No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just run it localhost with something like xampp?

Comment

As myself and CodeSpartan say, you can use x10 hosting, the link is in the documentation. If you're a little unsure about it, you can select between 5.4 and 5.5 yourself.

Switch themes to cPanel when you're logged in from here:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	be94ba4ab4.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	1084448

And scroll down until you see select PHP version:

Name:	4d27895778.png
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1084449

Finally, just select the PHP version, and all should be okay in the tests that CodeSpartan says you should do to test the PHP version:

Name:	41a0071120.png
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1084450

Just make sure your $servername part of mmoconnection is localhost.

Easy enough really. Have fun and good luck with the kit!
      Feel free to add me on the launcher or Skype. I'm always happy to chat and give a hand.

Currently, only one game credit, which is Monstrum.

Comment

x10 hosting
        Sorry, we're not able to accept your registration.
        We are not currently accepting new users from Poland.

Nice discrimination. Someone can create for me one of that account?

Warwolf can You help me?
        Last edited by Tefel; 08-25-2015, 01:19 PM.

Comment

First things first, awesome work CodeSpartan, thank you so much for it.

Issue: Having trouble with Listen Server and Client part.

Clean no error build of engine 4.8.1
          Switch Unreal Engine version and CleanThirdPerson loads into editor.
          Created database on localhost with Mysql, all checks passed and user set up.
          (Using localhost database instead of online)

Name:	1. database80.jpg
Size:	293.9 KB
ID:	1084459

Registration complete

Name:	2. register80.jpg
Size:	369.5 KB
ID:	1084460

Open DesertRallyRace map, check Dedicated server and run game in selected viewport

Name:	3. selected viewport90.jpg
Size:	417.1 KB
ID:	1084461

Here is where I am having trouble, I update all paths for client and listen server and try to run, screen loads but just sits on Loading Screen forever, also does this in editor with Standalone Game or New Editor Window.

Name:	4. loading.jpg
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	1084462

I am seeing no errors and have tried the steps up to here 4 times now with same results, I am pretty sure I am missing something any help or advise would be awesome.

Thank you,
          Nemo

Comment

HELP ME!

http://wob.c0.pl/mmo/myphpversion.php
            http://wob.c0.pl/mmo/mmologin.php

Now i set JSON hostname to http://wob.c0.pl/mmo/

When I hit play and try to create new Account anything happend. When I check database there is no character added.

There is no info when I just try to log in but should be "Login information is incorrect..."
            Last edited by Tefel; 08-25-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

It's not going to work because it's not pure json. There are ads added.

Like I said before, try using xampp on your own workstation.

Comment

I just bought it for 1$ LOL and it WORKS
                Last edited by Tefel; 08-25-2015, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I don't know other free hosting providers. I have my own hardware colocated in datacenters.

Comment

I seem to have found this error...

Error Accessed None 'K2Node_DynamicCast_AsLoading_HUD' from node Set showLoadingScreen in graph 'EventGraph' in blueprint LobbyController

Name:	error.jpg
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	1084463

Comment

If it would meet the standard quality levels and being checked by Epic, then he could sell it on the official marketplace. why do you think he does not?

Comment

I just realize that my point gravity stopped working when I run dedicated server. It rotates character but he still falling down. Any ideas what can I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Tefel View Post
                          I just realize that my point gravity stopped working when I run dedicated server. It rotates character but he still falling down. Any ideas what can I do?
                          Tefel, since you've purchased the kit, you can add me on Skype for quicker support (CodeSpartan) and we could possibly use TeamViewer. In the clean kit gravity should work just like in the demo, did you make any changes?

x10 hosting
                          Sorry, we're not able to accept your registration.
                          We are not currently accepting new users from Poland.
                          I can't register there too (I'm from Belgium), so I think it only allows USA most of the time. Maybe I will make a list of some php 5.5 hosting providers soon, but it shouldn't be difficult to find them - I'd just google php 5.5 hosting.

Originally posted by GameDev-DR View Post
                          If it would meet the standard quality levels and being checked by Epic, then he could sell it on the official marketplace. why do you think he does not?
                          Hi,

This package is one of the few with a fully playable demo (in the first post), so if you're worried about quality, I recommend you test the demo.

I'm not selling the kit on the official marketplace currently because the kit has C# chat and launcher applications, php and some C++ code. While it's definitely good to use lightweight applications for those instead of the whole engine, the Marketplace is not accepting C++ projects as far as I know, so the chances of them accepting a package that contains C# and php is small. Since Sellfy takes 5% cut and Marketplace takes 30%, for now I'm fine with selling on Sellfy.

Some other things to consider: 1) Marketplace brings more users but takes a bigger cut, so you have to provide more support for the same amount of money (and I provide Skype support too). 2) When I upload an update to Sellfy, it's up instantly, Marketplace staff reviews each update (could take 2-3+ days, judging from an animation package we've purchased for Project Genom). Those 2-3 days could be a problem when the new version of UE4 is out since normally you need a new, ported version of the kit as soon as possible. I still plan to go on Marketplace eventually, we'll see.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin
                          Character Customization: Female
                          Character Custmization: Male

Comment

CodeSpartan,

Any idea on this error?

Error Accessed None 'K2Node_DynamicCast_AsLoading_HUD' from node Set showLoadingScreen in graph 'EventGraph' in blueprint LobbyController

thank in advance,

Nemodain

Comment

one.com has free hosting, and they even give you 1 free domain for 1 year. They're up to date with 5.6, I believe. I hope there isn't too much of a difference.

Comment

I've started to make a list of webhosting providers that have php 5.5+ since I get asked a lot about it, it's available in the user guide, "Setting up the database" section.

Originally posted by GageCornelius View Post
                                one.com has free hosting, and they even give you 1 free domain for 1 year. They're up to date with 5.6, I believe. I hope there isn't too much of a difference.
                                Thanks for the info. I think those promos are for US only though, it says 1.50 eur/month for me, and 8-12 eur for the domain (I'm from Belgium).

Any idea on this error?

Do you hit "Play" from the Start map or DesertRallyRace? Note that you can't go from the main menu map to the game map in editor, but you can play in editor from either one of them. If the problem persists, contact me on Skype please (CodeSpartan) so that we could use TeamViewer if needed and solve this quicker.
                                MMO Starter Kit
                                Dialogue Plugin
                                Voxel Plugin
                                Character Customization: Female
                                Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Working...
                                X