No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will find that info in the help doc... under : Adding your own persistent stats:

If you need the link to the doc, it is here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.d5ay12pgc728

Hope it helps yskwork.
    Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
    Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

1. You can add a Delete button to your Character UI and pass that character into a DeletedCharacters list for a given UserAccount, then just after you do your 'database get characters' response, before the characters are added to the character selection UI, you can just filter out any that are in the DeletedList. This isn't really a feature you need to wait for in the kit, you can add it yourself by studying the PlayerState eventgraph ... but you'd have to learn to add a database entry to hold deletedcharacters as a comma separated string. But the docs do show you how to add custom entries on the database. A step up from that would be deleting/cancelling entire user accounts (and recovering them). Personally I'd rather have that done for me than actual features of gameplay.

Most of the the things on that list are better for designers to create on their own as they offer too many points of difference from project to project. For instance I do not intend to use the NPCs or Abilities of the MMOKit at all. It would be better to bolt on some transaction management tools, user management (like sending emails to remind users about their credentials).

Comment

@yskwork
        Please stop spamming this thread. You have lots of problems with your code, so either create own topic in subforum like blueprints, and ask for author support there, or take this all spam into private messages. Or condense all questions into single post and wait few days for answer. Do not post every few hours. Also communicate better than just copy pasting crash logs.

I am deleting all your posts that have no real quality to it.

Comment

1,Static map coordinates,how added to the 'characters' table?
          2,attach weapon on the client,In which blueprint settings?

Comment

please, anyone can tell me how can i add cooldown system on this :3

Comment

I am looking at getting this kit. I am curious on what method you are using to handle interest management? I apologize if this has been asked. I did a search and got no relevant results.

Comment

Goal: To be able to modify the screens from Login Main Menu to Game.
                To be able to move from Main Menu to Character Selection(mine) to Game Map(Desert Rally).
                And to move from Char select choose enter game or char create screen.

Things tried:
                Read https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...0TK_RCFsz8/pub
                Concentrating on Using your own map , Using your own map , Orienting in blueprints , FAQ .
                Reread the whole thread on the kit: MMO Starter Kit
                Poked thru all the Bp’s a few times both in design and Graph view... using docs, focus’d on Orienting in blueprints, really looked at MMOplayercontroller. Paid attention in looking in each blueprint for tabs even to look thru.

Can anyone point me to where to start looking. If it is someplace I have listed, please be specific as I will have missed it.
                Last edited by Tarly; 01-29-2016, 06:54 PM. Reason: LOOK! aSuper SHORT post from me :)
                Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Kobaltic View Post
                  I am looking at getting this kit. I am curious on what method you are using to handle interest management? I apologize if this has been asked. I did a search and got no relevant results.
                  What do you mean .. "handle interest management" ?

Sorry if I am being retarded
                  Last edited by Tarly; 01-29-2016, 11:33 PM. Reason: WOOT!! Shorter post.. GO ME!
                  Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                    What do you mean .. "handle interest management" ?

Sorry if I am being retarded
                    You aren't retarded, you just don't know. Overly simplified it is what controls the massive part of the MMO. It allows you to develop a method to reduce the unneeded messages to the client. A common one is called quadtree for 2d games and octree for 3d games.

I found this (google search ) http://cs.mcgill.ca/~jboula2/thesis.pdf
                    seems to be a good read
                    Last edited by Kobaltic; 01-29-2016, 11:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Cool!

TYVM
                      Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Kobaltic View Post
                        Hi,

For area of interest I'm using UE4's native mechanic called "network cull distance", basically you can edit it on any blueprint actor to specify the radius when the player should start seeing them. It works quite well.

please, anyone can tell me how can i add cooldown system on this :3
                        I recommend first trying to do it in a clean UE4 project to understand how cooldowns, timers, etc work. I haven't actually done it yet but here's one idea how to do it: to implement a global cooldown, add a DateTime CooldownExpiresTime to MMOCharacter. When an ability is used (in MMOCharacter's UseAbility), set CooldownExpiresTime to Now + X seconds (for example, 2 seconds). Only allow to use abilities when Now > CooldownExpiresTime.

Individual abiltiies' cooldowns can be implemented in the same way, however you would have to think where to store their cooldowns. Currently there's no array of all available abilities on the characters, so you might want to implement one. If you use an array of structs for that there you could store ability and its cooldown time in that struct.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin
                        Character Customization: Female
                        Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Hey CodeSpartan (and others), I just wanted to thank you for making this kit and continuing to support it so actively. It makes me happy to know that something such as it exists. I plan on purchasing it in the near future and I wish you luck with Project Genom.

- Ross Y

Comment

If I were to buy the MMO kit and than later come out with an update. How would I update my kit?

Comment

hello any one can help me
                              I dont see in my folder mmo/blueprints this JSONRequests blueprint, Im go to the folder MMO/ blueprints any clue why?Click image for larger version

Name:	mmp.png
Views:	1
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	1099896Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	1
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	1099897 im in the step 6 from the documentation, any helps thank you

Comment

MMOInstance is the actual name of the blueprint where you change the hostname. It should be in the GameModes folder.

Make sure you are using the latest documentation.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.9r8mmboxc70a

Comment

Working...
                                X