No announcement yet.

MMO Starter Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mastermikie I got the client/server working together remotely with a quirk. My Character name is Character Name Not the actual character name that has been created... In the course of looking at the log window on server I am seeing this: Click image for larger version

Name:	test1.png
Views:	297
Size:	495.2 KB
ID:	1720885

Comment

My health is working perfectly, the character name is not working correctly though.

Comment

Also Inventory is not working correctly either.

Comment

mastermikie thanks! To recap: I have the client/server working remotely now with a couple of quirks! the first quirk is the Character Name that is in the database isn't being displayed when playing. also accepting inventory items doesn't work either, empty inventory slots show. I can take screenshots if that would be helpful.

Comment

mastermikie Guess what is working with the mannequins? My Starter Kit 4.24 running as Test Server the DB appears to be working the networking messages seem quirky still but everything appeared to connect. the problem now is I am immediately being Mobbed which I wasn't initially upon falling and landing! I am still atempting to digest the character altering process, which I have performed under different (variety) of methods.

Comment

Shoutout to CodeSpartan Dude! I Like this kit very much. Although I haven't experienced the game side of it all that much yet.

Comment

Now I have another problem! I am completely lost with step 4 of the PC change. I have done the previous 3 steps prior to 4:
                1. Find the newly created animation blueprint - it should be in the same folder as your new character’s skeleton and it has a dark orange line on the bottom of it’s icon. Open its Anim Graph and click on the first node (Default State Machine). In the state machine open the Idle/Run state, choose the central Blendspace node (it will be named like IdleRun_TPP_Copy) and double-click on it to open the Blendspace.
                I am attempting to replace the mannequin with Paragon: Greystone! and am lost in this and rest of the steps which I can't find the Default State Machine. I see two Locomotions:

1. Locomotion
                2. Ground Locomotion

If anyone has any ideas please feel free to respond!

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by mastermikie View Post
                  during the setup of the base 4.24 mmokit i was having issue with the server giving me consistent errors connecting to the chat server. fig.1 Fortunately the community is very helpful. On the discord channel a user named Stwix gave me the tip to change the output of CanExecuteCosmeticEvents node in the BP_MMOinstance to True. fig. 2 originally it was False. Now it works as expected.

Click image for larger version Name:	chaterror.png Views:	0 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	1720691

Click image for larger version Name:	fix.png Views:	0 Size:	69.0 KB ID:	1720692
                  Sorry, but I don't think this is correct. "CanExecuteCosmeticEvents" is a check whether we're on client or on server. True = client. False = server.
                  So your server now doesn't connect to chat server at all? That's not a solution. You should figure out why the connection wasn't happening, not turning it off altogether.
                  MMO Starter Kit
                  Dialogue Plugin
                  Voxel Plugin
                  Character Customization: Female
                  Character Customization: Male

Comment

Originally posted by mastermikie View Post
                    IFamStudios the -local option is for testing on one system without a server setup. you would run the server.exe on your local computer and then start the client with a shortcut adding -local to the end of the startup command. this allows you to test before you push it up to the external server.

If your running a dedicated server on an external ip and are behind a firewall you may simply have the port forward incorrect. the bible states 7779 is the default for unreal. however we found ours was actually on 7790. i am not sure how we arrived at that but some further reading and searching yielded up the 7790 which in fact worked. so you may need to do some noodling about to get it sorted.
                    I think you can also launch server with -local if you want it to simply connect to chat server on the same machine.
                    MMO Starter Kit
                    Dialogue Plugin
                    Voxel Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by IFamStudios View Post
                      the first quirk is the Character Name that is in the database isn't being displayed when playing.
                      That means the server can't retrieve the character from DB. If you didn't change anything in the scripts, it means your server can't connect to DB. Does it work in editor?
                      MMO Starter Kit
                      Dialogue Plugin
                      Voxel Plugin

Comment

CodeSpartan That isn't my issue now. I have a remote server and local client connecting properly as they should! Everything Client/Server is now working even the database too. The only trouble is when I create new levels which I understand because I didn't add them to the properties. The other problem now is getting lost and confused at the character skinning I mentioned above.

Until I can digest step 4 through the rest with assigning the animations to the Player Character Anim_BP in my case, the Paragon Greystone as he is to become my Player Character I am stuck here.

Comment

CodeSpartan I was able to get through everything I had mentioned previously with the help of mastermikie when he and I discussed some settings that I didn't originally have correct until our discussion back and forth then I was able to fix everything and my client and server now talk remotely. That was the last week. Moving forward for me, I am stuck with customizing the Player Character and NPCs now! Thank you.
                          Last edited by IFamStudios; 02-19-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

@CodeSpartan

Okay, I am completely lost! I am lost on step 4 of the Changing the Player Character and the transfer of the animations. I am wanting to replace the Player Character with the Paragon: Greystone. I see to not find the TPT or whatever the documentation states. I did step 1-3 and am lost on step 4 continuing.

So I am completely lost. I am not sure what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by IFamStudios View Post
                              @CodeSpartan

Okay, I am completely lost! I am lost on step 4 of the Changing the Player Character and the transfer of the animations. I am wanting to replace the Player Character with the Paragon: Greystone. I see to not find the TPT or whatever the documentation states. I did step 1-3 and am lost on step 4 continuing.

So I am completely lost. I am not sure what to do.
                              I've rewritten that part in the documentation for you. Some names have changed during the last refactoring, and the UE4 interface also changed significantly.
                              MMO Starter Kit
                              Dialogue Plugin
                              Voxel Plugin

Comment

CodeSpartan I restored the connection to the chat server as per your post. After some very intense packet inspection at our firewall i found the issue with the chat server threads. We utilize iptables as our firewall and while the normal rules were all correct it seems that the game server sends packets bound for the external adapter to be routed back to the chat server. once i created a rule accepting packets on the internal interface bound for the external address all was well. we now have a stable chat and party bars. thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X