Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    And now im back to where re-targeting isnt working PERIOD...I'm getting tired of this broken stuff :/
    Its not even working on the fresh mmokit -.-

    Comment


      Hey. I can always be contacted by email when I'm not around for a while.
      Sorry for the long delay in answering.

      auto-relatiation
      There's no auto retaliation. Did you code it yourself? Because I just checked, I don't have any behavior when the player gets hit.
      I'll try to put something together tomorrow and get back to you.

      No loot particle effects are spawning anywhere on dead bodies. Not sure if this is intentional?
      I started working on it, but I never finished it.

      Issue #3: When i added my doll map over into my main map, my FPS dropped from 60+ to low 40's.
      Doll map exists for this:


      Not sure why you have a fps drop. Does it happen in stock mmo kit for you?
      Try doing a backup and then deleting things from the dollmap. The three point lights and the spot light. Then the doll. Experiment with it a little.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Customization: Male

      Comment


        Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
        Hey. I can always be contacted by email when I'm not around for a while.
        Sorry for the long delay in answering.


        There's no auto retaliation. Did you code it yourself? Because I just checked, I don't have any behavior when the player gets hit.
        I'll try to put something together tomorrow and get back to you.


        I started working on it, but I never finished it.


        Doll map exists for this:


        Not sure why you have a fps drop. Does it happen in stock mmo kit for you?
        Try doing a backup and then deleting things from the dollmap. The three point lights and the spot light. Then the doll. Experiment with it a little.
        What is the email i can contact you on? I didnt see one on your very first post or in profile :O

        So here is a video to show you and explain the 2 things (Auto-Retarget, Auto-Retaliation)



        As for the dollmap, its not a huge performance hit. I've retested a spot to check and its only the difference of like 5 fps. I'm going to try to package the game and do my tests there to see if maybe its just the editor thats causing the extra loss in frames. I'm going to do 2 packaging, 1 with dollmap and 1 without it, then ill get back to you if i find something off. I did try deleting the spotlights about a week ago and it did make a difference of a couple frames.
        Last edited by 8DrunkenGods; 11-22-2020, 11:55 PM.

        Comment


          Hey, I watched the first two minutes and realized that I was wrong. I thought that there was no auto retarget, but I saw the "auto retarget" function in your video and it jogged my memory. I haven't watched the video past the 2 minute mark, sorry, but I'd rather prefer text if there's anything important there.
          I'll try to fix the auto retarget issue within the next few days and I'll post the fix here.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin
          Character Customization: Female
          Character Customization: Male

          Comment


            Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
            Hey, I watched the first two minutes and realized that I was wrong. I thought that there was no auto retarget, but I saw the "auto retarget" function in your video and it jogged my memory. I haven't watched the video past the 2 minute mark, sorry, but I'd rather prefer text if there's anything important there.
            I'll try to fix the auto retarget issue within the next few days and I'll post the fix here.
            Fair enough, ill keep things in the future as pics and text. Thanks for looking into it! The video shows how i 'fixed' it if you want to call it a fix lol.

            Comment


              Is the demo still working?
              I installed it and created a character but when i goto play just looks like im under the world and cant do anything...
              Any ideas?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Sosly69 View Post
                Is the demo still working?
                I installed it and created a character but when i goto play just looks like im under the world and cant do anything...
                Any ideas?
                Your character fell under the ground and his coordinates are saved as such in the db.
                When in play mode, go to World Outliner, click on ViewOptions->World->Server, then search for "player" in the outliner, look for BP_MBP_ModularPlayerCharacter_C, select it and change its position, in particular set the Z axis to 21000 or higher.
                Your character will find itself above ground and from then on it will save into db with correct coordinates.
                Last edited by CodeSpartan; 11-26-2020, 01:05 PM.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin
                Character Customization: Female
                Character Customization: Male

                Comment


                  Originally posted by 8DrunkenGods View Post

                  Fair enough, ill keep things in the future as pics and text. Thanks for looking into it! The video shows how i 'fixed' it if you want to call it a fix lol.
                  Had a look at the code. I'll add it to the next version, but otherwise here's how it should look:

                  Cut out the big chunk of nodes here:

                  Add this:


                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin
                  Character Customization: Female
                  Character Customization: Male

                  Comment


                    Perfect Thanks a lot, works great!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X