No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried integrating either of these blueprints from the marketplace?
    Character Attribute System
    Spell Cast System

Just wondering how suitable (and difficult) it might be. I think a spell cast system needs to be designed with MMOs in mind because network and graphics performance could become an issue when scaling to hundreds of players if not implemented optimally.
    Last edited by verid; 07-06-2015, 10:05 AM.

Comment

^ I believe spartan said hes working on a spell casting system for the next update
      As for the attribute system Im not exactly sure how to go about that, would be nice to have that as well for displaying stats mayb just a few examples linked to the persistent database
      Last edited by CyberDev; 07-06-2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Is there a way to add instanced-based areas, for example, a "group dungeon"? If so, what would be a good strategy in order to set that up?
        There's a section in the FAQ that describes how I'd do regular server travel. For instanced zones, you would use the same principle but launch the server instances dynamically (you could extend chat socket server source code to do that). The game server could send a command to the socket server and the latter would launch the required zone instance using the next available port and send back the port number. The port number is then sent to the players via blueprint so they can connect to the new instance. I plan to add regular zone/server travel in the next update by the way.

In other news, forgive the ignorance, however, I downloaded the Nvidia branch, switched versions to that branch, I'm getting a few errors:
        I'm not familiar with Nvidia branch, looks like it is different from the release/4.8 branch, you could try asking that on the AnswerHub but I recommend waiting until that branch is in sync with the release one.
        MMO Starter Kit
        Dialogue Plugin
        Voxel Plugin
        Character Customization: Female

Comment

The first MMO built using MMO Starter Kit hits Greenlight!

Vote for us

My thread in Work In progress

Video (best watched in 1080p):

Click image for larger version

Name:	18033080814_ac6da91b9e_b.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	1081289
          Last edited by CodeSpartan; 07-07-2015, 06:59 AM.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Dude...DOOOOOODE. This looks way better then The Repop. I voted.

Can I ask this though. Was that truly created solely with the MMO starter kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Winterstone View Post
              Dude...DOOOOOODE. This looks way better then The Repop. I voted.

Can I ask this though. Was that truly created solely with the MMO starter kit?
              Not solely, like I said in the thread, it was used as a base and I built Genom-specific features on top of it (non-target combat, RPG stats and skills, exoskeletons and mechs, etc). But the core is basically the same.

Some features were added to Genom first (inventory and equipment) and then ported back to MMO Kit.
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Wow! Nice work! Any chance you're adding that non-target combat to your kit as well? ;D

Comment

Originally posted by DatapawWolf View Post
                  Wow! Nice work! Any chance you're adding that non-target combat to your kit as well? ;D
                  I would like this as well

Vehicle support would be welcome too

Comment

Hello

Does this kit include AOI (Area of Interest)? The loading/unloading of players within a set parameter of the client player?

Comment

This project looks awesome, ofcourse i voted for it

Comment

Originally posted by Syleron View Post
                        Hello

Does this kit include AOI (Area of Interest)? The loading/unloading of players within a set parameter of the client player?
                        Hi, area of interest is a part of UE4's built-in networking and is used in the kit without changes. It is called Net Cull Distance in Unreal.

Wow! Nice work! Any chance you're adding that non-target combat to your kit as well?
                        Maybe eventually, but not in the next update. It is kinda easy to implement yourself, I prefer to concentrate on difficult stuff that is present in most MMOs and can be demonstrated within a single demo. Such as zone/server travel, group chat, battlegrounds, mounts, etc.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                          I might have an Idea of what is going on.

Did you use the UE4 migrate feature?

or

did you copy it out the content folder?

I encountered the same problem with other projects if you did not migrate
                          Hi,

do you know if there is a solution at that problem without migrate ?
                          If a take a copy of the mmo kit, empty the content folder and migrate for my project who have that problem, that could resolve the problem ?

Comment

Wow! Things are really looking really nice CodeSpartan, good job! I know I'm a bit late on that with the 4.8 update, but I haven't really had the chance to have a go with it until now.
                            Feel free to add me on the launcher or Skype. I'm always happy to chat and give a hand.

Currently, only one game credit, which is Monstrum.

Comment

@CodeSpartan, that looks insanely cool.

BTW, to make it easier for people to vote on Greenlight, check out this blog: http://www.powargrid.com/blog/linking-to-greenlight

It shows how to make a link that will open the Greenlight page in Steam, which should vastly increase the amount of votes you get (since most people skip out on voting when presented with the login page in the browser).
                              Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

1. How would the engine perform / handle large open worlds keeping loading screens to a minimal?

2. How would the engine perform with the possibility of having hundreds of people in a single location?

I was recently impressed with a GREENLIGHT project from STEAM, those two questions above however are not answered in what information they have provided to the public as of yet (Project Genom)

If anyone here knows anything I'd appreciate the information provided.

Thanks,

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                                X