No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@CodeSpartan can u show how we can make loading screen like with fill bar and streaming levels will it work ?

Comment

Progress bar in loading screen is not supported by Unreal out of the box, you would have to modify the engine source code, so I recommend just displaying some art and a hint for the loading screen. Regarding streaming levels - you don't really need them if you're using loading screens.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Customization: Male

Comment

now i tried to buy starter kit via paypal, because it didn't accept my credit card, but now it gives also error: we can't process your payment now. This Sellfy is ****ing **** place. This is first time in my life when that kind of happened.

Comment

I'm sorry you're having problems with Sellfy tero83 . I've send them a ticket regarding your case. However I've been using it since January and never had any problems, so hopefully this will get fixed.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin

Comment

CodeSparta is there a way to pack the game just the game not hole file project

Comment

Answered you in Skype, going to duplicate here for the others: it's normal for the project folder to be around 20 GB, the packaged game will be around 1GB
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hello CodeSpartan Im new Using Unreal engine and I start making my first project like my first map any way y read about your MMO Starter Kit for Unreal. I want purchase but I have some Questions this is compatible with Mac pc? I read all the documentation, but im still wonder if you can provide a Video tutorial, and im sure that many of us helps us out in how to integrate this MMO Starter Kit for Unreal in our project games. Please respond and if is possible send me and e-mail. Im really interested in get this kit. luis29vm@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi novato,

I plan to make a video tutorial eventually, but so far people usually don't have trouble following the "quick start" user guide (I've tried to made it really thorough over this year). I don't provide support for Mac currently. I've heard of a couple customers using the kit fine on a Mac, but I'm not sure.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin

Comment

I have tried but not yet succeeded in opening and compiling under OSX 10.10.5 .
                    The launcher (for now) is WinONLY. There are free, open soource crss platform launcher out there perhaps it could be integrated in to MMOToolkit in future?

Mac support would widen the user base. My audience is primarily OSX folks and they don't even use the Origin...

Comment

Now i have downloaded mmo starter kit at last and also get databases and next week i have to try it. I add my own map/level, and my own character. One question is in my mind. In starter kit there are in create character menu where you can choose either warrior, roque or mage. Is it easy to add every race different character. That all of them are not samekind outlook. I mean that warrior could be monster, roque like cyborg and mage like some woman. I mean it is easy to change these character, I have my own, but where i can make this change. Yes there is tutorials and so on, but if some could tell briefly

Comment

Hi, CodeSpartan i purchase the MMO Starter Kit and im starting with your documentation but Im still can't not get the game ready for test on my web server can you help me? I pay for goddady hosting I import the database. my php web server is 5.5 but i don't know how to set up this properly.

Comment

Now i have downloaded mmo starter kit at last and also get databases and next week i have to try it.
                          I'm glad that your payment issue has been resolved!

Is it easy to add every race different character. That all of them are not samekind outlook. I mean that warrior could be monster, roque like cyborg and mage like some woman. I mean it is easy to change these character, I have my own, but where i can make this change.
                          In MMOCharacter blueprint, there's a Class variable. You could set its Replication to RepNotify, then in its new OnRep function set the skeletal meshes of all body parts according to the character class (you can use "Switch on enum" or Select nodes for that ). It should only be done on the client, so add a CanExecuteCosmeticEvents node in the front.

Originally posted by novato View Post
                          Hi, CodeSpartan i purchase the MMO Starter Kit and im starting with your documentation but Im still can't not get the game ready for test on my web server can you help me? I pay for goddady hosting I import the database. my php web server is 5.5 but i don't know how to set up this properly.
                          Hi, sure, which part of the guide seems to be the problem? You can also contact me via Skype (CodeSpartan) for quicker support.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hi novato,

I plan to make a video tutorial eventually, but so far people usually don't have trouble following the "quick start" user guide (I've tried to made it really thorough over this year). I don't provide support for Mac currently. I've heard of a couple customers using the kit fine on a Mac, but I'm not sure.

I WILL PAY for any tutorials you make. Then announce it on the forums. Please!!!

Comment

Why i can't import my mmo .php files to my webserver and my server is www.one.com?

Comment

tero83, I've answered you in PM, but will duplicate here for the others. The php scripts can't be imported to mysql database. You should upload them to your server like you would upload an image, for example. You should only import dbstructure.sql to your mysql database.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X