No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cryptaline, Russian users can't buy the kit on Sellfy because of some weird policy. If you get this error, you can contact me on Skype (CodeSpartan) to pay directly with Paypal.
    MMO Starter Kit
    Dialogue Plugin
    Voxel Plugin
    Character Customization: Female
    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
      Hey Code, I was just curious, do you have a WIP / What you'd like to see done when 4.10 is released? I'm hopeful that 4.10 will include non-experimental DX12 and VS2015 support, along with a number of VR fixes. So that is when I'll be re-downloading and start inserting assets and such.
      Hi, the update for 4.10 will most likely have 2-3 of these features: zone travel, instanced zones, better loading screen, better auto-update system.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hey Code, I want to get a feel of your MMO Kit and download the launcher, however I get in trouble when download the game assets. The launcher works smoothly at first, when it downloaded some assets around 30~40MB, it delete the game asset zip file, and the launcher UI says:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Launcher.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	1087316

But absolutely there is nothing to Play. So what may cause this? I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
          Hi, the update for 4.10 will most likely have 2-3 of these features: zone travel, instanced zones, better loading screen, better auto-update system.
          Oh good! I was in the middle of trying to figure that out myself!

Comment

Originally posted by eros View Post
            Hey Code, I want to get a feel of your MMO Kit and download the launcher, however I get in trouble when download the game assets. The launcher works smoothly at first, when it downloaded some assets around 30~40MB, it delete the game asset zip file, and the launcher UI says:

But absolutely there is nothing to Play. So what may cause this? I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks.
            Hi,

Could you add me on Skype (CodeSpartan) please so we could find the cause of it quicker? Also, try deleting the launcher and downloading it again, and also check that you have enough disk space.
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hi I'm thinking of buying this for a few projects of mine but the main one I am interested in using this in is for a FPS game not a MMO now what I want to know is if I wanted to make this for a FPS game without the login/registration but also use the dedicated server along with say the steam multiplayer how would I go about this? A few friends are interested in hosting some dedicated servers for me with steam integration.

Also do you have a wiki or documentation site for this? Just would like to gleam over some of the questions I have without having to waste your time if possible

Comment

Hi frostyshield,

The online documentation for MMO Kit can be found here

If you don't want the kit's registration/login, the auto-updater and the gameplay examples, you probably don't need to purchase it - the default UE4 networking could be enough for your project.

Personally, I'm a fan of Steam and I'm against 'reinventing the wheel', but not all Steam features can be used right away - for example you can use Steam's downloader and achievements only once your game passes Greenlight (or if you have another game on Steam already).
                Last edited by CodeSpartan; 09-16-2015, 11:32 AM.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hi guys.
                  Anyone have any experience with this hosting company:
                  https://www.atlantic.net/fast-cloud-...Hosting-Review

Comment

CodeSpartan u have plans to add the character creator by datasphere?

Comment

Originally posted by Neochrome View Post
                      Hi guys.
                      Anyone have any experience with this hosting company:
                      https://www.atlantic.net/fast-cloud-...Hosting-Review
                      I have GoDaddy hosting all my MySQL,PHP and web server stuff... and I have my game server running in my house.. They have 24 hours voice support. And between them and CodeSpartan I am up and running.
                      Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                      Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
                        I have GoDaddy hosting all my MySQL,PHP and web server stuff... and I have my game server running in my house.. They have 24 hours voice support. And between them and CodeSpartan I am up and running.
                        TY for reply Tarly. I am a bit confused about rationale of having MySQL on a separate server. I understand that most of game traffic will be conducted between players and the game server, with MySQL server being accessed relatively sporadically on character creation, changes in inventory and quests etc. I guess my question is, is the network bandwidth the bottleneck for the simultaneous number of players or is the main limitation due to processing power of the server?

Comment

Hello,I am in China,and I want to know that how to pay for the file

Comment

@Neff10: Looked it up, and that looks realy, realy nice!

Comment

Still trying to wrap my head around things here, anyone got any tips for equipping/unequipping weapons?

Comment

I split the game server from the PHP,web and MySQL simply because of cost... I pay like 6 bucks a month... and I run the server out of my house since my web server at Godaddy will not run .exe's..

If the game server starts to get busy as I add content.. then I will get a game server from GoDaddy.. I believe they start at 38 bucks a month. But.. for now.. 6 bucks is not bad.. almost 50 for both servers. I don't want to spend that kind of money yet.

T.
                                Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                                Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Working...
                                X