MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm working on a project with a friend. I made a second database for him to work, we then merge his blueprints into my master project.

However he's having trouble entering world and getting this error.

Wrong client version - please make sure you have the latest client.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So I haven't packaged the project yet as it isn't finished. On the other hand my start map links me directly to the Desert Rally Race map. After having edited the desert rally race map and removed all the npcs, the bandits (and only the bandits) still remain.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i'm a quite busy at moment but i try to help you. I actualise this post part for part when i have time. It costs to much time to make a perfect answere or example for each question but i can give you hints.

1. ( if you create a warrior ( or anything other class ) : set strenght to : 20, stamina : 50 etc. )

Click image for larger version

Name:	BJYO6_create2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1118882

is where the stas are set for a new character. You can make an if statement for each class like (warning its only pseudocode you must look how it's done in the mmocreatecharacter.php and i'm not good in php) if class == 1 (warrior) $stmt = $conn->prepare("INSERT INTO characters VALUES (NULL, ?... = stats that you want) else if class == 2(rogue) $stmt = $conn->prepare("INSERT INTO characters VALUES (NULL, ?... = other stats that you want).

2. (Then if player have more strength -> attack stronger -> spell stronger etc.)

Name:	UbAqb_dmg2.jpg
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	1118884

A quick example how you can add dmg. in this case the damage is normally calculated between 50 and 150% of attack power and after this we add 0,5 damage for each point of strength.

3. (The NPCs won't move or animate in certain areas on that map. )

Is this set to RoamingAICon for the new npcs?

Name:	myzsk_nps.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	1118885

4. (Anybody know how to disable bandit spawns. I deleted the from the map but they continue to spawn if I play through the start map. )

I can't reproduce this error. My first question is, do you save the map after you delete them? And how can you play from the start map? I thought it's only possible after compile and package and play outside the editor.
    If it's the case(you packaged the game) and then the error occurs it is possible that a Full Rebuild can help.

Name:	v9269_rebuild.jpg
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1118886
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gerrod; 11-24-2016, 09:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anybody know how to disable bandit spawns. I deleted the from the map but they continue to spawn if I play through the start map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No problem calhoun, it's nice that its work again

Else for my stats things, anyone could help? Thanks !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i downloaded a clean "install game" (to test your server). I did purchased the kit but its easier to download the game and see the features. I tried checking the animated loading screen on the live server but I think it is not working. It just shows up grey and a loading sign.. I think a mini message aswell (tip?)

regards

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Kami, thanks a bunch dude. Your answer helped me find the issue. Anybody else get weird choppy performance when playing from the start map.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Calhoun, thanks for your answer, i already seen whole docs to see how its works, i have added 'Energy' but i can't even do works 'if player attack energy increase like 10% by shot ' so else i have heal+mana and energy, in Database+php files and in the 2 blueprints functions like its writed in the docs. But my question was more like how add caracteristics complete and assign server to say : if you create a warrior ( or anything other class ) : set strenght to : 20, stamina : 50 etc. ( and after modify this if people have item that up this stats ). Then if player have more strength -> attack stronger -> spell stronger etc. I'm maybe not really strong in blueprint yet, but if you have a start of idea really thanks.

About your problem, i solved it yesterday night, i hope its will help you. I have re read again like 15time doc and so i rebuild project. then i log, create one character BUT I NOT ENTER WORLD, i just quit. Then i go in database and changed id to 0 in character id ( not user table ). Then i switch to dedicated server, desert map, play and i will have my character ( with class ) that will spawn ( with same name you writed normally ). But each time you have to play with map, you cant log with Start map. If you want add an other character and play with, just create one again, switch his ID to 0 then you will play with it.

I had this error like you because it seems not possible to play in editor by starting menu ( even if i think its worked before ).
    Last edited by KamiKZZ; 11-22-2016, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey KamiK there's a whole section in the documentation about creating your own persistent variables.

As for me, I'm still having trouble with a non functioning enter world button.
    Last edited by Calhoun; 11-22-2016, 11:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Calhoun or others, an idea of how i can set up caracteristics like strength etc and assign some for each classes ( like warrior etc. ) and change values if have items with +stats. i thought about Enum and works in mmocharacter ? but maybe other way, thanks !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes i can't work on my game because i reinstall each time it's worked before but now, seems broken. Will try with the source 4.14 that i build, but i think will be same things kinda. An idea of when the new version will coming ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah for me it's purely the enter world button that seems not to be working.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello there, i'm reinstalling database / rebuilding game like 10 times, so i lost all each each time.. i played nice some days ago on editor like Calhoun, and if its not the create character that not works its enter in world :/ any fix ? thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm playing from the editor. It's weird because the exact same setup worked like 2 days ago just fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Calhoun, are you using port forwarding in your router settings for you ip address to connect to the server? If so, is it possibly that your ipv4 address has changed after restarting your pc (like from 102 to 101)? I've had that happen to me, unless you're just talking about playing from the editor in which case I'm not sure that matters.

Dahak, do you have a nav mesh bounds volume for all of your monsters? I would expect the behavior you're describing if the monsters standing still are not within the navmeshbounds volume. Otherwise I'd double check their blueprints and make sure they are using the same roaming blackboard behavior tree as your cow. I know I've had instances of blueprint parameters being reset to defaults of their parent blueprint.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X