MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain O:

I believe I sense a little sarcasm in that. Loving sarcastic humor... I give you a LOL.

On the other hand. Do you have any suggestions or links on how to learn Unreal... a book in either electronic format. softcopy or even hardback would be awesome.
    Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
    Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

This is how I learned and I haven't been doing too bad.

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Videos

The twin stick shooter was pretty good tutorial as it covers blueprints in a decent amount of detail.

Comment

Thank you Terry.

Anyone else ?
        Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
          Captain O:

I believe I sense a little sarcasm in that. Loving sarcastic humor... I give you a LOL.

On the other hand. Do you have any suggestions or links on how to learn Unreal... a book in either electronic format. softcopy or even hardback would be awesome.
          The sense in strong in you Clifford
          Sorry, couldn't resist.

As Terry already mentioned, the wiki is an awesome learning resource.
          Also on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...zfW1tUV4jU0YxH

I don't know if the following links are allowed, but i'll give it a try

If you're willing to spend some cash, this is also a nice one - http://www.hourences.com/videos-index/
          And digital tutors also have some nice tutorials.
          And if you're interested in learning C++ development on UE4 this can be very helpful - https://www.packtpub.com/game-develo...ting-games-ue4

As a first resource the tutorials i would advise to do the wiki tutorials first and check out the forums - https://forums.unrealengine.com/foru...-and-Tutorials . There are some very nice tutorials here and some some free projects with source you can check out.

Comment

Thank you Captain O.

I would whip out my light saber and salute you, but the batteries are dead.. I can't use the A wing as it is out of fuel, so I can't swing by and shake your hand..

Until next time.

Respectfully,
            Cliff
            Clifford Brock

Comment

@CodeSpartan

I tried adding a spell, following the documentation, and I had noticed in the blueprints a buffhealth blue print that didn't have skill tied to it. I did all the edits, but when I login it doesn't show up.

Comment

How does this handle world space? Is it just a single map, does it support transitioning from one place to the next with, or without load screens? Does it support instancing, both world space and dungeons?

Comment

Originally posted by DMaas View Post
                  @CodeSpartan

I tried adding a spell, following the documentation, and I had noticed in the blueprints a buffhealth blue print that didn't have skill tied to it. I did all the edits, but when I login it doesn't show up.
                  Hi,

To make an ability show up in the abilities window (opened by P key), you have to add it to Abilities Window blueprint. Check out how the two demo abilities are done there in the Designer tab and Event Construct and do the same for your new ability.

Binds to the specified Mesh,how to set? use What blueprint nodeļ¼Ÿ
                  If it doesn't work, I think it's because it's an actor and you're not attaching it on the server/it's not set to be replicated. If you're doing this to attach a weapon you don't need the weapon to be a separate actor - it could be a component and then you could attach it on the client.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin
                  Character Customization: Female
                  Character Custmization: Male

Comment

implement travel between zones,use "openlevel" ,Fall in the air
                    Can give a youtube tutorial?

Comment

Originally posted by yskwork View Post
                      implement travel between zones,use "openlevel" ,Fall in the air
                      Can give a youtube tutorial?

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                      yskwork, I've given you general advice on how to do it but to make a step-by-step tutorial would take me some time, and I can't do it right away. I do plan to either add it to the demo or to make a tutorial in the future.
                      So the answer is already given.....

Comment

Can u do a tutorial for sql database ? i wanna do my frist mmorpg in unreal but i don't know how create this.

Comment

Originally posted by YorchCb View Post
                          Can u do a tutorial for sql database ? i wanna do my frist mmorpg in unreal but i don't know how create this.
                          This actually is explained on the documentation page, if you want tutorials on MySql, how to use and build it i would suggest this site - http://www.mysqltutorial.org/

You don't even really have to know MySql in depth, if you know how to import the database structure into the database you use and how to upload the PHP scripts to your server there's nothing else to it.

Above this, i really would suggest to all people that want to use this kit to first get familiar with the absolute basic stuff you really need to know if you want to develop a game and especially a MMO on the Unreal Engine or whatever engine you want to use for it.
                          This isn't a click and build toolbox where everything is done for you automagically with one push on a button and at least some programming experience ( especially blueprints if you want to adapt some of the blueprints to your own specific needs, and you will ) is needed because this kit sets up the basic needs to build you own MMO upon and the rest is up to you.

This is a very solid base and flexible enough to totally tailor it to your needs. And CodeSpartan is extremely helpful and friendly in his support but i really would suggest to do some research yourself, like the link i just gave here was 2 seconds of work and i don't think it's up to CodeSpartan to make ( video ) tutorials for the most basic stuff you can find out easily for yourself. You don't have to be a PHP / MySql expert to set up the database.

And even though i believe CodeSpartan actually is prepared to hold everybody's hand and lead you personally through the whole process this is impossible for him to do.

Good luck.

Comment

Nicely said Capt. O

AS I have said a number of times in this thread, I have NO art exp. and no programming exp. Just a guy with a dream. I have posted what I have been able to do with the kit here also in the thread. But, it has taken me months of head work to get where I am at. Now that I have done it, and taken notes on what I have done to get here, I can recreate ALL of the mods I have done (With help) in about 4 hours.

I went back and looked at skype chat that I have had with Codespartan... when I cut and paste them all into a word doc, word says there are 22 pages of chat that I have had with Codespartan. (Thank you CS.) I have considered asking CS for his email addy tied to paypal because of all the help he has given me to send him some extra money.

With that being said, it has not been "Ask CS to hold my hand" have him build my Dream.. I have had to work out everything I have done. Please see this post for example of help.
                            I have never found an "Issue" with this kit, they have all been of my making, or lack of knowledge.
                            IN closing: Put some work into your dream. And watch it blossom. Leave it for others to do and watch it wither.

IMHO:

T.
                            Clifford Brock

Comment

Originally posted by LumberingTroll View Post
                              How does this handle world space? Is it just a single map, does it support transitioning from one place to the next with, or without load screens? Does it support instancing, both world space and dungeons?
                              I too am interested in these questions.

Comment

HI Sean.

I think if you go back a couple pages in this thread, you see some talk about world space. I THINK that you can have multiple maps and that you can walk from one to another with out load screens. Like I said.. a couple pages back it was talked about but, I didn't understand some of it.

It is possible that we might see that feature in 4.11 release.... but, CS was still working on it. I don't believe we have seen what is coming in the 4.11 release yet. <shrug>
                                Clifford Brock

Comment

Working...
                                X