No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CodeSpartan I am confused! I have opened the Anim according to the step four and see this:

This is where I am getting lost! I am looking for the State Machine and I am not sure where the State Machine is...

Is that Visible (the State Machine or did I miss something?)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Greystone_AnimBP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	443.4 KB ID:	1724419

Comment

IFamStudios the state machines are nested below the animgraph. if you you use the arrow and open the section you will see them.

Also while we all want to run, sometimes we have to crawl first. i would highly recommend some videos on the subject. they helped me greatly.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYFeFUxU6DI

Click image for larger version

Name:	machinestates.png
Views:	760
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	1724453

Comment

CodeSpartan I believe that I have figured out what I am supposed to do here now. As I have gotten beyond step #4 in the Guide. I still need to do the same steps for the non-combat as I did for the combat. The one thing though is my screen looks a bit different than the example in the updated guide. Thanks for the update to the Doc.

I have a screenshot I can include later if you have any questions.

Comment

CodeSpartan Thank You! Prior to seeing your response, I was able to get this made:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Greystone1.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	449.5 KB
ID:	1724477

I did the first part of this which was part 4 where I moved the walk, run and idle states I didn't do the non-combat yet as I mentioned as I tried to skip a few steps. in terms of crawling, I didn't crawl as I should have when I was learning I learned to walk first! Then again, we all learn at different speeds! I don't always get things immediately and digesting material sometimes takes me a little bit. Thanks for your guidance.

Comment

@CodeSpartan

After some failures and restarting from ground zero, I have Greystone as the Player Character! For some reason I can't figure out, is the HUD is no longer working now. I didn't alter or change anything related to HUD at all. I know in the Greystone Character there is some input which is supposed to be replaced and haven't done that yet as I am lost there now. I haven't altered the Inventory Doll which might be linked to the HUD? (I don't know, just guessing as I did that step once before and something else happened. I know too when I package the project my Player Character is a Mannequin. Will poke around some more and will report back.
            Last edited by IFamStudios; 02-26-2020, 09:37 PM.

Comment

CodeSpartan Now my BP_Modular_Doll is playing dead! Whoops! Something is definitely not right here.

Comment

Hi, tell me how many changes need to be done to make a non-target system?

Comment

hey guys, I am developing a dynamic server system for MMOKIT. you can find more at:
                  DSS

Comment

Update: CodeSpartan The Good news is The PC Character is now Greystone from Paragon! The movement input is not working correctly. At least I have the hud working now, not sure what I did to finally fix it except the clean start over I did. I believe I am set up with Source Control Also! Lots of progress recently!

Comment

Goodmorning everyone. I apologize for the trivial questions but unfortunately I'm at the beginning with the use of blueprints. I'm trying to solve a big problem with the correct orientation of the character in the movement. Practically the lateral movement (A and D ..) does not seem to follow the right orientation .... The character while moving in the right direction continues to keep the front direction giving his back to the camera as if he were still walking forward. Thanks in advance

Comment

After days and days trying to understand the mechanisms how the movement is linked to animation, I managed to solve the problem by replacing the existing 1D blend space with a 2d type (both for combat and non-combat). Adding in this new one the lateral and walking back animations, simply modifying the existing ABP_Mannequin's EventGraph for have the necessary speeds forward and lateral values, the new animation works in an excellent way.
                        I'm happy

Comment

for anyone interested here is the newest test release of our client. client.legacyofares.com

Comment

Im have having an issue with setting up multiple races. I know how to do them as single player but not sure with how this is set up.The database already holds and sets the class id so i was thinking about setting it up with classes Enum and each class having its own mesh. I know in single player you can just set it up through the widget and have lets say they click the warrior button and it changes the mesh to something else. Can I do the same thing with this or do i need to start somewhere else?

Comment

CodeSpartan Good Evening, Im deeply sorry if there might been already a question, but, is it possible to use this kit not as 3rd person? As reading the documentation, I see that when installing... it asks for Thridperson, but can I for example use top down view (aka Isometric) ?

Comment

Morphis1792 in our game we have 2 races. we added a new int field to the db. In our case we called it allegiance. We added a choice to the main menu widget so you can select it on character creation. additionally you have to add the new field to the php scripts mmocreatecharacter, mmogetcharacters, mmogetcharacter and mmosavecharacter. of course there may be other scripts depending on your needs and usage. since the field in the db is an int you can have several races dependent on the numeric value in the field. i hope this gives you some insight.

Comment

Working...
                                X