No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize if this has been asked before, but how many players does the base version of the starter kit handle? Also how big can the map size be?

Comment

Originally posted by Legionarus View Post
      I apologize if this has been asked before, but how many players does the base version of the starter kit handle? Also how big can the map size be?
      ... I believe the last I saw was a test of that base map with something like a couple hundred clients connected with zero issues, and it wasn't that it was the limit to its capabilities, but the amount of players they could scrape up at the time, the limitations are based on your ability to not waste resources and to mitigate gpu and cpu usage. And that was a long time ago, there might have been a larger test since.

How big the map is, well is up to you and your ability to use the tools UE4 provides to minimize GPU/CPU usage. A lot of people want that open world, but that's not always the smartest way.

Multiple maps with choked portals to connect to different maps run separately is a good way (in this case each map being set to a different port, pretty sure that is covered in the starter guide?), but if you are going for open world feel, look into streaming levels.

I don't think map-size is specifically an mmo kit related issue. Look into tools like occlusion, LODs and other techniques to pull off big world builds, be weary of tessellation on big maps, a lot of people buy auto landscaping materials on the market which use tessellation to look good, that will cause serious lag on big maps, so if you use those be sure to turn tessellation down or off and minimize spawned foliage (if you look at real games out there they usually have much less spawned stuff and foliage then most Unreal scenes that I have seen.)

I have personally tested level streaming with the kit (where only the chunk you are looking at is loaded, not just occluded.)

... but long story short, multiple servers ran on different ports each holding a map, then connecting through some portal in game... or level streaming for a huge open world feel, is what I would go with, both are pretty routine. That's not to say there aren't more answers out there, you could branch out to youtube or other forum discussions talking about these things, the discussions around here seem more mmo kit related but there are a TON of resources out there about pulling off large maps.

...but don't take my word for it, I almost never speak around here but I do read this topic. =)
      Last edited by 6gg Studios; 06-05-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

I have Error:
        ERROR: Client targets are not currently supported from this engine distribution.

I'm using UE 4.25.1 from Epic. I need download source from github and compile?

Comment

OK, it's working now, but how to protect my game for Cheat Engine?

Comment

By making things server-authoritative, you're automatically protected against most cheats.

The only thing that cheat engine allows is to tick more often and therefore run faster. But since Epic released Fortnite and worked on their anti-cheat system, I'm not even sure that would still work.
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin
            Character Customization: Female
            Character Customization: Male

Comment

Hmmm Cheat Engine allow to make change speed

Comment

wow, it is still in development, cool!

Comment

Hey Guys

DSSLite a server management system for MMOKite Now available on marketplace
                  Playable demo

Features:
                  • Dynamically spinning up new servers to scale up the maximum number of players
                  • Dungeon instantiation by ID for groups
                  • Automatic recovering of faulted servers and servers monitoring
                  • Terminating servers after timeout if they are empty to save resources
                  • Full Blueprints support
                  • Support Linux and Windows VPSs
                  • Password protected authentication
                  • Protected servers (will not be terminated even if it is empty)
                  • Multiple DSS servers can be used on same VPS
                  • Can be integrated with any project
                  • Supports MMO Starter Kit
                  Discord channel
                  Trailer video
                  Last edited by MrShaaban; 08-25-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Hello I'm having trouble ruining the client to setup a new character. This is what I'm getting heres a pic.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_202526.png
Views:	359
Size:	524.4 KB
ID:	1810947

Iv changed this to what the docs say to do. I have my php and mysql setup I even tried getting a new website just to make sure that I did not miss anything but all looks good. Please help thanks
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled2.png Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	1810949

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                      By making things server-authoritative, you're automatically protected against most cheats.

The only thing that cheat engine allows is to tick more often and therefore run faster. But since Epic released Fortnite and worked on their anti-cheat system, I'm not even sure that would still work.
                      "The only thing that cheat engine allows is to tick more often and therefore run faster." That wouldn't work either.

Comment

Originally posted by Realm Games View Post
                        Hello I'm having trouble ruining the client to setup a new character. This is what I'm getting heres a pic.

Name:	image_202526.png
Views:	359
Size:	524.4 KB
ID:	1810947

Iv changed this to what the docs say to do. I have my php and mysql setup I even tried getting a new website just to make sure that I did not miss anything but all looks good. Please help thanks
                        Click image for larger version Name:	Untitled2.png Views:	0 Size:	156.9 KB ID:	1810949
                        Those errors aside, what happens in the game that's unexpected?
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin
                        Character Customization: Female
                        Character Customization: Male

Comment

Hello CodeSpartan I got it to work, what i did was download a new version of unreal engine source, so I downloaded the 4.25 version and compiled it and did the database parts and everything and it works now, its just because I downloaded a new version then what the docs say,

Comment

CodeSpartan Hey whats up. I'm new around here and just recently purchased the mmokit. Currently im having an issue with auto retaliation. If i have say 5 aggro bandits on me (red guy) and line them up, sometimes it will go to the next target, other times it wont. I dont really know whats going wrong but its not always retaliating so my character will just sit there being hit while not retaliating. I even tried a fresh mmokit install and it still does it. Can you please look into this?
                            On 1 test it successfully killed all 5 red guys but not 1 orange guy i happened to hit before stopping to test it.
                            On another test it retaliated after the first kill (so 2nd target) then no more (3 other npcs were left attacking me constantly while i just stood there).

edit: I think it may have something to do with the dead bodies on the ground. I've noticed twice in a row it didnt attack my final target (5th guy) and i started backing up and the guy wasnt running after me (he was stuck on the dead bodys on ground). If i had to guess, id say it was going to retarget to nearest AI but the dead body somehow cancels it out.
                            (re-edit regarding above) - i changed the dissapear to 0.1 and it still ends up stopping the auto attack, along with the occasional error of:
                            Blueprint Runtime Error: "Accessed None trying to read property CurrentTarget". Blueprint: BP_MMOCharacter Function: Execute Ubergraph BP MMOCharacter Graph: EventGraph Node: Branch )

(Additional re-edit) - after literally 4 hours of testing everything i can, i have determined the following:
                            *Changing 'Pawn' collision in the AI collision sphere to 'ignore' so that the AI arent being blocked and can run through each other has fixed nothing. It still randomly stops attacking/retargetting even tho i still have AI on me
                            *Hitting all 5 AI in a round robin style changed nothing (was thinking maybe there is an aggro number somewhere and once its down to 0 the system stops auto-retargetting to the Ai in question with 0 aggro on my own character, or something like that).
                            *Tried messing all around with collision for Mesh and the capsule component made no difference when it comes to retargeting. I tried so many mix and matches for both and didnt get the results i was hoping for.
                            *Tried adding in a collision trace on AI death inside the 'Capsule Component' to change 'Pawn' to 'Ignore' so that npc's can run through a dead guy but that didnt change anything, its almost like the nameplates have their own collision or something. I just might need to test more on this one.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	branch.jpg Views:	0 Size:	446.3 KB ID:	1832199

Issue #2: No loot particle effects are spawning anywhere on dead bodies. Not sure if this is intentional? I found the little segment of code (BP) and it looks like it would be fine but im not seeing any particle effects at all

Issue #3: When i added my doll map over into my main map, my FPS dropped from 60+ to low 40's. If i make it invisible in the editor i get the frames back but once im in game its just a constant loss of FPS. No idea why this small doll map would kill my frame rate O_o
                            Last edited by 8DrunkenGods; 11-13-2020, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Issue #1 Fixed. Took me 8+ hours for such a simple fix -.-
                              All it needed was a delay node in the retarget sequence. My guess is its triggering that whole sequence too fast or its trying to target the same now dead target.Perhaps the rest of the system needs that time to register some changes to the now dead AI. By giving it a short delay it fixes the issue so whatever, im happy.

Name:	retargeting fix.png
Views:	85
Size:	443.7 KB
ID:	1832247

Comment

Is anybody actually able to contact code spartan? There's not much support going on here There is the discord channel but only code spartan is going to know how to fix certain stuff or whats going wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X