No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi CodeSpartan. I bought ur kit and wonder wether i can bug u for any questions that might occur.

Comment

Hi Wordain, yes. You can add me on Skype (CodeSpartan) since I answer faster there.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Quick question:

Is it possible to use the Steam servers to authenticate, distribute, and store character information and inventory? From reading the API documentation, it does seem entirely possible, but not sure what changes I would need to make in order to use steam as my "database backend", as such.
        WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
        World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
        WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

ultima online anyone?

Comment

whoa that housing system is super cool. did you do that with blueprints?

Comment

Originally posted by thegreathoodoo View Post
              whoa that housing system is super cool. did you do that with blueprints?
              indeed all blueprints and i am a newb when it comes to programming.
              Last edited by schmozzzle; 12-01-2015, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzy306 View Post
                ultima online anyone?

Wow. God those sound effects bring back memories. That was my favorite game ever. Nothing has even come remotely close. Love the work Mozzy, and it really encourages me when you say you are newb to programming. Just how new are you? And to Unreal Engine?

Comment

@Mozzy
                  Nice idea for a housing system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzy306 View Post
                    ultima online anyone?

awesome mate this is what im aiming for also. i used to play helbreath which is about the same time as ultima was out... my problems with the current kit is mana isnt coded in yet and spell casting is virtually as fast as you can press the keys no delays/cost

also i want a leveling system / stat points

very basic but blueprints are a nightmare for me i know basic coding to get me around but this visual stuff... well

if you want to work together contact me

Comment

Hi Mozzy,

The housing video is very impressive! I hope you will continue working on this project.

Is it possible to use the Steam servers to authenticate, distribute, and store character information and inventory? From reading the API documentation, it does seem entirely possible, but not sure what changes I would need to make in order to use steam as my "database backend", as such.
                      Sorry for the delay in response, it is entirely possible to authenticate and distribute via Steam, and that's exactly what we are doing with Project Genom. I don't think you can use their servers for the database, and it's easy to use a regular hosting provider for that (or host it yourself). However, in order to use Steam authentication/distribution you need to either be Greenlit or to have a publisher (with games on Steam).
                      MMO Starter Kit
                      Dialogue Plugin
                      Voxel Plugin
                      Character Customization: Female
                      Character Custmization: Male

Comment

good! mark

Comment

just about to pick this up, will literally save me months of work im doing on a rushed proto!
                          Self-Learning to program, Open to advice!

Comment

We bought the MMO Starter Kit -- it looks great.

Is there a way to reach with a couple of questions?

Comment

How does chat work when testing in PIE ?
                              I couldn't see any docs on this.

After I run the Chat server, and start the game from editor, they don't seem to respond to each other.

[sorted it out -- was using the old chat server from previous version instead of the current one]
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by tomofnz; 12-29-2015, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Very improvement, good work man

Comment

Working...
                                X