MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
    I plan to include a reworked launcher/patcher that would be crossplatform and easier to use for the developer.
    Awesome work as always CodeSpartan! Looking forward to the launcher/patcher update, would love to have the account registration moved to the launcher if possible. I love what you have done with Project Genom, will give you support there also soon as I can free up some more cash.
    Last edited by Nemodain; 03-05-2016, 08:16 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Nemodain View Post
      Awesome work as always CodeSpartan! Looking forward to the launcher/patcher update, would love to have the account registration moved to the launcher if possible. I love what you have done with Project Genom, will give you support there also soon as I can free up some more cash.
      I would absolutely love registration built into the launcher ...

Comment

I have to kinda agree Jmandawg. It seems like it would have a cleaner flow... Any word on this CS?
        Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
        Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

The launcher update is very welcome. Hopefully with the 4.11 update?
          I hope it will be multiplatform too.

Comment

Code Spartan has said the launcher update will be out for 4.11 I know he is busy with PG, but, I am hoping since there is such a large gap until 4.11 comes out that the MMO kit will have more than just the launcher as the update.

I know that CS said in the first page or two of this thread he wanted the kit to be a MMO clone of WOW. I hope we see more features to mirror WOW.
            Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
              I know that CS said in the first page or two of this thread he wanted the kit to be a MMO clone of WOW. I hope we see more features to mirror WOW.
              Do you have any idea of how many people worked on that game for over a decade?
              If converted to a single developer effort, you're looking at more than 600 years of work. Good luck having a clone of that.
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

A launcher that works in OSX and Win would open for us and CS to distribute to OSX and winm folks

Multiplatform Launcher please!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                  If converted to a single developer effort, you're looking at more than 600 years of work. Good luck having a clone of that.
                  LOL... I think we have a really nice start to that clone. And I didn't say I wanted a clone, CS said it was his goal. LOL .. I would like to see more meat added to the MMOKit though. Combat system... how ever simple.. for both single player and group.. a couple other things have been asked for that CS has said "that is more your game specific" but... IMHO they were part of that clone he mentioned.

On another level, because I have no programmer abilities, I'd like to see more parts added to the MMOkit, so I can try and mod it to something closer to what I want. But, again, I am not making a game for the masses...

Tarly (CS fanboy)
                  Clifford Brock

Comment

First of all, I don't intend the kit to be a tool to make clones of WoW. I want the demo to have more and more features of WoW, since it's the game most people are familiar with. Since then, I've added equipment, quests and abilities/hotbar, which are indeed present in WoW. However, it's possible to make a completely different game, a sandbox game or a 2d game.

The strongest part of the kit is not in gameplay mechanics but in database connection, login/registration, global chat/party server, etc.

The mechanics of WoW (vertical slice without all the levels and models) would take much less time. Also, each year it takes less time to create a game, the indie games that are coming out nowadays could only be made by AAA studios in the 90s.
                    Last edited by CodeSpartan; 03-06-2016, 10:50 PM.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin
                    Character Customization: Female
                    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post

Steam login is an interesting idea, I will definitely consider in the future. The project is in blueprints and everything is open, if you have the knowledge how to do a login through Steam/GOG Galaxy, you can do it.

I plan to slowly make the demo project more and more into a WoW clone (with inventory and quests and different NPCs, etc).

Sorry CS... I saw this on page one... and I thought it meant you were shooting for a WOW like clone..

MY BAD!
                      Last edited by Tarly; 03-07-2016, 01:06 AM. Reason: typos
                      Clifford Brock

Comment

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

""

UE4Editor_VaRestPlugin!UVaRestJsonObject::Reset() [c:\users\supli\documents\unreal projects\mmostarterkit-1.4\plugins\varest\source\varestplugin\private\json\varestjsonobject.cpp:23]
                        UE4Editor_VaRestPlugin!UVaRestRequestJSON::ResetResponseData() [c:\users\supli\documents\unreal projects\mmostarterkit-1.4\plugins\varest\source\varestplugin\private\json\varestrequestjson.cpp:109]
                        UE4Editor_VaRestPlugin!UVaRestRequestJSON::OnProcessRequestComplete() [c:\users\supli\documents\unreal projects\mmostarterkit-1.4\plugins\varest\source\varestplugin\private\json\varestrequestjson.cpp:242]
                        UE4Editor_VaRestPlugin!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UVaRestRequestJSON,TTypeWrapper<void> __cdecl(TSharedPtr<IHttpRequest,0>,TSharedPtr<IHttpResponse,1>,bool)>::Execute() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:681]
                        UE4Editor_VaRestPlugin!TBaseUObjectMethodDelegateInstance<0,UVaRestRequestJSON,void __cdecl(TSharedPtr<IHttpRequest,0>,TSharedPtr<IHttpResponse,1>,bool)>::ExecuteIfSafe() [c:\program files (x86)\epic games\4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl_variadics.inl:770]
                        UE4Editor_HTTP!TBaseDelegate<void,TSharedPtr<IHttpRequest,0>,TSharedPtr<IHttpResponse,1>,bool>::ExecuteIfBound() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegatesignatureimpl_variadics.inl:482]
                        UE4Editor_HTTP!FCurlHttpRequest::FinishedRequest() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\online\http\private\curl\curlhttp.cpp:714]
                        UE4Editor_HTTP!FHttpManager::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\online\http\private\httpmanager.cpp:55]
                        UE4Editor_HTTP!FCurlHttpManager::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\online\http\private\curl\curlhttpmanager.cpp:259]
                        UE4Editor_Core!FTicker::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\core\private\containers\ticker.cpp:79]
                        UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2546]
                        UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:142]
                        UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
                        UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.10\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:200]
                        UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:264]
                        kernel32
                        ntdll
                        VaRestPlugin dosn't work on 4.10.4 (O.o)

Comment

Thank you Code for the Kick player Function

So Im making a Select Character scene, but when I click on the character it clicks through and onto the landscape.. <-- Ignore this I got it to work

It was the Collision data on the objects and the landscape I had to change..
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Darkkitten; 03-07-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
                            Unreal Engine beats out WoW in graphics in the first place. Players are attracted to what they see wayyyy before gameplay. Code Spartans setup is more than capable enough to build something greater than WoW.

To be honest though, Im talking to another name in the unreal engine community that is in the process of creating a multiplayer set up similar to Code Spartan. After he builds a tutorial I will be working with him to integrate more modern features, as I too plan to make an open would game.

I will likely be creating a thread as an introduction to this guys setup. I have tested it with him multiple times on both his host machine a vps much much weaker than softlayer. On a side note you guys ought to learn character development, otherwise it pretty much leaves you at square one no matter whos multiplayer set up you use. WoW characters aint nothin special.

Comment

Originally posted by scottlee38 View Post
                              Unreal Engine beats out WoW in graphics in the first place. Players are attracted to what they see wayyyy before gameplay. Code Spartans setup is more than capable enough to build something greater than WoW.

To be honest though, Im talking to another name in the unreal engine community that is in the process of creating a multiplayer set up similar to Code Spartan. After he builds a tutorial I will be working with him to integrate more modern features, as I too plan to make an open would game.

I will likely be creating a thread as an introduction to this guys setup. I have tested it with him multiple times on both his host machine a vps much much weaker than softlayer. On a side note you guys ought to learn character development, otherwise it pretty much leaves you at square one no matter whos multiplayer set up you use. WoW characters aint nothin special.
                              Are you referring to EMOS or another endeavor?

WIP Thread

Comment

Not familiar with the name EMOS. Is that another project?

Edit: just looked at it. No this is totally different. The guy I'm working with already has many necessary features implemented. Most of which deal with the network portion. He basically wants everyone to have a basic plan of attack in regards to online multiplayer in Ue4, as well as the ability to change the game with little effort.

I simply plan to add an addition to this set up where I add on popular mechanics, such as "lock on" + (dodging out of another players lock on), random level streaming (Minecraft), and combo creation where players can personalize their own melee attacks. I'm more of a competitive play pvp person. I believe games should actually require mental skill and reaction time, not 100% hand eye coordination.
                                Last edited by scottlee38; 03-08-2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X