MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkkitten View Post
    Is it going to be compatible with the release of 4.7?
    I would assume so

Comment

Upd: The update is finished and is on the demo server. I'm going to make some changes to the documentation and upload it on Sellfy in the next 1-2 days (and will post the patch notes then). Yes, the kit has been fully ported to 4.7
      Last edited by CodeSpartan; 02-27-2015, 01:47 AM.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait to get it up and running!!!!!

Comment

You are so my hero

Comment

I'm hoping to see a change log soon . I logged into the server but saw nothing different , so I was hoping to see a change log to see whats new :P

Comment

The new release is available on Sellfy!

1.1 Release notes

Special thanks to qdelpeche for several security ideas that were implemented!

Modular characters

Characters can now consist of body parts. Items that change the appearance of characters can be equipped, unequipped and swapped.

Pressing the C key opens up the equipment window where character doll and equipment can be seen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	updateresized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	1067391

Droppable items

Items can be flagged as "Droppable" that allows characters to drop those items to the ground and pick them up

Name:	droppable.png
Size:	704.6 KB
ID:	1067388

Item Quality

Items can now be of different quality (Poor, Common, Uncommon...) It affects the color of the item's title in the tooltip.

Name:	quality.png
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	1067389

Better Security
              • added protection from sql injections to all php scripts
              • passwords are stored securely with the help of the new PHP 5.5 encryption
              • all registration fields are now cleared after a successful registration. After a failed registration, both password fields are cleared.

Ported to Unreal 4.7

You will need the new release of UE4 from github to work with the updated kit.

Other features
              • A draggable window base widget has been added that allows you to create your own draggable windows
              • Draggable windows now appear on top of others when focused
              • db connection settings have been removed from all php scripts and placed in a separate mmoconnection.php script, so you only have to change it there
              • added simple email validation that checks if email contains a @
              • added password validation - password has to be at least 6 characters now
              • Item tooltip now lists the item's quality and armor stat (for equipment)
              • Item tooltip is displayed next to the item now, as opposed to always in the same location
              • adjusted ui scaling curve so that the UI looks good at lower screen resolutions, such as 1366x768
              • respawn location is now where the Player Start actor is (previously you had to enter the coordinates in the blueprint)
              • New blueprint nodes: ClampVector2D, GetPosition and GetSize (for UMG widgets), and a node that gets the default material of a skeletal mesh
              • Changed the default UI fonts for a slightly more stylish look

Bug fixes
              • removed json header line that was causing an error on some servers
              • fixed a registration bug when the username was already taken
              • fixed a bug with logged in characters not respawning if they were dead at the time of logout
              • movement and mouse look are now disabled in the main menu
              • main menu UMG panels use the eye button now for visibility, and not the scale = 0 workaround
              • fixed a bug in the patch system that didn't allow the patcher to delete the files that were removed in the new version
              • reduced the project size by 400MB by removing extra materials and textures (desert map is still there for now)
              • removed unused C++ classes

Demo server changes
              • Users and characters have been wiped
              • Bandits now drop three equippable armor pieces
              • Ancient Tome can now be dropped and picked up
              • added jump animation to the demo sword girl character
              Attached Files
              Last edited by CodeSpartan; 03-01-2015, 04:35 AM.
              MMO Starter Kit
              Dialogue Plugin
              Voxel Plugin

Comment

Nice, I was looking for the 4.7 update before I purchased it. Ty sir

One small thing though. Could you include in the name of the download the current version? Ex: MMO Starter Kit for Unreal (4.7)
                Last edited by SaviorNT; 03-01-2015, 01:47 AM.
                WIP: Science Project - A collection of middle school through advanced college level science theory and formula-based functions for use in your own projects
                World Machine to UE4 Export Macro
                WM Folder Generator - Creates a folder that you name with HeightMap, NormalMap, SplatMap, and Tile sub-folders

Comment

The updated version is up on Sellfy now! The documentation has been updated, while the old documentation is still available from the link in the first post. Since the update is so big, don't hesitate to contact me if something is unclear in the docs of if you come across a bug.

Originally posted by SaviorNT View Post
                  Nice, I was looking for the 4.7 update before I purchased it. Ty sir

One small thing though. Could you include in the name of the download the current version? Ex: MMO Starter Kit for Unreal (4.7)
                  Hi, and thanks for your interest in this. The new filename is mmo-starter-kit-for-unreal-4.7.zip
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin

Comment

Oh awesome!

Love the better security and new features

Comment

Glad to see the update is live, I too waited until first update to make a purchase and will be acquiring this kit promptly.

Thank you for all your hard work CodeSpartan!

Comment

Noticed a few things with the update. Anyone else seeing any of this?

1) GameHUD is getting the PC's MaxHealth as 0, and as such, not populating the health bar or text overlay correctly.
                        2) Auto-attack reports "too far away" immediately, regardless of proximity to target, and never fires.
                        2b) PC's CurrentTarget is showing unassigned in the Details pane during PIE.
                        @thereisnoscotty
                        Grand Marshal of the Parade of Madfellows

Comment

Originally posted by soctty View Post
                          Noticed a few things with the update. Anyone else seeing any of this?

1) GameHUD is getting the PC's MaxHealth as 0, and as such, not populating the health bar or text overlay correctly.
                          2) Auto-attack reports "too far away" immediately, regardless of proximity to target, and never fires.
                          Hi, it seems to be a bug with Unreal - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-180475 , you can comment there if you'd like, I hope this will get fixed soon.

As a workaround you have to zero out the parent's variables (MMOModularCharacter) and override them in the child (GuyModularPC), the variables that are causing this are MaxHealth, AttackRange and AttackPower but it's best to do it for all important variables.

Originally posted by soctty View Post
                          2b) PC's CurrentTarget is showing unassigned in the Details pane during PIE.
                          It's normal, this is because CurrentTarget is not replicated and the Details tab show server-side info. You can Eject to see client-side info.
                          MMO Starter Kit
                          Dialogue Plugin
                          Voxel Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan
                            Hi, it seems to be a bug with Unreal - https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...#answer-180475 , you can comment there if you'd like, I hope this will get fixed soon.

As a workaround you have to zero out the parent's variables (MMOModularCharacter) and override them in the child (GuyModularPC), the variables that are causing this are MaxHealth, AttackRange and AttackPower but it's best to do it for all important variables.
                            I had a feeling it'd be something like that, looking over the Blueprints. Everything looked solid.

Originally posted by CodeSpartan
                            It's normal, this is because CurrentTarget is not replicated and the Details tab show server-side info. You can Eject to see client-side info.
                            Wasn't sure about that one. Just seemed like it might be related, since other values had gone missing. Thanks!
                            @thereisnoscotty
                            Grand Marshal of the Parade of Madfellows

Comment

Hi, When I am starting it up for the first time. I get to the part in your Docs that say to register and create a character. I can register just fine, but it doesn't let me create a character for my first character. So I am stuck there.

Comment

Really loving the update. Do you think it would be a pain in the butt to implement player to player inventory trading? It's not really a request, I'm more curious than anything. I'm more of an artist, so I wouldn't really know.

As for webhosts with PHP 5.5, it's hard as hell finding one that isn't 5.3/5.4. Not to mention I'm cheap, so finding a free host was even harder. I did find x10 have PHP 5.5 on their free hosting though, and it seems to work just fine, if anyone is just as cheap as me. Just remember, no remote SQL access so your DB hostname would have to be localhost.
                                Feel free to add me on the launcher or Skype. I'm always happy to chat and give a hand.

Currently, only one game credit, which is Monstrum.

Comment

Working...
                                X