No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone experiencing any issues with the save system? What I'm experiencing is the saving is not working for any character other than the play in editor character 0. I can connect, log in, create new characters, and all that works but once that character is in the world it no longer saves and it does not even load the characters name. This is an unedited project aside from server connection pieces.

Comment

Character saves/loads are explicitly logged with varest. You should look at the logs to see what's going on, or paste here.
      MMO Starter Kit
      Dialogue Plugin
      Voxel Plugin
      Character Customization: Female
      Character Customization: Male

Comment

Are there varest specific logs or just the generic ue logs?

From what I've been able to gather from the logs AuthorizeEnter never gets called in the packaged build and it just loads in a generic character.
        Last edited by AlleyKilla; 05-07-2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlleyKilla View Post
          Are there varest specific logs or just the generic ue logs?

From what I've been able to gather from the logs AuthorizeEnter never gets called in the packaged build and it just loads in a generic character.
          The "generic character" gets loaded if something fails in the process of retrieving your character. So yes, you have to look at logs (on the server side) and see what fails.
          MMO Starter Kit
          Dialogue Plugin
          Voxel Plugin

Comment

I've uploaded the 4.25 version on Sellfy.

If you want to upgrade an existing project from 4.24 to 4.25, get the latest version of VaRest and TCP Socket Plugin (they're probably not yet available on the marketplace, so wait for them or get them from the 4.25 version on Sellfy).
            Then do the following in blueprints: https://youtu.be/y8KxODQOR0U
            MMO Starter Kit
            Dialogue Plugin
            Voxel Plugin

Comment

CodeSpartan Running into some issues with the updater/deploy/launcher on windows server2012 R2 hosting system i have. The uploader gets to 99/100 but still says completed hit any key to close but does not close on any key. The deploy looks fine when moving the files but seems like there is something strange going on between the hash file and the zip file inside the sizes for the files seem off. The zip file hash shows the files being bigger then then hash files. They all have a size and none show 0 so the next part is whats driven me crazy. When i use the launcher it will pull down the folder structure and the files to the temp folder but all the files come down as having 0kb in them and on the move from the temp file to the game folder the files seem to just be deleted and i am only left with the folder structure with no files. Any idea what could be causing this spent the better part of 3 days trying everything i can think to get it working even down to completely reinstalling everything on the server fresh os.

Comment

The uploader gets to 99/100 but still says completed hit any key to close but does not close on any key.
                That's fine, that's just some racing conditions. I know that it happens sometimes, but since it's a developer tool and players never see this, I just never fixed this. It's not indicative of any problem though. It's just that the processes ended before "100%" could be drawn on screen, and the program quit.

Originally posted by melfesto View Post
                The zip file hash shows the files being bigger then then hash files.
                Probably because it's the size of unzipped files.

Originally posted by melfesto View Post
                When i use the launcher it will pull down the folder structure and the files to the temp folder but all the files come down as having 0kb in them
                That's definitely a problem.
                When the uploader uploads the big zip file, instead of going to the admin panel and hitting "deploy update", try downloading the big archive manually and check if everything is ok inside.
                My guess is that all is ok inside that big archive, which would mean that the php's "deployment" script messes something up, probably due to the php script being interrupted during execution (some hosters shut down scripts that take longer than 8-10 seconds), or php being misconfigured. In that case, looking at php's log would probably help figure out what's going on.
                MMO Starter Kit
                Dialogue Plugin
                Voxel Plugin

Comment

CodeSpartan figured it out. In case anyone else is running on window's server and comes across this check in your mime types in your iis server and make sure to manually add in the 7zip to it. That is what was causing the files to come down with no data in them. now on to trying to figure out how to migrate my 4.24 project to the 4.25 any easy way of doing this?

Comment

Yes. Described a few posts above.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin

Comment

So only changes between .24 and .25 is the varest and tcp plugins?

Comment

Yes.
                        (Can't post just one word... "Please enter a message with at least 10 characters")
                        MMO Starter Kit
                        Dialogue Plugin
                        Voxel Plugin

Comment

Hi CodeSpartan,
                          i have a little problem for use the player chat. I'm on windows 2016 server and 4.25 version of your kit
                          i think the configuration is good but he dont work when i play from the UE4 editor. All character stats / name etc work but not the chat.
                          the chat is on the same server avec mysql and i use the exact same hostname. i try to desactivate the firewall but it's the same.

In your chat folder there is a newtonsoft.json.dll . do i need to drop it on a windows system folder for use the chat ?

my chat windows :

Click image for larger version

Name:	tempsnip.png
Views:	566
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1762014

i also have this message after stop play :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	520
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1762015

Thx
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Meriamon; 05-16-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Are you using unmodified mmo kit version?

This is where the error happens in your code:

Do you have the same code in this method?

But this code is for client only. Why is your server not connecting to chat?
                            In PIE the editor will always attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1. But in cooked build, the server will attempt to connect to the address from mmogetserver.php.
                            MMO Starter Kit
                            Dialogue Plugin
                            Voxel Plugin

Comment

I'm using a fresh 4.25 version of the kit atm. You answer my problem.
                              I'm in PIE editor and i was triing to use chat on vps server with the mysql. But now it's good if i launch the chat on the dev computer.

Thx a lot. Good evening

Comment

Hello, since i have installed the Steam online subsytem in my game. When a client try to connect to the dedicated server, i receive this error : PreLogin failure: incompatible_unique_net_id and the client cannot connect?

What i need to add to be able to run your kit with the Steam online susbsystem?

Comment

Working...
                                X