No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PvP can be handled very differently and I believe has caused a lot of "holy wars" on various game forums You could also think of some "totally safe zones" (at least for the new players), and a way to prevent camping at the respawn sites (high level npc guards? safe zones?) PvP partial or even full loot is also something to consider.
    MMO Starter Kit
    Dialogue Plugin
    Voxel Plugin
    Character Customization: Female
    Character Custmization: Male

Comment

I haven't tried to implement this yet, but here's what you could do: each time a group is created, the server adds it to an array called "Groups" and removes it when the group is disbanded. In MMOPlayerCharacter create an int variable called "Group" and send the group's index in the array to the client when the player joins/leaves group. Do the same for raids. Do the same for the guilds/alliances/mega-alliances with the exception of their ids being stored in mysql db.

Currently in MMOPlayerController it checks the target class - if it's an AICharacter, it's attackable. Change that to MMOCharacter so that the players are attackable too and also check that the Group, Guild, Alliance etc variables are not the same for the attacker and attack target.
      Last edited by CodeSpartan; 04-30-2015, 01:39 PM.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin

Comment

download the demo and made a character but it does not load the level

Comment

Hi xion,

The server was down, it's back online now.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Thanks for making this available CodeSpartan. Seriously. If anything, it's worth $95 alone just to study and learn from...even if you don't intend to make an MMO.

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
            Hi xion,

The server was down, it's back online now.

Comment

Hm. It's a good example. But it's target system. How can I Modify it for no target combat system?

Comment

Originally posted by Forn View Post
                Hm. It's a good example. But it's target system. How can I Modify it for no target combat system?
                Hi,

If you know how to make a no target combat system in a single player UE4 project, it shouldn't be hard to add that in place of the default system. You could use Line Trace For Objects for weapons that use crosshair (the line would start at the gun and go forward in the camera direction, its length would be the gun's range) and Sphere Overlap Actors for weapons that don't. There are tutorials available on the web/YouTube on how to make a simple FPS setup in UE4.
                Last edited by CodeSpartan; 05-05-2015, 03:33 PM.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin

Comment

Eh... Ok. I Will take a look..thanks...
                  I think it will be nice to place two version of you system: classik target, and non target. $) Don't you?

Comment

-Snip-
                    Any preview for what you have in store for UE Update 4.8

Comment

Originally posted by majorcyto View Post
                      Any preview for what you have in store for UE Update 4.8
                      Quest system WIP:
                      Attached Files
                      MMO Starter Kit
                      Dialogue Plugin
                      Voxel Plugin

Comment

Quest system WIP:
                        Oo, very nice! I look forward to seeing it

Comment

How to set Chest armor for client character?

Hi CodeSpartan

I am trying to force a character playing on the client into a custom armor kit I've made and everything works except the chest, which is set last in the train of equipping in my blueprint. In game it doesn't get set to what I specified and shows as none. I've set the default armor to be blue, but the character's chest is showing as white, which is why I think it's actually 'none'. When i'm running in PIE, and just setting the player controller 0, the chest sets just fine. it makes no difference if I try to set the chest first in the train of equipping. All the equipment has a material instance (although the legs have two material elements and there's only one entry in the 'RogueBreeches' DataAsset's override field).

Here's the log:

Code:
                          [2015.05.09-06.59.24:379][946]LogVaRest: Response (200): {"status":"OK","name":"RogueBear","inventory":[{"slot":1,"item":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueArmor.RogueArmor'","amount":1},{"slot":0,"item":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueArmor.RogueArmor'","amount":1}],"health":300,"mana":0,"level":0,"experience":0,"posx":4735,"posy":-3276,"posz":17543,"rotation_yaw":-0.705872,"equip_head":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueHelm2.RogueHelm2'","equip_chest":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueArmor.RogueArmor'","equip_hands":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueHands.RogueHands'","equip_legs":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueBreeches.RogueBreeches'","equip_feet":"Equipment'\/Game\/MMO\/Blueprints\/Inventory\/RogueBoots.RogueBoots'"}
                          [2015.05.09-06.59.24:380][946]LogArray:Warning: Attempted to get an item from array Materials out of bounds [0/0]!
                          [/HTML][/HTML]

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-09 19_21_36-CleanThirdPerson - Unreal Editor.png
Views:	1
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	1075999
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-05-09 19_22_13-CleanThirdPerson - Unreal Editor.png
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1076000

Comment

Originally posted by tomofnz View Post
                            -Snip-
                            Catching him on skype would be quicker, or you could at least link him to your post. I don't think he checks this every day but he is on skype often and always responds when i asks questions.

Comment

Agreed,

When I was setting up the kit the first time, Codespartan was always there to help me. I swear, the guy doesn't sleep. I bet I had 50 questions that I asked over 20-30 days. The one time, I asked a question in Skype chat, and got no answer... an hour or so later, he answered. But, before the help, he apologized for taking so long to answer. Said he had family thing going on. ROFL!!.. Like he needed to apologize.. good grief.. the guy is AWESOME.

I have had to table trying to work on the kit until I can get a inhome machine back up and running. When it is though, the MMOkit works so well after that first learning curve, I doubt I'll have much to ask Code. If I need to though, I know I can drop him a Skype chat and he'll be there.
                              Clifford Brock

Gamer / Tinkers with MMO Kit
                              Game: Claws&Paws

Comment

Working...
                              X