No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i Have now migrated my own assets and map to mmo starter kit and changed settings like tutorial: https://gyazo.com/4ce1063fc7b229406357e69e399f46a6 . Editor and server default map are my own, but it still start in desert rally map and if i open my own map it doesn't contain any of these which comes with mmo starter kit

and secondly i started with start level and create account and new character which sees in my database, but still when i open for example mmocreatecharacter.php it shows that you are not logged in: https://gyazo.com/d5aeffeb812c0f9dda7f935b474c7403 . But i have created my own account in start level/map
    Last edited by tero83; 11-11-2015, 02:03 PM.

Comment

@tero83

You really should follow the instructions given on the documentation page from CodeSpartan and even though not much but a certain amount of knowledge is recommended before stepping in to making a MMO.
      What exactly are you referring to with "when i open for example mmocreatecharacter.php". From the link you gave it looks like your trying to access this from your web browser and then you get this message. This is normal because you're accessing the php code without the proper values that need to be inserted by the Json code so it doesn't have the proper values when accessing it directly from your browser and you get this error.

You seem to have problems with every single step, even the most simple ones like copying the php files to your server and setting up the database while the tutorial clearly states :
      Upload the contents of the PHP folder to your web server.
      This is just a simple step, open up a ftp client, make a new map and upload the provided php files in there ( after changing the connection data in mmoconnection.php ofcourse )

Ofcourse anyone can run into some trouble or have a question regarding this amazing kit and people will help you wherever and whenever they can but you should be clearer in what exactly you did and what went wrong.

if i open my own map it doesn't contain any of these which comes with mmo starter kit
      I mean, what exactly did you do and are you trying to do ? It looks like you imported your map in the root directory, have you added the JSONrequests actor to your map and changed the hostname ? And what doesn't it contain exactly ?
      Have you added a player start and have you set up the correct coordinates and rotation for the player start in mmocreatecharacter.php ? ( by editing the php file with a editor of choice )
      Have you added NPC's, quests etc... ?
      Why are you trying to access mmocreatecharacter.php from your browser directly ?
      You have to add the blueprints and mmo characters yourself, it's not just a matter of importing your own map and everything is added to this by the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by captain obvious View Post
        @tero83

You really should follow the instructions given on the documentation page from CodeSpartan and even though not much but a certain amount of knowledge is recommended before stepping in to making a MMO.
        What exactly are you referring to with "when i open for example mmocreatecharacter.php". From the link you gave it looks like your trying to access this from your web browser and then you get this message. This is normal because you're accessing the php code without the proper values that need to be inserted by the Json code so it doesn't have the proper values when accessing it directly from your browser and you get this error.

You seem to have problems with every single step, even the most simple ones like copying the php files to your server and setting up the database while the tutorial clearly states :
        Upload the contents of the PHP folder to your web server.
        This is just a simple step, open up a ftp client, make a new map and upload the provided php files in there ( after changing the connection data in mmoconnection.php ofcourse )

I mean, what exactly did you do and are you trying to do ? It looks like you imported your map in the root directory, have you added the JSONrequests actor to your map and changed the hostname ? And what doesn't it contain exactly ?
        Have you added a player start and have you set up the correct coordinates and rotation for the player start in mmocreatecharacter.php ? ( by editing the php file with a editor of choice )
        Firstly that importing php files went wrong, because databases www.one.com has some problems and failures,I was contacted them that problem and it last about 1-2hour and after that it went wrong. Yes i have changed JSONrequests hostname and added actor my map. but when i start game/map character doesn't start about my own map, there was only my own character which haven't any good movement and i have changes settings maps&modes with tutorial. That's the only problem other has solved

Comment

Hi, What dose this error mean.

Error Accessed None 'K2Node_DynamicCast_AsLoading_HUD' from node Set showLoadingScreen in graph 'EventGraph' in blueprint LobbyController

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
            -Snip-
            4.10 support coming soon? :P

Edit: Nvm, He answered me on skype. Should be within the next day or so.
            Last edited by majorcyto; 11-14-2015, 05:25 PM.

Comment

1.4 Release notes

The new version is live on the demo server and available for purchase at Sellfy! Build notes:

Ported to Unreal Engine 4.10

You will need the new release of UE4 from GitHub to work with the updated kit.

Party mechanics

Players can now invite one another to form a group. Group members' names and health are displayed under your character's health bar. Group leader can invite more players or kick players from the group. Disconnected players are automatically removed from the group.

Group commands: /invite <name>, /leave, / kick <name>

Private and group chat

/w <name> <message> can be used to send a private message
              /p <message> sends a message to all group members

Testing in PIE with 2 different characters simultaneously

You can now test the game in PIE by playing as characters with id 0 and 1 from your database. To do this, just set the number of players to 2 and make sure that "dedicated server" is checked.

Bug fixes
              • the position of text over the characters' head is now correct when playing on low resolutions
              • fixed a bug with text over the characters' head being cropped
              • fixed attack sounds not playing
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin
              Character Customization: Female

Comment

Looks great, thanks for the update!

Comment

Awe, i guess the regions/zones or whatever you were working on didn't make it in. Still though, the party and whisper functions are great and i did not expect that. Thank you for the update!

Comment

What is the maximum number of players that have been connected at one time?

Does this come with all of the networking/server source code?

WIP Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rhynedahll View Post
                      What is the maximum number of players that have been connected at one time?

Does this come with all of the networking/server source code?
                      Hi,

In the tests there were about 140 players max on one server process, but it also depends on your game and the amount of NPCs. You can have several server processes on one physical server, as long as the hardware allows it.

All of the source code is included.
                      MMO Starter Kit
                      Dialogue Plugin
                      Voxel Plugin

Comment

Looks like your "Loading_HUD" cast failed and returned none. So when you try to set "showLoadingScreen" somewhere in the EventGraph in the "LobbyController", you get this error.
                        WE RIDE - Mini hardcore action MMO
                        weridegame.com | We Ride on Facebook | Twitch

Comment

Hi yskwork,

Does this happen in PIE? You cannot go from the "main menu" level to the "game" level in PIE, you have to test those two maps separately or package the game and test it there. This is because the game level needs a server and when you start playing in the "main menu" level you're only launching a client.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

You can't do that in editor (in your log it states that this is a PIE session), only in the packaged game. In editor (PIE), you must test the levels separately - either you play in the main menu level, or you play in the game level
                            MMO Starter Kit
                            Dialogue Plugin
                            Voxel Plugin

Comment

Is the link to your database set up correctly in your MMOinstance Blueprint?

Comment

yskwork, there's an error in how you've connected the pins. For "Open Level" node, you don't need to connect "Options" at all. Instead, connect "Level Name" to your "Select String" output. Sorry I didn't notice it yesterday. Basically, when connecting to a server, you don't need to specify the map - the client will always use the map that the server is running automatically.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X