hosting the game on?

Comment

Originally posted by Deathstrike View Post
                              I purchased it, haven't followed the directions completely yet, I was hoping I could just open it in the UE4 editor and get to work, but it looks like I may have to just take a step back, and setup those servers as described in the documentation before I can start working. Unless you know of another way . But when I try and load into UE4 editor I get several errors, that's why I figure I have to setup the server side components first.
                              Welcome aboard Deathstrike!

You need to follow all the directions on the documentation link to get it up and running, it really is not that long once you get into it. If needed, simple grab XAMPP to run a local server for testing, it will help you a lot to get the basis down with the server running before moving to a host site. I myself used it to run the kit locally to get a grasp of how things work. I am currently setting up a website with account creation ability which has the bells and whistles, so going through the process locally first helped me understand what I needed remotely.

Hopefully we'll see a new release soon with the updated patcher (crosses fingers), I know CodeSpartan is really busy, we may have to send him some Red Bull!!

Comment

Thanks Nemodain, hopefully I will have time this weekend to get it fully set up, one question do you recommend using the same cpu to install the xampp or should I put that on my other pc

Comment

Working...
                                X