Clear All

tomofnz, sent you a PM.
    MMO Starter Kit
    Dialogue Plugin
    Voxel Plugin
    Character Customization: Female
    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

Im interested in purchasing this kit. are there any plans to add sample spells on a ui and casts plus a party/invite system? Also why is it not on the Unreal Store? I would have purchased it by now if it was avalible there.

Edit: Just purchased it.
      Last edited by shaunalvarez; 05-10-2015, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Hey
        CodeSpartan,

Are you planning to sell it in marketplace?
        I can't wait to have my own Wow UnRealm Server!

Luny
        lunybunny.com
        lunybunny.com

Comment

Gratz on getting the kit... And good luck in making your MMO dream come true.
          Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
          Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
            Quest system WIP:
            Looks great, can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunalvarez View Post
              Im interested in purchasing this kit. are there any plans to add sample spells on a ui and casts plus a party/invite system? Also why is it not on the Unreal Store? I would have purchased it by now if it was avalible there.

Edit: Just purchased it.
              It's because it uses 3rd party plugins (VaRest) and also c++ code. Currently the marketplace will not allow for C++ code changes (or plugins).
              WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
              World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
              WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

@CodeSpartan

Hey man, fantastic work!

I'm just wondering if a first person view can be added? Is it possible? I'm fairly new to unreal engine and C++!

Thanks

Comment

Here is another happy customer, just bought to learn how to make multiplayer with blueprint, codespartan was always there to help on skype, recommended.

Comment

I'm just wondering if a first person view can be added? Is it possible? I'm fairly new to unreal engine and C++!
                    Hi, you don't need C++ for that but you do have to be familiar with blueprints and how to make a first person view in a single player game. You could take a look at Unreal's FPS template project.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hi CodeSpartan,

I have a question about your C++ part.
                      Do we need C++ code for the serveur connexion or we only need it's for Varest ?
                      I have see code for the quality of items but for the other i can't understand what the code do.

If we don't use C++ with your project what will no more work ?

Thx
                      Last edited by Meriamon; 05-16-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meriamon View Post
                        I have a question about your C++ part.
                        Do we need C++ code for the serveur connexion or we only need it's for Varest ?
                        I have see code for the quality of items but for the other i can't understand what the code do.

If we don't use C++ with your project what will no more work ?
                        The project is about 95% blueprints, the C++ part is very small, but you can't just remove it (why would you want to?)

C++ is used for

1) connecting to the chat socket server (SocketConnect, exposed to blueprints) and
                        2) inventory item data assets ItemData and Equipment (since you can't create a new data asset type from the editor).

There are also a couple of new blueprint nodes in MMOUtility function library.
                        Last edited by CodeSpartan; 05-16-2015, 09:08 AM.
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Ok, Thx

so if i remove your inventory and equipment part for add an other, i will have somes problems for save them ?

i m trying to had an other system for inventory / equipment / Skills / HotBar who can have a link for show them in hotbar.

Comment

Has anyone had the problem of custom inventory icons showing as white squares in the inventory (after populating the item's data asset)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-17 17_00_12-CleanThirdPerson (64-bit, PCD3D_SM5).png
Views:	1
Size:	695.4 KB
ID:	1076525

Comment

Originally posted by tomofnz View Post
                              Has anyone had the problem of custom inventory icons showing as white squares in the inventory (after populating the item's data asset)?
                              Hi, all inventory item icons should be placed in the same folder as the demo item icons (/Game/MMO/Textures), since they are loaded from that folder when the game starts. (UE4 doesn't load textures which are not referenced automatically, and item icons are not referenced when the game starts)

If you want to change that folder, change this node in MMOPlayerController:Click image for larger version

Name:	loaditemicons.png
Views:	1
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	1076541

This was in the user guide, Troubleshooting section by the way.
                              MMO Starter Kit
                              Dialogue Plugin
                              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Oh cool, I didn't see the troubleshooter info.

Nice to be able to set a custom folder for icons too.
                                Last edited by tomofnz; 05-18-2015, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X