MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarly View Post
    Hey Codespartan, will we see any new content in the kit with the release of 4.9?
    Yes, I plan to add abilities and a hotbar, several bugfixes, and maybe something else, we'll see.

Some other questions: I have followed your documentation about replacing the player character, and have done so with working animations etc. But the problem is that now I cant attack the NPCs. Do you have any idea why? My attack animation should be setup correctly.
    Contact me via Skype please (CodeSpartan) so we can resolve this quicker. Double-check your attack range variable and you can also try to debug it using Print String nodes in the blueprints. Attack is triggered in MMOPlayerController blueprint.

Also, how would I go about equipping through the inventory window, when my model is not modular?
    I'd just use the modular character blueprint and remove/change the unnecessary parts. For example, you can modify the EquipArmor event so that it switches the whole non-modular mesh when the chest armor is equipped and doesn't do anything when gloves/boots are equipped. And just delete the extra skeletal mesh components.
    MMO Starter Kit
    Dialogue Plugin
    Voxel Plugin
    Character Customization: Female
    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
      Yes, I plan to add abilities and a hotbar, several bugfixes, and maybe something else, we'll see.
      Liiiike, free-aim combat?

Comment

I just wanted to say thanks for this amazing product. I bought this about two weeks ago and being an experienced programmer but new to unreal it was a massive help in getting started. There is still a large learning curve but I can't recommend this product enough to anyone attempting to put together a prototype mmo on unreal. Great product, and decent documentation.

Comment

Originally posted by DatapawWolf View Post
          Liiiike, free-aim combat?
          would absolutely get my vote for a requested feature.

Comment

I bought it but I'm not using it for an MMO.

Using it to create an authenication system that works cross-game and it's working perfectly. Really great learning tool, If not for an MMO, But for learning about Va Rest and how to actually use it properly.

Great work and thanks!
            KITATUS
            "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

I have loading screen and nothing happens. Is it normal? Maybe server is offline but I logged in.

Still black screen... Is it possible to check Starter Kit before I buy it?
              Last edited by Tefel; 08-18-2015, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Spartan,

Need your help really stuck with an issue. Have revamped the game to handle non target combat which works fine as long as only one player is logged in on the dedicated and built server. Shooting gets messed up, seems like the ignore self on trace stops working. Tried to debug it but not luck. Wanted to validate some basic things with you. When I log into the server it seems like the UserID is not read correct (its in the DB). Is this a real issue on not impacting to the behavior of the server?

[2015.08.20-03.30.58:777][223]LogNet: Login request: /Game/Maps/Start userId: Invalid
                [2015.08.20-03.30.58:810][224]LogNet: Client netspeed is 10000
                [2015.08.20-03.30.59:704][251]LogNet: Join request: /Game/Maps/Start?SplitscreenCount=1
                [2015.08.20-03.30.59:706][251]LogGameMode: levelStatus: /Game/Maps/DollMap 0 0 0 None 0
                [2015.08.20-03.30.59:706][251]LogNet: Join succeeded: 256
                [2015.08.20-03.31.01:033][291]LogBlueprintUserMessages: Checking entering client, char id:
                [2015.08.20-03.31.01:102][294]LogVaRest: Response (200): {"status":"OK"}
                [2015.08.20-03.31.01:102][294]LogBlueprintUserMessages: OK
                [2015.08.20-03.31.01:102][294]LogBlueprintUserMessages: create get character
                [2015.08.20-03.31.01:169][296]LogVaRest: Response (200): {"status":"OK","name":"Test1","inventory":[],"quests":[],"health":300,"mana":200,"level":0,"experience"
                :0,"posx":4054,"posy":-3459,"posz":20366,"rotation_yaw":-37.411743164062,"equip_head":"","equip_chest":"","equip_hands":"","equip_legs":"","equip_feet":""}
                [2015.08.20-03.31.01:170][296]LogBlueprintUserMessages: sending chat login

Comment

Yes Tefel. Try downloading the demo server from this link. DEMO SERVER download here If you do that, and it does not work, then try contacting Codespartan in Skype thru chat.
                  Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                  Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Guys,

Where do you set the resolution options and default settings?

C

Comment

Maps DollMap and DesertRallyRace don't load for me. I only got black loading screen.

Comment

First of all, the demo server was down, it's back online now.

MrMrC, since you have added significant changes (free-aim combat), I suggest you contact me on Skype (CodeSpartan) so we can discuss it more efficiently.

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
                        I bought it but I'm not using it for an MMO.

Using it to create an authenication system that works cross-game and it's working perfectly. Really great learning tool, If not for an MMO, But for learning about Va Rest and how to actually use it properly.

Great work and thanks!
                        Thanks! Positive feedback from active members of the community is something I really appreciate.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Spartan - Thanks for reply. I added you on skype. I actually got this working but have some questions for you as I am starting to run dedicated server tests. Accept me when you get a chance.

Comment

I can really recommend buying this. The support offered is great I have a another question though. I'm trying to setup the modular player as one full persistent model, where the arms, legs, head etc. are empty, unlesss I equip something there so I can have two layers on my model. 1. for the skin underneath the clocthes, and one for the clothes itself. This works fine until I unequip the items, and the player model vanishes. Any ideas about why that is happening? I have also tried creating an extra enum class EquipmentType, called base, where the whole player model is loaded from start, but that also has problems when unequipping. I hope this makes sense... Thank you, and good day

Comment

Originally posted by Darthlatte View Post
                              I can really recommend buying this. The support offered is great I have a another question though. I'm trying to setup the modular player as one full persistent model, where the arms, legs, head etc. are empty, unlesss I equip something there so I can have two layers on my model. 1. for the skin underneath the clocthes, and one for the clothes itself. This works fine until I unequip the items, and the player model vanishes. Any ideas about why that is happening? I have also tried creating an extra enum class EquipmentType, called base, where the whole player model is loaded from start, but that also has problems when unequipping. I hope this makes sense... Thank you, and good day
                              I suggest you debug your changes by adding some PrintString nodes in key places to see what's going on and why the model disappears. I also recommend using some version control (I use regular, non-integrated Git) so you can easily roll back the changes if something breaks.
                              MMO Starter Kit
                              Dialogue Plugin
                              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hey MMO friends! I just bought MMO Starter Kit. Unfortunately Current PHP version: 5.4.422.0. So I need to check free hosting before I buy serious one. If You may recommend any fast and stable hosting I will appreciate.
                                I know PHP, MySQL and I am so excited like a child )))

Comment

Working...
                                X